Prashad

• Vegetarian
Contact 01274-575893

137 Whitehall Road, Drighlington, Drighlington, England, BD11 1AT

Indian vegetarian cuisine and chaat house serving traditional Gujarati food to the locals, busy at lunch time. Try the masala dosa. Current location since Dec 2012; previously in Bradford.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Take-out

First Review by DJAlbertFreeman

The Best Indian Meal I have ever had!! - Edit

What can I say, you would be mad not to go here.

The staff are very friendly and the food is amazing.I had a beautiful three course vegan meal and from start to finish I didn't want it to end.

Pros: excellent food, good value, vegan options!!

Cons: Book in advance

Always excellent - Edit

This was my third visit to Prashad and again it didn't disappoint. The food here is seriously delicious and beautifully presented. I have tried lots of differnet things on the menu and everything is excellent. Worth travelling for.

Pros: Excellent Food

excellent but pricey - Edit

lovely spicing and presentation. better than say the Drummond street vegetarian restaurants in Euston (London) but obviously this is at a price. has its place amongst the few top tier veggie restaurants in UK, although I personally prefer Lancrigg and pied a tierre.

You don't want to miss this place! - Edit

I'm a huge fan of Indian food so when I heard there was an Indian restaurant nearby that was also vegetarian, I jumped at the chance to go. I had high expectations and they were met and exceeded. Great décor inside, very nice for an Indian restaurant and the menu choice was extensive, varied and full of dishes I had tried but also never heard of before. The food was fantastic and I even took my leftovers home in a doggy bag as the portions were very generous. The price is just a touch more than I'd pick for a typical Indian meal but the class and atmosphere of the restaurant was of higher value anywhere. I'd go back a million times and I'd highly recommend to non-meat and meat eaters alike.

Pros: Menu choice, Decor, Portion size

Cons: Location

Delicious, friendly and LOADS of vegan options - Edit

Had a delicious meal here and not the usual fare. The dishes were well prepared, unusual and so very tasty. Place was packed even for a late dinner but they were accommodating and welcoming. Recommend

Love - Edit

Prashad is beautiful. However I still haven't forgiven Gordon Ramsey for taking Bradford's best kept secret and shoving it into the limelight. The food is out of this world, if you want cheap, greasy, average rubbish go elsewhere. Think fine dining.

Prashad is a little expensive but it's relative, nowhere else will you get this quality of food for the price.

It pleases me that they chose in Bradford when they moved.

After a recent experience regarding an unanswered complaint I can only award four cows.

Pros: Fine food, Beautiful restaurant, Community minded

A step above anywhere I've eaten before. - Edit

Prashad is new to the area, but an established restaurant. The staff were amazing friendly, the chef came out and asked how the meal was. Dishes are different, amazingly tasty, well presented. Honestly, steps above anywhere I've eaten before. Locally brewed beers are available also.

Pros: Friendly, Tasty, Value

Over-rated - Edit

To be honest I think this place is well over-rated and can't understand why people rave about it. You can get far better curry other places in Bradford.

I went with a friend, the waiter brought us a huge bottle of mineral water which we didn't ask for. Apart from that service was slow and surly, and the food we had was virtually tasteless. Hardly spiced at all and well overpriced for what it was - I could have made better myself at home. We left most of our food and went home disappointed.

Give it a miss if you want good curry [edit by staff].

Cons: bad food, slow service, overrated

Outstanding curry house, even in Bradford! - Edit

We shared the vegan mixed starters - every one would get five stars! Just spicy enough to get me blowing my nose 3/4 of the way through (my barometer!)

I tried the massala dosa and it was gorgeous. There's a giant version on the menu, which must need a dustbin lid to serve it on.

I think over half the menu was vegan.

They're slowly getting over the Gordon Ramsey hype, but still really busy, especially early evening. Online booking was useful. We booked a few hours in advance on a Saturday evening and they still had free tables from about 9. They have a waiting room across the road - what the americans might call quaint ;-)

I used to live round the corner 20 years ago. If this place had been there back then, I'd have been a) 20 stone and b) severely overdrawn!

Pros: Top Indian food!, Good value, Huge vegan selection

Cons: Busy

Great food! - Edit

We went here for a birthday dinner and we weren't disppointed. The food was delicious, the service was good. Just a shame that booking has to be done so far in advance and table turnover is such that lingering is not possible.

