Prasad - Pearl District

Contact 503-224-3993

925 NW Davis St (at Pearl District), Portland, Oregon, USA, 97209

Prasad shares a space with Yoga in the Pearl studio. Serves vegetarian and vegan food that's primarily gluten free with many raw options. Baked goods are vegan. Uses honey and bee pollen. Open Mon-Fri 7:30am-8:00pm, Sat-Sun 9:00am-8:00pm.

Category: American, Organic, Raw, Juice bar

First Review by CLRtraveller

One of my favorites - Edit

One of the best vegan places in Portland. It's inside a yoga studio. You order at the counter then they bring you your food. Everything I have had is delicious. Wish they had a restaurant in mcminnville. :)

good food, but not fully vegan? - Edit

The food was delicious and filling!! However they aren't fully vegan, there's eggs and bee pollen on the menu? Heaps of options with neither of these but just was surprised

healthy vegan food - Edit

This vegan restaurant shares a space with a yoga studio and is very open and nicely decorated with indoor and outdoor seating. I ordered a smoothie with banana, pineapple, marionberry, etc and a dragon bowl. The food took very long which may have been due to a full restaurant so maybe it is not always like that. The bowl I got had brown rice, beans, seaweed, kimchi, steamed greens, and miso sesame dressing. The food was delicious and healthy but a little overpriced.

Tasty, Healthy Food - Edit

I really love that Prasad is located in the Yoga Pearl Studio in the Pearl District. It's so nice to take a class and grab a juice or a delicious meal. Both times I have been it has been busy but I could find a seat, and I like the atmosphere of the studio and cafe. Most recently I had the Dragon bowl (rice, veggies, sea vegetables, tahini miso sauce, beans) and it is very good and the portion size is large. The menu is predominately vegan. The breakfast menu looks very good, so I will make a point to check that out the next time I'm in Portland.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Tasty healthy food

Yum, but be prepared to wait - Edit

I got the Buddha bowl from here and it was great, as well as the atmosphere. It shares a building with a yoga studio, so seating is a little crammed. You'll also be waiting for a bit if you come during a busy time. But it's worth it. Yummy smoothies too!!

Pros: great food , atmosphere

Cons: parking , seating

Super Delicious Super Food!! - Edit

I loved it!! the breakfast scramble...I think I got the BBQ one or chile one, was just amazing. It was the one that wasn't the basic one. Mine had more bang in the taste. In either case, I just loved my tea, the banana bread and scramble! This is actually mostly all vegan. They say that they sometimes use honey, but all the baked goods were vegan on that day. I asked what wasn't vegan on the menu that day, but they said it was all vegan, so it's really more vegan than just vegetarian. Loved the chilled out vibe and wooden ambiance. Totally awesome that they had filtered water there. Super nice people too!

Pros: Casual, Healthy

Nice Vegan Choise - HEALTHY too! - Edit

Kaelen/Sahai was very quick to assist my first trip to restaurant and staff is amazingly smiley, friendly and helpful. Food was fresh, seems organic and tasty beside being good to body-soul. Four of us being new ordered different bowls and really had a great dinner (and spend 2 hours sitting and chatting in this high energy environment). I am definitely coming back for more.

Pros: Amazing Friendly Smiley Staff, Great Tasty & Health Food, High Energy Environment/vibes

delicious nutritious and FILLING - Edit

We traveled to Portland this past July for a conference, and after sucking our of a presentation found we were in walking distance of Prasad. He had the blue cornmeal waffle, I had smoky tempeh scramble with black bean chili. Oh man- we could have split one entree, easily. It was SO good!!!

Overhyped, overpriced, overused - Edit

This place isn't really expensive, but what they are serving you could be made at home for less than a dollar and they are charging 9 bucks. One might also say it is on the bland side and that the portions are small. Additionally, they often have a long line and little seating. If you are reading this review, you are probably visiting from out of town, and thus I recommend you eat at a food cart or do yourself a huge favor and explore the Eastside.

All organic food, juices & smoothies. Has wifi - Edit

This place makes high quality, organic food and juices. There are many raw choices and cooked vegan as well. I have had their warm bowls which are pretty delicious! There is always a choice of either a raw or cooked soup. The parking is the only "con" really. Oh I guess I should add it's often very crowded. Most people working there have been friendly towards me-except there was one gal a while back I felt seemed like she had an "attitude". Wifi is free and accessible.

Updated from previous review on Wednesday February 13, 2013

Pros: organic, all vegan, raw and cooked

Cons: parking, crowded

Delish! - Edit

I had the opportunity to visit prasad earlier this month during a visit to beautiful portland. My dish, the brahma bowl was very tasty and nourishing. Just perfect. And while i had the opportunity, i also had to try one of their smoothies. I chose the retrospection for its combination of ingredients with mint. Yum. Both my lunch and dessert kept me going all day. I also loved the bright and open space and the fact that it is shared with a yoga studio. Nourishment all the way around!

Pros: friendly staff, wholesome food, good price

Cons: too far from philly

Perfect for the health-conscious - Edit

This is my kind of eating: lots of veggies, legumes, whole grains, and healthy fats. Minimal cooking, natural and simple. As plain as this might sound, I had lunch here twice during my short stay in Portland and enjoyed it both times. The food was well seasoned and tasted great. Granted, it wasn't anything that I couldn't construct in my own kitchen. I actually see it more as a place for travelers like me who don't have access to one but still want to stick to their eating routine while on the road. The downtown location is an added bonus.

That said, it's a small space with very limited seating, which could be a bit of a problem during busy lunch hours. Order line could get long, so could the wait time for your food (I waited 30 minutes for mine on my second visit). So, try to avoid the crowd and enjoy!

Pros: good & healthy food, location

Cons: limited seating, could be slow

Cute place - Edit

I was surprised by the small size of Prasad, especially after how much I heard about it. It was really quaint inside, with long wooden tables for everyone to have room to sit without feeling crowded in the small space. I wasn't very hungry, but my husband ordered their Dragon Bowl & when it came, I ended up eating half of it! It was delicious!

Pros: great food, cozy atmosphere

Great place - Edit

Not much seating here, as it is literally nestled next to a yoga studio. However, some of the meals were really good. I really liked the soul salad. The noodle dish with the peanut sauce a bit lackluster (and not too many veggies) and I wasn't that impressed with the dragon bowl (although I had it as leftovers). Their homemade chai latte was very good, though. They also sell chocolate truffles which were very good and very rich.

Cons: limited seating

Return to Portland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Prasad - Pearl District closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.