Prasada

• Vegetarian
Contact 084231228

Qanchipata 269, Barrio San Blas, Cusco, Peru,

Small vegetarian restaurant with 6 tables and free Wi-Fi, in San Blas neighborhood at this space since 2015; previously a snack bar at Choquechaca 152. Offers a weekday lunch menu set that includes soup or salad, main dish, and small dessert. A la carte menu offers veggie burgers plus pasta, pizza, salad, and fresh juices.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Western, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by vegprasada

Very different burgers! - Edit

We had the Chacarcera (chumichurri, cheese, garlic and sweet onion) and the Hawaiiana (cheese, chutney and honey mustard). Both came with crisp sticks (no fries). The drinks are massive (chai tea lassi was ml).

Pros: lots of original burgers, friendly staff, Wi-Fi

Simple but good - Edit

The place is small and, when i was there, the same nice guy that works as waiter is also the chef (although at some point came another guy to help him out).

The food was simple but good (not great). Mostly burgers/sandwiches. There are a couple of vegan dishes and others which can be veganized.

Pros: vegan options

Cons: a bit slow

Just a winsome place - Edit

Comfortable restaurant with causal staff. Food was pretty good, although the pesto that came with my burger might be considered oversalted by some. Mango juice was awesome, it came in probable the largest glass I have ever drunken from.
Overall good attitude and good value.

Pros: good value, good attitude

Cons: there could be more vegan options, can get cold in there

Wonderful Veggie Burgers - Edit

The veggie burgers here are really good! (They are homemade from lentils) If they had fries or some kind of potato on the side rather than wanton strips, it could be a perfect meal. I recommend the Super Vegan Burger.

Pros: Great Veggie Burger, Free WiFi

Cons: Not many tables, More vegetarian options than vegan

Prasaba doesn't exist but... - Edit

I went to Prasaba but It was closed, now It's SABOR Y FRUTA, a small restaurant when you can see the owner cook, he is a very nice guy from Lima who moved in Cuzco (he is chef). The restaurant is not vegetarian anymore but there are great veggie/vegan option and the chef use different frying pan specially for the vegetarian and vegan dishes (very good point!). I try a very good humus sandwich with a pickled local vegetable, and home-made French fries, I recommend!

Pros: Good, Cheap, Original sandwish

Cons: Not 100% vegetarian

Delicious but a little cold - Edit

I ate here in August 2014. Ordered a falafel sandwich (came in ciabatta bread), a lentil burger, and a vegan chocolate brownie. All were absolutely delicious and made to order. Very friendly service too.

The only downside is that it was a little cold to eat there (Cusco is cold), but thankfully there is now another Prasada round the corner on Qanchipata 269 with indoor seating.

Pros: Delicious food, Separate vegan menu, Made to order

Cons: A little cold

Hearty, tasty, good prices - Edit

Great sandwiches, salads and wraps for $1.50-$3 US. Get the falafel salad, or the argentinian burger with delicious garlicky chimichurri sauce. NOTE: You must specify that you want an item vegan. Even if the menu lists the item as vegan, it may arrive with dairy cheese unless you specify. Don't be discouraged if you can't find this place at first - it's there. Ask around. Look for a sign they place out on the sidewalk. Hours vary, always ask when they'll be open next.

Pros: flavorful food, good value, friendly staff

not so great - Edit

this review is for the prasada at qanchipata 269...
the guy running the joint was behaving like he was on speed. maybe he's just an overly energetic character? when he came to take our order, he immediately pointed out one of the burgers as the best on the menu. i said we were looking for vegan only, to which he answered "yeah, that burger i just told you to get is vegan!" well, it actually came with honey mustard. when i pointed that out, again he said "yeah, it's vegan." when i tried to tell him most vegans don't eat honey, he just got annoyed and walked away.
beyond that guy acting like an a$$hole, the food was average at best. it was cheap though. lunch for two people came to about $7 u.s. dollars.

