Pou Tai Un

Contact 853-28811038

Estr Lou Lim Leok 2, Taipa Island (at /near Garden of Flower City), Macau, China,

Pou Tai Un (提禪院) is the biggest temple on Taipa Island. With colorful painting & a huge bronze statue of Buddha, the temple has a vegetarian restaurant which uses fresh vegetables grown on the temple grounds. No egg used. Directions: Bus to Regency Hotel from Taipa Village, the temple is directly opposite the hotel, or a 1.5 km walk from Taipa village. Call for hours - tell us.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Buddhist

First Review by JohnnySensible

Just OK - Edit

Unfortunately the menu was only in Chinese so I'm not sure what i may have missed out on but the waitress was able o translate "Eggplant" "tofu" and "wonton" so that's what i got. The food was ok - a little oily and bland.

Cons: Menu is only in Chinese

Photogenic - in a 150+ year old temple - - Edit

Gorgeous temple - bring a camera, bring a camera, bring a camera - I forgot mine on both of my visits as I was in Macau primarily for business!

In my opinion Pou Tai Un is the loveliest temple on Taipa Island - dating back to the mid-1800's - with very fine painted wooden features & finely cast Buddha / Guan Yin statues.

......plus they have a very fine Buddhist veggy restaurant - often using locally grown fresh vegetables in the dishes - super relaxed atmosphere - everything was freshly prepared each time that I visited.

A memorable place.

One staff member was enthusiastic to tell us something of the history of the temple.

Local people visit / come & go continuously.

Some of the mock-meats probably contain whey powder - I stick to veggies & rice dishes

Return to Macau Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pou Tai Un closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.