Prinz Myshkin City

Hackenstrasse 2, Munich, Germany, 80331

A vegetarian restaurant and lounge. Upscale vibe. Offers a varied menu, plus daily special. Vegan options are marked. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-12:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Beer/Wine, European, German

First Review by Stevie

Loved it! - Edit

Fancy, plush feeling place, with warm service and delicious food (we had the ravioli and the 'Moroccan sunrise'). Highly recommended!

nice atmosphere, delicious food - Edit

this is a beautiful restaurant that is mostly vegetarian, but there is still a decent amount of vegan options and they are very good ! It may seem a bit expensive but the price is worth the meal, at least in my experience. the decor is nice in the restaurant and the restaurant fills up pretty quickly, definitely a must try !

Pros: great food, nice staff

mostly vegetarian; very friendly - Edit

Mostly vegetarian, e.g., no vegan cake / cookies the day I visited (just vegetarian). Very friendly team. Very centrally located at "Sendlinger Tor" inner city subway stop. Big plus: Garlic-free menu available (!). Large, modern space.

Pros: modern, friendly

Cons: few vegan dishes

Ok - Edit

I've been there twice. The most dishes are vegetarian but you can also fined some vegan. It was good, but not more than that. It didn't taste so fresh and neither was something special at all. Very expansive, if you consider that.

Pros: nice ambience , many options

Cons: expansive , not so tasty

Boring & expensive food - Edit

I visited this place some time ago and I was surprised as it was rather expensive - but the food was so boring. My boyfriend hat a pizza Margharita for 15 euros and it really could have been more delicious. I had filled Cannelloni with tomatoe sauce and salad. Was ok but nothing to write home about.
The atmosphere was nice, though. But I understand carnivores who say vegetarian food is boring when they go to places like this.

Pros: Atmosphere

Cons: Expensive, Boring

fine food - Edit

Although it's one of Munich oldest vegetarian restaurants, there are less vegan options than one would expect.
But the vegan dishes are all very delicious. So it is always worth a visit if you want to dine in a noble atmosphere.
The portions could be bigger, the prices lower.

5 minutes from U-/S-Bahn Marienplatz

Pros: food, staff

Cons: noisy, portions, price

Ridiculous prices - Edit

We went there for lunch last summer. Having heard lots about it we were very excited at first. It was Munich's first vegetarian restaurant and the seem to think that they can still sit on that titel. The food was okay, but nothing special. We payed 40 Euros for lunch, with no alcoholic beverages, no starters or desserts! That's just too much for what you get. The food is nothing special. When you're just looking for something vegetarian, you get better food for half the price in any omnvore restaurant. As a vegan, there is not much of a choice either. They don't have a single vegan dessert on the menu! The waiter was okay friendly and not well informed. It was the last time we'll go there.

Pros: located right in the city centre

Cons: prices are much too high, not many vegan options, food is nothing special

Used to be one of my favorites.. - Edit

Used to be one of my favorites... these days i avoid it like the plague.
The high price tag was never a problem since i always felt my expectations were being met... great ideas, fresh food good service. The last two times i popped by i could swear the plate they brought came straight out of the microwave. I mean it's literally impossible for a cook to finish the dish i ordered in less then 10 minutes (i'm a cook) plus the food tasted absolutely dead. The menu hasn't changed in ages and neither has the overall atmosphere. How about some innovation!!! It's 2016 have you noticed dear Prinz?

Pros: Decent service, Spacious, Central location

Cons: Obsolete menu, Overly priced, Microwaved food

Ok Food But Too Expansive - Edit

I ate vegan. Beetroot soup and the ''classic'' vegan main course with taryaki. My husband got the guacamole dish for a starter (which was really bad)
The soup was nice . The main dish was weird. We did not enjoy.

Pros: Good Vegan Variety

Cons: Expensive

great food, great location - Edit

The restaurant is right in the city centre and due to the size of it, it is not always necessary to book a table in advance. We have been there loads of times and have liked absolutely everything on the menu. The staff is really nice. The only negative points are that you might feel a little neglected when you are sitting in the smaller room on the right-hand side of the restaurant, they do not always have vegan cakes and they are just a little expensive. All in all, I really like this place, have been there a lot of times and would definitely recommend it.

