PREPP

05620020

Rauðarárstígur 8, Reykjavik, Iceland, 105

Serves meat, vegan options available. Downtown cafe offering coffee and sandwiches, juice and smoothies, chia pudding, hummus & vegetables, avocado bread, and a pulled jackfruit sandwich. Vegetarian/vegan items marked on the menu. Open Mon-Fri 9:00am-5:30pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-4:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, European, Non-veg

First Review by Edda

Terrific, vegan-friendly cafe that's nice to hang out in - Edit

I spent yesterday afternoon working from this ace cafe near Hlemmur Square in Reykjavik. The coffee was good, the vegan food was fresh and inventive (my companion had the vegan pulled pork sandwich, which comes with the best salad I've had in Reykjavik; I had the vegan avocado flatbread, which includes rocket, cream cheese and mock ham), and there were a number of other good vegan options. I also had some freshly squeezed orange juice and a piece of vegan apple pie, which was pleasant – not too sweet, though a little more like cake in texture. There were a couple of other vegan sweets on display.

Another thing I really enjoyed was the layout of this cafe – it's wide, open-plan and relaxed. If you need to catch up on some internet-related things or some reading, this is the ideal place to do it (Reykjavik really is the best for places with free wifi).

The owner came out to chat with us later in our stay. He's keen on catering to vegans and mentioned that he's experimenting with a vegan burger; we're hoping to go back and try it before we leave.

Soundtrack was good too: all Björk and Emilíana Torrini. Highly recommended.

Updated from previous review on 2017-06-01

Pros: Creative selection of vegan & veg dishes, Nice staff who are keen on vegans, Free wifi! Makes working and/or emailing easy

Underestimated - Edit

Nice modern cafe close to Hlemmur bus station. Neat interior and plenty of space. Lots of vegan options. Also, the friendly staff is aware of vegan needs and requrements.
I had a great sandwich with jackfruit and mock meat, that came with a nice fresh salad aside. Super comfortable place, especially awesome breakfast venue. Sadly I discovered Prepp only on my last day in Reykjavik, otherwise I would have gone more than once. They provide free WiFi, too. It was a late, but nonetheless great find. Highly recommended!

Cosy and a lot of options! - Edit

Comfortable downtown café with great coffee and even better sandwiches. The staff and owners are very friendly and helpful. They offer free wifi. Plenty of vegetarian and vegan options, all labeled. They make juices, smoothies, and my favourite is the pulled Jackfruit sandwich. It comes with nice salat and they make their own vegan mayo! Chocolate Oatly milk in small containers that I haven't seen elsewhere. The menu is always being improved and they seem to really care about vegetarians.

Pros: Good prices compared to other cafés , Variety of vegan options, Cosy atmosphere

Return to Reykjavik Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has PREPP closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.