Premarché Gelateria

• Health-food-store Health Store
0120-841828

308 Sanjodori Inokuma Nishiiru Ontomocho, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan, 604-8331

Small organic grocery store combined with Italian gelato ice cream bar, located in the Sanjo shopping arcade at 京都市中京区 御供町308. Makes its own ice cream, and vegan selection is placed in a separate section from the dairy flavors. Wafers are vegan. Can provide soy milk for coffee. Previously named Premarche Organics. Open Mon-Tue 12:00pm-6:00pm, Thu-Sun 12:00pm-6:00pm.

First Review by YukiLim

Loved their vegan gelato! - Edit

I was ecstatic to visit Premarché Gelateria near Nijō Castle, and I almost couldn't believe it - there were 11 vegan flavors alone, and the cone was also vegan! I had the olive oil and rice milk with caramel flavors, and both were delicious.

Opened only in April this year, they will soon make their way to Tokyo. The staff speaks perfect English, the store was cozy and bright, and the gelato was over-the-top amazing.

Just a note - since this places still serves dairy gelato, make sure you tell the staff you're only looking for vegan flavors, which are separated from the rest. There's also a machine that you need to use in order to print out a ticket for your gelato. It shouldn't be too complicated to operate and the staff can probably help you out if you have questions.

Pros: amazing vegan selections, friendly staff, cozy vibe

Cons: still serves dairy-based gelato

Gelato heaven for vegans! - Edit

I first heard about this place from my vegan friends and I was blown away when I finally got to try it. They used to only have three vegan flavors but now they have a whopping 11 flavors for vegans which is really impressive for Japan. I tried the ume sorbet and kinako (roasted soy) gelato and they were fantastic. The texture of both flavors were super creamy and luscious, the ume wasn't too sour and blended nicely with the sweetness of the sorbet, while the nuttiness of the kinako was really profound. The cafe is also very bright and relaxing so I enjoyed hanging out with my friend and eating our gelatos together. I will be returning again to try the other flavors!

Updated from previous review on 2017-07-17

Pros: Really creamy and flavorful gelato, Many vegan flavors, Gluten free wafer options

Cons: Wish they would use less plastic spoons for eat-in, Too addictive, I could eat four scoops a day :p

Return to Kyoto Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Premarché Gelateria closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.