Pros: delicious, so many options

Cons: Slightly rushed

Prashad - you can book online - Edit

This was a great little restaurant even before Gordon Ramsay voted it best Indian restaurant in Britain. Probably wise to book especially at weekends http://prashad.co.uk/
Always have vegan dishes and last time I was there they had vegan ice cream too

Pros: consistently great food, friendly service

Cons: small (but cosy), might need your sat nav to find it

The best Indian restaurant in the UK - official - Edit

According to Gordon Ramsey, Prashad is the best indian restaurant in the UK. I can confirm this as I go regularly. Not only is it the best but it's 100% veggie too with lots of vegan options. The dosa is out of this world. If you're any where near Bradford, go, you'll not be disapointed. Mind you, now that they've had such good publicity on national TV, you may need to book!!!!

Pros: great food, great staff, great price

specialdosa I am sorry Sally. I saw the programme and went at lunchtime on the Thursday with my mid 80's Mum. The people are lovely but the food was poor. We tried two of the 'signature' dishes. I visit Tooting in S London regularly and there are 3 small chains of S Indian restaurants there. On average, but not every time, the food in any of them is 40% better AND 40% cheaper. I went to Bradford U and my Mum lives there but on this evidence there is no good Indian cuisine in Bradford.

Satisfied - Edit

Having been passing earlier this week (like I have done many times when working over Bradford way) I gave in to temptation and decided to try Prashad (my partner would love a trip there but had to test the water first! - long way for us to go from York). Having survived Bradfords driving horrors, I failed to notice there were two entrances and rather than selecting takeaway I got the restaurant door! It was just after lunchtime so was not too busy, waiter was extrememly helpful and menu clearly marks plenty of vegan options. I selected the Burger with masala chips. I know this is a fairly basic meal, but everything About it was spot-on! Masala chips got the best of me 3/4 of the way through, and the waiter promptly got me some free tapwater! I managed to finish. I can't comment on the other meals, but my experience was very good. Staff seemed polite, welcomed me, and unlike some Indian restaurants - talked about the food with great enthusiasm. I will be further judging upon my familys return visit! I just couldn't spot anything my daughter (3yr old) may be able to handle, although I think the staff may be accomodating due to enthusiastic attitude so will update my review as soon as I've revisited.

Pros: Staff Friendly, Vegan Menu Options

Cons: My 3yr old daughter may struggle

yummm - Edit

it's delightful, I've never eaten anything I didn't love in this place, my favourite place to eat out in bradford

Worth a visit - Edit

We visited prashad after seeing the Ad on the back of bus, we never knew it was there! The food is really excellent and very good value for money. Like other reviewers have said, they make real Indian food, the head chef is a woman and has won many awards, she came out and chatted to us whilst we ate. Food well balanced sices fresh ingredients. Superb! It does get very busy so booking is essential at the weekend.

Pros: Great food, Not expensive, very nice staff

Cons: gets very warm

Excellent Cuisine - Edit

I went with a group last Sunday and the choice was excellent. Service was excellent. Food was out of this world, best choice in Bradford. Even meat eaters enjoyed vegetarian food. I certainly recommend going to Prashad Chaat House.

Pros: Menu choice, Nice staff

Cons: Small venue

Very interesting & tasty range of food - Edit

Very wide range of interesting, authentic and tasty food - not your average curry house! The only negatives to our visit were the lack of food suitable for young kids (mine can handle a tiny bit of chilli, but even the things that were recommended to us as being mild were a bit too spicy for their taste - however this is a problem encountered in many Indian restaurants, so Prashad is no worse than anywhere else in this respect!) and the lack of alcohol (again, this is not uncommon, but one member of our party was very disappointed!). Despite the fact that the kids couldn't handle the heat, it wasn't "blow-your-head-off" spicy, so I think most people except those with very delicate constitutions would be happy! Very good value for money, and friendly staff too.

Pros: Value for money, Wide range of food, Tasty & interesting

Cons: Too spicy for some kids, No alcohol allowed, Small restaurant

The Pinnacle - Edit

Prashad really is the pinnacle of vegetarian and vegan Indian cuisine. They make dishes you simply can't get at 'regular' Indian restaurants. And even the stuff you can, like tarka dhal and roti, are far better than anywhere else in Bradford. And for anyone who has seen just how many Indian restaurants there are in Bradford, that's no mean feat!

The staff are lovely, always remember me when I go in. The prices are slightly higher than the Bradford average, but all things are relative. You can still get a marvellous meal for under £6.

Pros: amazing food, lovely people, I live in Bradford

Cons: size of restaurant

Return to Drighlington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Prashad closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3084 times since Aug 2007.