Prem Bistro and Cafe

• Vegetarian

Plenty of vegan options (scrambled tofu, soups, salads, chickpea burger, quinoa stir fry, wraps, Asian tofu and vegetable dishes). Every day there is a set lunch menu which includes soup and main course. Open air terrace seating. Wi-fi.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Juice bar, Delivery, Take-out, Vietnamese

First Review by Kimxula

Worth a visit! - Edit

Had the pleasure of finding this little gem for dinner tonight, it's small but has a really cute ambiance and an amazing menu! There was so much to choose from, but I opted for a Banana nut smoothie, Pad Thai and a side of Mushrooms with ginger- absolutely speechless. It was delicious!!! Portions are good and the prices as well. Please go there, I guarantee you'll enjoy it!

Pros: ambiance/decoration , large menu, good prices and location

nice place - Edit

cost me 200,000 VND total for (very spicy) pad thai + carrot juice + banana+nut smoothie

nice little place, follow a sign down a short alley, it's on the right.

huge menu - vegan items shown with a *

staff didn't say much but i like the quiet

they have wifi too if you ask :)

Pros: quiet, english menu, large selection

Cons: little difficult to find

A very nice place in Saigon - Edit

I came there this january and still amazed by the various delicious food there. Nice Service. However, the set lunch is not really special.

Delicious tempeh and Pad Thai.
Hope you guys will have more and more vegan dishes! Thanks for the good food ! :)
p.s. I wonder (and I dont know) if this restaurant still uses MSG Monosodium Glutamate or not? I Hope not.. :)

Huge Menu and Captivating Atmosphere - Edit

This place is worth a visit alone just to check out the design. The menu is extremely extensive and although only ~40% of it is vegan (the rest is vegetarian) I still struggled to decide what to get.

All the food we ordered was extremely delicious, but I especially recommend the banana nut smoothie and masala wrap with tahini. I also got the kale salad with wasabi dressing which was amazing but too huge to eat by myself. My friend had the chickpea burger which I found to be a little dry.

It's a little pricey, especially for VN but definitely worth it, and the portions are larger than average.

I had a bit of trouble finding it. Make a right before the big building on the corner and go down. Its on the right side, the sign is pretty small

Prem Bistro, Ho Chi Minh City - Edit

I had excellent food here this evening. Samosa, beetroot soup, a tofu scramble dish and my other half had a chick pea tagine. The drinks (she had a smoothy, I had a blend) were also great. Its a lovely setting with a nice relaxed vibe.

One thing that could make it even better. On the inside of the menu it states vegan items are indicated with an asterisk. If taken literally this means none of the drinks are vegan since are asterisked. On asking some of them are (e.g. one of the smoothies, 3 of the blends and probably others). Also it says vegan (no eggs / dairy). There's no indication as to whether or not they exclude honey from vegan.

Pros: vegan friendly, Great food, Nice vibe, atmo & service

Cons: Labelling of vegan could be improved

Exciting food - Edit

Huge menu with vietnamease and more western foods available. Vegan options marked. Delicious food and some very interesting combinations (including a tofu, beetroot and soymilkshake). As a warning though, portions are quite small and if ordering off the Vietnamese section of the menu prices are from around 90K upwards.

Pros: Lots of vegan options

Cons: Expensive

the best option for veg people - Edit

this is my personal opinion (many friends of mine are also agree) - this is the best place for veg people in Saigon. My favourites are Momos and Pad Thai. Food is great, their service is very friendly and this place is simple, but nice and cosy. i wish they have vegan options for dessert besides fruits))))

Pros: food quality, relaxed friendly atmosphere , big choice

Cons: no

wonderful located - Edit

Such a sweet spot! We had some smoothies and a salad because we were on the go,but will try to go back again on our trip.
Updated from previous review on Saturday January 10, 2015

Pros: Cozy

Cons: Expensive

HEAVEN - Edit

Prem Bistro Cafe has saved my life in Vietnam. The vegetarian bistro delivers not only to my home but they deliver in customer service, healthy, non oily, amazing, food that I have missed while in Vietnam. Everything is fresh and I am able to eat dinner and breakfast from one order. I highly suggest the Red Quinoa cakes with yogurt sauce and the eggplant rolls NOT FRIED! It's all amazing and I look forward to the day I can actually visit the restaurant and meet these amazing people. LIFE IS GOOD!

Pros: FRESH, DELICIOUS, DELIVERY

Cons: N/A, N/A, N/A

I just love it - Edit

A nice, cozy, modern and stylish place with a lot a food on the menu. The staff is very friendly and some of them speak a very good English. I went there a few times and was never disappointed.

Pros: Menu, Staff, Atmosphere

must to visit - Edit

Thanks Happy Cow for these restaurant!

Very-very friendly lovely place. We visited it with great pleasure. Seems to be small cafe, but they have 1st, 2nd floor and roof top place!

We tried some raw dishes like avocado salad or quinoa salad, fruit smoothies and hot veg dishes: spring rolls and eggplant rolls. All of them was very good.

You will love this place with its tasty food, ice design and sympathetic staff.

Delivery is fast and careful.

Pros: moderate price, nice people, fresh tasty food

In love with this place - Edit

I tried Bistro 3 days ago and I love it. The set lunch is ridiculously cheap!!! Only 30.000 vdn (one dollar and 10 cents?)and it comes with a main dish, rice and soup.
I love the place, is really chilling.

Pros: tasty and cheap food, free of MSG (or they use vey few)

My favourite place in Saigon!! - Edit

When I first arrived in Saigon, I browsed through Happy Cow for veggie restaurant suggestions and Prem wasn't on here...I actually found out about it through Trip Advisor...and after going there for the first time, I really found it so hard to believe that it wasn't listed here on Happy Cow...seriously...whaaat?! So of course, I had to add it - and I've been spreading the Prem gospel and turned several friends onto it :-)

So, the first time I went to Prem, I fell in love. The place has such a lovely, laid back vibe and the 2 owners are wonderful people! One of them is a yoga instructor at Yoga Living, which is on the same street a few blocks down and the other is a really cool girl who speaks great English and is really great to chat to. The lighting is nice inside, there are some books laying around for you to check out while you wait for your food and there's a nice little raised 'nook' in the corner with floor pillows if you prefer to dine that way, as well as seating on a little balcony upstairs, which is also really comfy.

And now for the food....it is, so far, the best veggie food I have had in the city. The quality has never failed me and I always feel so nourished and satisfied after eating at Prem. Whenever I am feeling like a change from the 'standard' veggie Vietnamese food (although Prem does have it's own Vietnamese style section of the menu...and I can testify that is delicious, too!), Prem is always the first alternative that comes to mind and they consistently deliver fresh tasting and innovative dishes. My favourites are the butter paneer curry, portobello mushroom burger and eggplant rolls covered in cashews. When I want something lighter and refreshing, I usually go for the 'zoodles' (spiralised zucchini with avocado 'cream' sauce) or the quinoa, mango and black bean salad, which is amazing! I also like the fact the fresh juices come unsweetened (you can add honey for an additional charge if you like)and one of my favourites contains celery, beets, carrots, bok choy, spinach, ginger...great combo and your body will thank you for it!

Nothing but great things to say about Prem, again,so surprised it wasn't already listed here on Happy Cow! Just go check it out and you'll see what I mean :-) 5 Cows, yep!

Pros: Great quality, tasty food, Lovely staff, Laidback atmosphere

Cons: Maybe a little bit hard to find..., ...it's just down a little alley on Vo , Van Tan street

Return to Ho Chi Minh City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Prem Bistro and Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2128 times since Apr 2014.