Potala Tibet

Contact 02-7758860

4F, 32-14, Myeong-dong 2-ga, Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Tibetan and Indian food restaurant with some marked vegetarian offering ("V"): noodle soup, stir fried noodle, stir fried potato, papadam, curry, stir fried rice. Staff speak English. Be sure to ask for no ghee, butter, cream, egg, etc. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Tibetan, Non-veg

First Review by GraceHong

Best Indian food in Seoul - Edit

I love this place! I often make an excuse to come atlease once a month.

Its the only Indian restaurant with such a variety of veg options. Im talking momos, pakoras, soups, dals, curry, rice dishes, noodles, nann, etc... oh and the the BEST, and i mean the best, samosas in Seoul. Deliciously crispy outside and warm savery inside. Oh and big too.. not some whimpy freezer ready samosa like at some other places.

Most other Indian restaurants in Seoul have a very limited vegan menu but this places, while it still serves meat, it also supports a wide range of options for us veggies. I've yet to find another indian place that has vegan momos or vegan nann for that matter.

The people who work there also speak English so if you need to ask questions or communicated anything (Ie. that you want to make a vegetable dish vegan - no cream, butter etc.) they are more then helpful.

Pros: Delicious, Variety, English menu and staff

Cons: A bit on the pricy side (approx. W10,000 a dish)

Look, I wouldn't recommend it - Edit

We went to this Restaurant today for lunch, it's up stairs on one of the alleys in Myeondong. It looked nice when we came in and when we looked at the menu it had a lot of vegetarian options.

We ordered the vegetable momos (dumplings) which were okay, just steamed with some dip. The main we ordered was the Thuk something (I think it was the dish the other reviewer had) It was meant to be noodles with vegetables in a red spicy sauce. The noodles were a mixture of cooked and not cooked - some crunchy. The mixed vegetables was just onion and some mushrooms, and the sauce was bland and not spicy at all. It was cold in some areas and hot in others. To be honest I'm pretty sure it was just chucked in the microwave.

Considering the 2 dishes cost us over 20,000 won, we were super disappointed and ended up getting a second lunch to make up for it.

The staff spoke english and the menu was in english which is good I suppose, but I definitely wouldn't go back again.

Unique and Delicious - Edit

Tibetan foods are totally different than Indians.
My recommendation is Tukba the noodle soup, they have spicy and non spicy version. it's really yummy. their foods are all yummy tho.
Staffs speaks English so please double check for milk, egg, butter etc. as they serve meat, they better get notice and be careful.

Updated from previous review on Friday September 18, 2015

Pros: Taste, Speaks English

Cons: Serve meat

Return to Seoul Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Potala Tibet closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1188 times since Sep 2015.