nice portions, good food - Edit

I had a large falafel tortilla salad plate for only 6.50 soles. Just make sure you indicate that you want the item vegan. I thought the vegan symbol on the menu meant the item was vegan, but it means it can be made vegan.

yummy food but often closed? - Edit

As 2 vegans, we were very lucky that this restaurant was 2 or 3 blocks from our hotel! We both got the mexican burger with chips which was really good! (although I think they mix guacamole and ketchup..think next time I'd just want it with guacamole). The most amazing part was dessert!!! Chocolate covered strawberry jam filling cookie. was so crunchy! We both got 2 1/2 (shared the last one) they were sooo good. I could have had 10 more. I asked the woman working if they'd have more the following day she said yes. Everyone working was very nice and helpful! However, the next day they were closed...and we tried to go back a few days later and they were closed again..so that was a bit of a bummer :( no hours listed. Was really hoping to go back a second time, especially to get the cookie! I guess I will just have to dream about it.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday June 12, 2013

Pros: friendly staff, amazing dessert, yummy food

Cons: no idea when the hours are

Greatest falafel sandwich ever - Edit

This place was one of my best food experiences in peru. It was hard to find and to get it OPEN, but when I did it was totally worth it.
The owner/cook was a very kind woman who made a great falafel sandwich for me and my girlfriend. She also made another sandwich of something I can't remember (lentil, maybe) that was equally delicious. Both of them were vegan by request.

Pros: Delicious, cheap, kind owner

Cons: hard to find it open

run, don't walk! - Edit

Finally, finally, a veggie place in South America that knows how to serve delicious food. This humble hole-in-the-wall cranks out mouth-watering burgers, felafel, soups, and salads at dirt-cheap prices. Seating is a bit cramped, being stools and narrow counters to hold the food. But this is a quibble--the food is fantastic and portions ample.

Amazing burgers - Edit

There are at least two locations for Prasada in Cusco (with a possible third). The two I went to with the girfriend were both in the San blas area, 2 mins from each other. The first restaurant is located on Aventuras Tierras Mojadas off a set of stairs. This is a small sit down cafe with a decent menu offered. We had the lunch special for 12 soles which was a double veg burger and a jug of juice. There are several varieties of burger offered, each with a different sauce - I had the original with guacamole (Mexican). My girlfriend had the Texan which was an onion sauce, which I personally preferred but both were awesome.

The second prasada we went to was on Choquechaca. A little kitchen located in a breezeway with 4 seats. Here we both had the Prasada burger on the special menu for 8 soles. This burger had a mix of all the sauces available and was amazing - I think the pesto sauce (Italian) made it. This prasada offered little desert balls made with spelt flour, quinoa, carrot and coconut for one sole each - awesome.

We went back to the larger prasada again while in cusco and had the lunch special for 8 soles. We got A lemongrass tea, vegetable wontons, fried rice and some pineapple for desert. The fried rice was dissapointing as it was unfortunately way too salty (too the point of being almost inedible). My girlfriend couldn't finish hers and I finished mine with a very dry tongue. The vegetable wontons in comparison were beautiful.

I would reccomend the burgers and the lasagne looked really good too. You can eat off the menu for 4-8 soles and they seem to cater for vegans also.

Pros: best burgers, English spoken, great value

Cons: occasionally not all items on menu offered

Great vegetarian place! - Edit

This is possibly the best vegetarian restaurant I've been to in my 2 months in S America, with very affordable prices. In fact, I liked it so much that I went back multiple times to both of their locations in my several days in Cusco. Delicious soup/main/drink for 8 soles (USD $2).

