Prana Health Food and Restaurant

• Vegetarian
Contact 305-594-6966

7293 NW 36th St, Miami, Florida, USA, 33166

Deli and market. This small health food store is located in a strip-mall on 36th Street, just east of 826, and offers natural juices and a daily buffet for $10 featuring a variety of vegetarian hot and cold foods, such as lasagna, yuca, quinoa, tofu scramble, lentil soup, a mixed green salad, and other vegetarian items. Stocks books, incense, and products for sale.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by pupa

Not Good at all... - Edit

It's strange that I read good reviews for this place. I'm wondering if they've actually had good vegan or vegetarian food. Miami doesn't have a lot of options for vegan restaurants. This place in particular is dark and looks kind of dirty. The buffet is about 6 selections and some are redundant. It's a bit small and to top it off the food was cold. I ended up taking my tray back and asking to pay at that point. Luckily, they didn't charge me but it clearly was bad food. Go somewhere else!

Pros: none!

Cons: dirty, cold food, no real options

10$ vegan buffet! - Edit

extremely satisfied with this place!! 10$ for unlimited food, they had around 8-10 different vegan options and 2 vegetarian options, staff was helpful and kind. everything tasted amazing and was full of flavor and deliciousness. also, great smoothies! I will definitely be going again & again since it's very near me.

OMnomnomnomnom - Edit

The food was wholistically delicious! I had the eggplant lasagna (which blew my mind all the way to cloud 9), stuffed green pepper, tofu with veggies, and boiled veggies in some brown sauce. WOW! $9, ate like a piglet, and I don't feel grossly stuffed or weighed down with grease. This is officially my go-to place whenever I don't bring lunch from home. I didn't have a chance to soak in the atmosphere, but I was completely charmed with the Indian decorations and songs in the background. I highly recommend the place. :D

Pros: Close to work, Fairly priced, Atmosphere

Cons: Styrofoam plates, Hidden in a corner of the plaza

Hidden vegan/vegetarian lunch spot - Edit

I found this place on Happy Cow and went there for lunch during a business trip. The dining area is nothing special but the food is great! The ladies behind the counter are exceptionally nice and friendly. Lunch was a buffet of several soups, salads and main dishes. You get one plate and can load it up. I give high marks for the food, but I'm taking off one star for the plastic silverware and styrofoam take-out containers.

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff, Nice staff

Cons: Decor isn't impressive, plastic spoons and forks

Tasty & healthy -- fast! - Edit

About 6-7 vegan and vegetarian entrees and 2 soups were offered buffet style. Some dishes had textured vegetable protein (TVP), chewy seitan (wheat gluten), or crunchy fried tofu; some had vegetables only. All were seasoned well, some mild, some spicy; none were over-salted, a pet peeve of mine. Though not labeled, the staff happily described the dishes and insisted I try a few samples. Juice bar, health drinks, and shakes (spirulina, banana, etc.). Fixed price of $9, what a bargain!

I eat here when in town for my wife's business conference at the Doral Golf Resort & Spa (no vegan options there!).

Pros: variety, fast, inexpensive

Fabulous Food Friendly atmosphere - Edit

I first visited Prana because I found it on Happy Cow. I have been coming here for about a year. The food is always good with vegan options that vary. I have also made it the place where I shop for my vitamins and food products that are hard to find anywhere else in the area. The staff is very friendly.

Pros: food, discounted vitamins, clean

Cons: music sometimes

not a place for a date, but for a delicious meal - Edit

Defenately religious orientated! all the posters, books( most of them in Spanish) and the music! And as a contrast one can find mostly plasic jars of pills( vitamins, suplaments, proteins,etc.) on the shelfs! An atmosphere that is not making my mouth salivate! But then the music kinda grows on you, it is soothing, and yet passionate! You go to the counter and there is a small warm food station with about 10 choises! I'm already very scaptical, but it's pouring rain outside and i drove 10 miles just to find the place, so we give it a shot! the buffet it $8! very reasonable! the lady guides you through the selections very profoundly, and i try about 5 of them on one plate. Then it all comes togather! the music is still playing and i'm diggin' it even more, and the food is fenomenal! The quinua soup absolutely overwelm me! not to mention , how many places actually serve quinua soup, slightly creamy texture from the sprouted grain with it's pronounsed flavor and fined chopped vegetables to hit the taste buds! not overly seasoned, like the rest of the dishes! everything is clean, delightful and simple! i think one curry dish! the scubled tofu was awesome too, so was the basmati rice! there was a few pasta dishes that i ignored, but i'm sure good also if one is in the mood. All that $8 all you can eat! Hard to beat! And not to forget fresh friut juices make infront of you! definately worth the drive! Just ignore the pills on the shelfs! i know they are kinda annoying:)))

Pros: great food

Cons: store atmosphere

Return to Miami Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Prana Health Food and Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4805 times since Aug 2007.