Pros: location, food

Cons: price

Get a fan already - Edit

My family ate here in early August. The restaurant had to be 90 degrees inside and there was one fan for the whole huge room. Our waiter told us this had been going on all summer and had been the case last year as well.

It is amazing to me that someone could design such a chic and beautiful dining room and yet leave the diners to drip sweat into their food, not to mention the horrible working conditions for the staff.

The dishes we ordered turned out to be just okay. The bill was very expensive. The food was not of the caliber of similarly priced veg restaurants I have eaten at in the past.

I consider this restaurant a miss.
Updated from previous review on Friday September 11, 2015

Good choice for both vegetarians and vegans - Edit

After a long shopping trip in Munich, I was delighted to find a vegetarian / vegan restaurant near the city centre. And I wasn't disappointed! In my opinion, there was quite a broad variety of vegan dishes and after eating a soup as an entrée and some curry with rice, I was definitely satisfied. Apart from the rice which apparently didn't cook long enough and was thus still really hard, everything was delicious.
I also really enjoyed the atmosphere, the modern flair and the quite quick service. Though I have to agree that the staff isn't particularly friendly and the prices are quite high.

Pros: lots of tasty vegan options, near the city centre, comfortable atmosphere

Cons: quite expensive

Vegan options - Edit

Had our Christmas dinner there while in Munich over Christmas. So glad to have some healthy and tasty vegan options! Large food portions and fast service. We were able to take 1/2 of our entrees back to the hotel for a second meal. Lovely tea service with mint tea. Wished we had more time to visit a second time. There was only one vegan dessert option which was a bit disappointing as the bakery case was filled with delectable looking items which are probably not too difficult to veganize. However, we enjoyed our dessert and left full and satisfied. Would be a nice place to stop in for a pot of tea and a snack if wandering around the center of Munich.

Pros: vegan options, cozy atmosphere

Cons: needs more vegan desserts

nice place - Edit

and great disesh but it was too expensive!!!

Disappointing and limited vegan selections - Edit

I would have rated this only one out of five of the site would let me. I was delighted to see this vegetarian restaurant a block from my hotel to discover their vegan options were not only limited but unappetising. Most of their vegan items were appetisers and salads, and they offered zero pastas, pizzas or even deserts! I left without ordering, very disappointed especially given they had a handful of vegan antipasto options but for some reason chose not to offer vegan antipasto, only vegetarian. When we left, the waiter pointed and told us, "You can get meat down there." When I said it was because I'm vegan, he said the menu is half vegan, when it reality it is less than 49%, and out of those selections I found only one assuaging. As well, the food may be delicious as some reviewers say, but 10 euro for miso soup and 15 for samosas is ridiculous. Vegans should head to Max Prett about 10 minutes away instead.

Pros: Close to downtown

Cons: Limited Selections, Expensive, No vegan dessert

veggie gem in Munich - Edit

I was visiting Munich couple of weeks ago and looked up this place in advance. The place lived up to the hype - great food and quality in a very nice part of town. I had the beat soup and a dish called Maroccan Sunset. Delishious!

Pros: great selection of dishes , English menu available , great location

Cons: no wifi

Great food, huge variety - Edit

The quality and taste of the meals are definitely amazing. They offer a huge variety of dishes and the ones i've tried already are that yummy! The prices for the meals are more expensive i'd say, but ok, you'll at least get a outstanding taste for your money.

Great location, great food - Edit

The nenu here is huge and accommodates all different cuisines, Italian, Indian, German etc. Being a vegan I was a bit disappointed about the limited options available but I was able to find a vegetarian option that they were able to veganize for me. I tried the "Save the Tuna" Soy Tuna Pizza made with a spelt dough was amazingly good.I loved the restaurant and the ambience it has with vaulted ceilings, of which the only drawback was, that it was also quite loud. All in all a very recommendable restaurant

Pros: High quality food, Big menu for vegetarians, Ambience

Cons: too noisy

Return to Munich Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Prinz Myshkin City closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.