The daily menu of their sit-down restaurant changes, with a variety of international veggie choices available. Fresh ingredients; not everything in their printed menu was available. Gracious hosts at both the sit-down restaurant and the little alley-shop locations.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly (and English-speaking) staff, Affordable

Cons: Not all items on menu avlb on given day

Great food! - Edit

Great food with low cost.
Perfect seasoning!
I used to eat there everyday when I was in Cusco and when I come back I will certainly do that again.
It seems strange to have such good food in a little place like that but that's when we realize that good food doesn't need fancy places. Love when cooking and good service make all the difference...

Pros: perfect seasoning, good price

Great, But Difficult Find - Edit

This restaurant was hard to find, but I'm glad I found it. The first problem in finding this place is that on Choquechaca street there is a sign that reads "veg food" that points you in the opposite direction. Do not follow this sign; it leads you to a veg-friendly restaurant (El Encuentro). Go instead the opposite way. The second problem is that it's not really located at "Choquechaca 152."

Well, once you find it they will have amazing, good food. I recommend the Italian burger. It's dressed with pesto. The pizzas are made fresh in an oven and can be made vegan. Also try the "platano-maracuya" juice mix (banana-passion fruit).

The only bad thing I can say about this place is about its size: it is a really small place with about seven seats only. When you finally do sit down, it's as if you were sitting outside in the cold. However, the food makes up for it.

There is also another Prasada restaurant neary-by that actually has proper seating. It's on the same street (Choquechaca), but there are some stairs that lead up to it. The owner gave me this address:

Prasada "Pura Vida"
Qanchipata 269 (San Blas neighborhood)
Opened Monday-Friday 14-15 & 6-9, Saturday from 12-18

Good luck finding the place!

Pros: Great tasting food!, Good value

Cons: Limited seating

Best Veg Food in Cusco!!! - Edit

This is my favorite vegetarian restaurant/hang-out spot in Cusco! The portions are large, the price is great and Gina and Hans, the owners, have warm and welcoming vibes! This place attracts a conscious, healthy crowd and I have met many amazing people at this spot. I just saw the menu for the new Prasada Pura Vida, opening down the road, and it looks absolutely delicious, with even more options (the most options I've seen anywhere in Cusco.)
QUE RICCO!!!

Pros: healthy cusine, tasty, friendly staff

Cons: none

Best vegan food in Cusco!! - Edit

Extremely good, cheap vegan food served by very nice owner. A must in Cusco! Juices mixed with soy milk. Vegan cakes. =) Only bad is that it's outside and can be very cold.

Pros: nice owner, excellent food, good value

Cons: cold in vinter

Best Vegetarian - Edit

Prasada was a gem in Cusco!

My friends and I had been travelling Peru for 3 weeks before stumbling upon Prasada. It is hard to find vegetarian food in Peru, and harder to find GOOD vegetarian!

Prasada was hands down the BEST food we'd eaten on our trip. After finding them, I think I retured once a day to enjoy their food and their friendliness. They always greeted everyone with a smile.

I simply cannot say enough good things about this restaurant.

Try the falafel tacos, or the mexican burger - both exceptionally delicious. Do not pass up on the freshly blended juices, which are served in enormous beer glasses.

Wish we had a Prasada in Toronto!

Pros: Fantastic staff/owners, Incredible food, Great value

Great Little Hole-in-the-Wall Joint - Edit

After 8 days of running around Peru and having limited vegan food options in mostly rural places, it was wonderful to find Prasada, around the corner from my hotel. The owners are lovely, friendly and can take any of their dishes and make them vegan (essentially, leaving out the cheese.) I went one night for dinner and the next day for a take-away lunch.

For dinner we had their vegan veggie lasagna and it was really good; great cheesey-texture but without any cheese or mock-cheese. We also had their Fallafel Taco. I felt that the Fallafel balls were a bit over-fried and too hard on the outside but the overall flavor was lovely and went very well with the "salad" options in the taco. Their freshly squeeze juices were great. My husband had the "Naranja" (orange juice) and I had the "Maracunya" (Passionfruit). For dessert, we tried the almond cookies which were great. All of this, combined, cost 24 Sols, which is about $8 USD. $8 for an ENTIRE, large, meal for 2 adults. Amazing.

