Pu Su Su

968 JinZhong Rd, Lower level, room 103 (at W TianShan Rd), Shanghai, China

朴素素食自助餐 at 上海市长宁区金钟路968号楼103 is self-serve, all-you-can eat vegetarian buffet. Choices include mock meats, vegetables, soup and drinks, dessert. Pay at entrance, take a tray, then fill your plate.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Buffet, Fast food, Salad bar

First Review by reuven

large variety of veggie dishes! - Edit

Finally a veggie buffet in Shanghai! Luckily my work is far out here, otherwise it’s a distance for most veg heads in Shanghai! Great selection for 40rmb with sautéed veggie dishes, hot soups, and even veg burgers! They also have a hot pot option for 58rmb I haven’t tried — yet. Hoping they will have more stores opening in Shanghai.

Pros: delicious greens , awesome veggie burger , fantastic flavors

Cons: only one in Shanghai!

Delicious, plentiful, varied, and cheap - Edit

I frequently visit Shanghai, and was often surprised that there weren't any vegetarian restaurants in this section of town. Well, that has changed, thanks to Pu Su -- and I was absolutely delighted by what I found.

It's an informal, all-you-can eat, buffet, catering largely to the many people working in the area. You enter, pay, and get a tray + cup + bowl + chopsticks. (I'm not sure if they have Western cutlery.) You then grab a seat, and go to their many, many dishes full of everything from soup to fake meat to vegetables. The food was all fresh, warm, and good, and was clearly catering to local Chinese tastes -- but that's not a bad thing!

Most of the people there were people working at local companies, there on their lunch break. So it was crowded, but there was space available for my colleague and me to sit, without being pressured to leave.

The price was 40 RMB for all you can eat, which was a pleasant surprise, given the quality and variety. We're not talking super-gourmet food, or anything incredibly creative. But if you're looking for a filling and good tasting meal, Pu Su is a great place to go.

Return to Shanghai Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pu Su Su closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.