Protein Bar - Franklin St

Contact 312-346-7300

235 S Franklin St, Chicago, Illinois, USA, 60606

Serves meat, vegan options available. Chain of casual, healthier food concept restaurant. Menu has vegan items with tofu, vegan cheese, quinoa, chili with soy protein, non-dairy milk, smoothies, and fresh juices. Open Mon-Thu 7:00am-8:00pm, Fri 7:00am-5:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by SynthVegan

Great burritos - Edit

Great to have tasty vegan options like this in the Loop. Quinoa burrito is my favorite. So filling I can never finish it all. Their juices are very expensive ($5+) but worth it. You can watch them juice it if you stand at the counter. A great place to come with any type of crowd, veg*ns and meat eaters alike.

Wish the Shakes Were Vegan - Edit

Protein Bar is a nice vegan option downtown. I've had the various vegan bowls and they are good and healthy, although I don't really love the vegan cheese, it is good that they offer it. My only complaint is I wish the shakes were vegan, but even their soy protein indicates it includes trace amounts of dairy. I appreciate the fact they are upfront about this and clearly are aware of people's dietary restrictions and concerns. It just makes me said I can't get a Wrigley Peeled, which sounds wonderful!

Pros: Good Value, Friendly Staff, Healthy Food

Vegan options in the loop - Edit

The first time I ate here I got just the veggie chili and thought it was OK. I decided to give PB another shot and went with the vegan quinoa burrito, and to my surprise they had Daiya vegan cheese - this made my burrito 800 times more tasty. My favorite meal here thus far is the vegan quinoa chili topped with the vegan cheese. PB is the only place in the loop I know of that has vegan cheese, so props to them and thanks for making it easier for vegans to find lunch options in the loop. Please note, that I'm recommending this for lunch, if you're from out of town I suggest trying some of our 100% veg*n places first.

Return to Chicago Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Protein Bar - Franklin St closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1725 times since Jun 2010.