Prime Dog - Vila Mariana

• Veg-friendly
Contact 1155390179

Rua Vergueiro 1960, Vila Mariana, Sao Paulo, Brazil,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers vegan choices in sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs, snacks and ice cream. The almighty Beirute, easily shared by two, comes stuffed with vegan cheese, vegan ham, salad and mashed potatoes. This outlet is located by Ana Rosa subway station.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Western, Fast food, Brazilian, Non-veg

First Review by DanielAmaral

don't waste your time - Edit

This is not how people should eat, but it offers some vegab options and the price is ok. The only animal you'll hurt eating here is yourself. If you do decide to go for it, I would not eat the hotdog, the sausage is disgusting and you'd be better of chewing on cartboard.

Meeting Point of Sao Paulo's vegans - Edit

Even being just (highly)veg-friendly, it is a meeting point of Sao Paulo's vegan community, because the care to the vegan public (banners related to the cause are allowed in its inner walls), the wide open hours and the possibility to eat vegan "gordices* (fatticies).
Vegetarian and vegan sandwiches are fried in separated sheetmetals.

Pros: Nice attendants, Variety of "gordices", Wide open time

Junk food - Edit

(Not that) fast food service that serves meat, but full of vegan options, like burgers, french fries, milkshakes, cupcakes, nuggets, hot dogs and others.
Opens at night, when it gets really crowded and the wait can increase your hungry.
Not the best vegan food in town, but it's a nice option, well-located, with moderate prices.
Updated from previous review on Sunday August 10, 2014

Pros: Vegan options, Well located, Friendly staff

Cons: Parking, Slow service / crowded, A little dirty

Not great, but ok for late night food - Edit

I waited in line at this 'fast food' place for over 45 minutes and then anther 20 for my food to come out. I'm not sure if this is the norm. I had the beihrute because that's what all the reviews said and it was really heavy and not that good. I also had a coconut based chocolate milkshake and that was pretty good. The staff didn't speak any English but the lady at the counter was patient with me and was very smiley.

Pros: Open late, Friendly staff, Good milkshakes

Cons: Heavy/greasy food, Very slow service

Very pleasant surprise! - Edit

My family of four were expecting traditional veggie dogs and burgers, and when I realized no one spoke English, I started to worry that the kids would not eat what was being presented to them - very unique versions of a veggie dog and burgers, with mashed potatoes, corn and tiny chips as automatic toppings. But one bite and my fears were quelled - the kids loved their meals and ended up being too full to eat the chips that came with the combos I ordered. Next time I will know that the portion sizes are large and filling and order accordingly. I would highly recommend going there, but if you don't speak Portuguese, take a translator with you!

Cons: No English menu available

Excellent Junk Food - Edit

PrimeDog is one of the few places in São Paulo, where you can get some decent vegan junk food. The staff is very friendly, I am not sure if they speak English though.
They offer a large variety of vegetarian and vegan dishes, including burgers, hot dogs, nuggets, beirute, cupcakes, ice-cream and soy milkshakes.
They also use a different frying pan for vegan orders.
Don´t forget the bonus card! You get a stamp on your bonus card when you buy a combo and with ten stamps you receive a free combo.

Pros: Open almost 24/7, Friendly staff, Close to the metro station "Ana Rosa"

Cons: Sometimes dirty tables upstairs, Some items are pricey

great vegan junk food - Edit

I went to Prime Dog in november of 2012 and was amazed by the variety of vegan junk food they offer.

From burguers to hot dogs and a huge sandwich known as beirute, probably the largest meal of the house. Since I wasn't that hungry, I ordered a burguer, fries and something like a vegan nugget with barbecue sauce.
This cost me about $18 brazillian reais. The burguer was very good, but not excellent. The vegan cheese ("vegarella") could have a little more flavor.
But I think it is one of a few places to sell vegan food late at night, so it was tottaly fine.

Pros: open all night, big portions

Return to Sao Paulo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Prime Dog - Vila Mariana closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 985 times since Jan 2013.