The next day, we returned for a take-out lunch; My husband did the Fallafel sandwich this time, since he enjoyed it so much as a taco the night before and he was equally pleased. I tried the "Mexican Hamburger" which was a a lentil-burger with avocado, tomato, lettuces and served with Chinese-style crunchy noodles. Very tasty. For dessert, I tried the vegan Hallava. This tasted less like traditional Hallava which, for me, is a good thing. The crushed dates, sesame, coconut, almost and citrus rind made a delightful, palate-cleansing finale to a lovely afternoon lunch. This cost 12 Soles, which is about $4 USD. Again, amazingly inexpensive.

The restaurant is located at the address listed here on Happy Cow, though don't use the "Map" function, as it's off, by a few blocks. Just follow the numbers and you'll see it, just next to the larger "Chocolate" sign, two doors down (which, by the way, does have a FEW vegan-chocolate options worth checking out.)

I really enjoyed Prasada, as much for it's no-frills, eating-in-an-alleyway, down-to-earth vibe and the lovely, friendly owners/staff, as I did the delicious, vegan food. It's a "be sure to not miss it" place in the heart of Cusco.

Pros: Delicious, Inexpensive, Vegan-friendly

Hidden jewel - Edit

Prasada is a wonderful small vegie food place, with creative, good looking, good tasting food. Try the falafel taco or the lasagna. A definite go in Cusco!

Pros: Good food, Great service

Cons: Limited seats, Outside

Favorite little Vegan place in Cusco!! - Edit

Wow, food is amazing at Prasada!! Gina, one of the owners is an absolute sweetheart... you can feel and taste the care and love that goes into the food. Sure, the little alley way may not be the spacious fine cuisine atmosphere yet this was my absolute favorite spot to eat at... and being surrounded by yoga posters and love made it only that much more welcoming! Only purified water was used for cleaning all veggies! Thanks Gina, you're fabulous!!

Pros: exquisite food, super friendly folk, inexpensive

tasty takeout window - Edit

While on our trip in Peru, we ate dinner at Prasada one night and were quite pleased. The guy spoke English and was super nice, so it was easy to modify any menu items to vegan (he even noted he needs to add more vegan items!). We each got a papaya juice and shared the margarita pizza, the mediterranean pizza and the hamburger sandwich (all with no cheese). It was all flavorful and filled us up. We sat outside the service window on some stools and enjoyed the evening. Check it out if you are in Cusco.

Pros: good price, friendly place, will modify to vegan

Cons: more veggie than vegan

absolutely DELICIOUS - Edit

Almost missed this place, but I'm so glad I didn't.

Ate the tacos without cheese two lunches in a row... my husband had falafel which he said was DELICIOUS. The first day, there were no vegan desserts, but the H had alfajores that he said were awesome. The next day, they had VEGAN cake. So good. seriously.

It's a couple of doors down from the chocolate place you see on several tourist maps.

Not sure why it says that the price is moderate.... should say INEXPENSIVE. We paid less than 15 soles (about $5 USD) for a large jugo mixto (juice), dos tacos vegetarianos, un sandwich, y una torta vegana (vegan cake). One of the cheapest places we ate at the whole time... and we ate at a lot of restaurants in Cusco. Don't miss this place.

Pros: not expensive at all, served VERY quickly, friendly

Cons: not a lot of seating

Fair, honest and awesome food - Edit

I've been hanging out in Cusco for a few daysand have been back to this place at least 3 times. The food is excellent, it is very fairly priced (as most of cusco is overpriced by far)and they speak English excellently, which is great for me as my Spanish is rubbish. They often made stuff off themenu or modified dishes to suit me.

Pros: Awesome food, Cheap, Speak English

Return to Cusco Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Prasada closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3360 times since Nov 2009.