PositiviTea

Contact 973-239-2020

550 Bloomfield Ave, Verona, New Jersey, USA, 07044

An eclectic vegan cafe and art space specializing in, as the name implies, tea. Other items offered are house-made burgers, poor boys, wraps, desserts, ice cream, and smoothies. Atmosphere is laid back with free Wi-Fi. Since 2013. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-9:00pm, Sat 10:00am-9:00pm, Sun 10:00am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by IggyNunez

good food - Edit

The food was really good here but I was disappointed in the atmosphere. I don't know if it was just the day I went but almost all the tables were dirty and it looked really run down. I was hesitant about ordering, but I'm glad I did because the food ended up being great!

Awesome food! Soft Serve vegan Ice Cream! - Edit

I love their spin on bean burgers and wraps. They have very diverse choices. I also love all their ice cream sundaes I always get a large.

Pros: Awesome food and ice cream!!, Clean establishment and bathroom, Friendly customers and staff!

Cons: Not a lot of seating

Loved it like vegan! - Edit

We brought our Vegan daughter on the recommendation of a friend. She enjoyed being able to have anything on the menu without having to figure out whether it was vegan. I had the Drunkin Chicken, my husband had a Bean Jr, and our daughter had a Quesadilla ATW. Everything was delicious... Really delicious, not delicious for "vegan" food.
We decided to try the ice cream. I was expecting it to be a passable dessert, being the "ice cream snob" that I am. I was shocked, never dreamed "decadent" would come to mind while thinking of a way to describe the flavors. My husband and I had the "All Jersey", and our daughter ordered "Mr Cookie Monster".
The service was very good, very friendly staff. It took a while to get the food, but not ridiculously long. Don't go if you are in a hurry. We will most definitely be back to try more items on the menu! A big thumbs up!!

Pros: Great food, decent portions, Friendly staff, Ridiculously delicious ice cream!

Cons: too far, but worth the trip!

Pretty good - Edit

I've been to this location on several different occasions and it's been consistently good. I've had the big bean burger, several shakes and the nice cream. I cant say it knocked my socks off but there is a comfort food factor there that keeps me going back. The big bean burger has this sauce on it that is delicious and I must have it when I visit home. The shakes are always supper yummy and their breakfast selection is good. I would recommend it for sure.

Pros: All vegan

Cons: Not very well ventilated

vegan burger joint - Edit

This place would probably get more business if it advertised its burgers more than its tea! I shared a double bean burger, or "big wack" which was very tasty. I opted for the chips on the side and they came with a creamy cheese-like sauce. I will be back to try the ice cream as soon as I get a chance.

Positively Awesome! - Edit

Me & my husband went here for the for time. Thank goodness for the HC app because I would have never known they sold vegan food! The food was delicious. I got the Sauce Boss wrap & my husband got the Big Bean Burger which was huge! The food made per order and fresh and delicious. After we ate, we were going to share a Chunky Monkey shake but I was so full, my husband had to drink about 90% of it. Definitely will return!!

Pros: fresh food , everything delicious

Cons: out of most of desserts

Moldy Sandwiches - Edit

Maybe my expectations were too high. I really wanted to like this place, having heard good things from a friend and reading rave reviews online.

My husband ordered the Big Bean Burger with a side of Kale Slaw. I ordered the Mediterranean Burger with a side of Tortilla Chips. My husband also ordered the Drunk' Chickn' Wrap since he was still hungry. We shared a small Ginger Snap Nice Kream (vegan soft serve).

Avocado-type sauce on tortilla chips was very good. Chips were very good - tasted homemade almost. The nice kream was very creamy and tasty and the flavors of the ginger snap sandwich cookies crumbled throughout and the caramel sauce and lemon peel was perfect. The nice kream serving size is large and fair for the price.

My Mediterranean Burger tasted moldy. I could only eat half of the sandwich and gave the rest to my husband (he said it was fine). About three of the bites tasted moldy. I couldn't tell if it was the burger or the bread, but I think it was the burger because when my husband ate the other half, some of the burger pieces fell out on to the chips. I ate the chips and there was a moldy bite in there.

Also, there wasn't much choice. ALL burger sandwiches are made from the same black bean patty. And ALL (except one) of the wrap sandwiches are made from the same chickpea patty. That is it for savory items. Everything else on the menu is sweet.

I was craving vegan soft serve ice cream so my husband and I came back. We both ordered waffles. I got the ones with blueberries. The waffles were pressed flat which I did not like. What is the point then? All the grooves and crispiness get smooshed out. Instead of maple syrup you get agave syrup which doesn't quite taste right. You also get a small dish of vegan soft serve ice cream to eat with your waffles. My teeth are very sensitive so it hurt to eat the two together and I had to eat them separately. The blueberries sprinkled on top were all shriveled and dry (granted it's not blueberry season, so maybe they shouldn't be serving them until it is blueberry season). The apple slices were mealy and had brown spots on them - tasteless. The only good part of the fruit on the plate were the banana slices, which is hard to mess up.

My husband wanted a sandwich later so he ordered one to go. When we got home, I took one bite and in that bite it tasted moldy. Just like the other two sandwiches I had tried the first time we went (my sandwich, and my husband's).

Pros: FRIENDLY

Cons: MOLDY

THE BEST - Edit

Just ate here and had the best meal ever. Every single thing was ON POINT. No...BEYOND POINT.

The quesadillas were so incredible that we ordered another one to go.

The big bean burger was amazing. Double decker?! Hell yes.

I got iced piña colada tea, incredible!!

And to top it all off, they have the best vegan ice cream I have ever had. With chocolate sauce and cookies.

In conclusion, go here. I would drive hours for this place. AMAZING!!!!!

SO worth the trip! - Edit

This is by far my favorite vegan adventure. My fiance and I went here today and it was absolutely delicious! My fiance loves his meat and cheese but he did NOT miss it! We both had Big Wacs, except he had chips and I had kale slaw. Needless to say, we both shared our side choices. Everything was just so good. The tea we got was awesome as well. We ended our meal with some "nice kream" and it was honestly the best vegan ice cream I've ever had.

The staff was courteous, and the overall ambiance was very nice. I absolutely adore this place, and it was well worth the 45 minute trip and parkway tolls.

Seriously, good job. Thank you.

Pros: Food is excellent, Prices are reasonable, Staff is courteous.

Cons: Can be a little crowded

Organic vegan heaven - Edit

Found this place onhappy cow mobile app. Went with fiancé for late lunch. Both had the WAC jr burger. It was a homemade blackbean patty. Delicious! I also had "nice cream" soft serve, the cookie monster cup which was yummy and even the small was a nice amount! Staff was friendly and food came out quickly. Didn't have much of an ambiance just plain but the food was so good it didn't matter. I can't wait to go back!

Pros: food taste, service, quality ingredients

Best Ice Cream ever. - Edit

I only had ice cream there but they are the best non diary ice cream I had ever. I love the fact that they trying to squeeze as much as possible in the cup. Great atmosphere. Will be going back there to try more.

Awesome! - Edit

I went there twice in two weeks while visiting the area. I had the Wac Jr. and the Garden of Vegan with kale slaw. Both were fantastic. I also had a vegan milkshake. I haven't had a "milk" shake in years so I really enjoyed it.
The tea was great too. I had iced piña colata and white pomegranate with mint leaves. I would highly recommend PositiviTea. I wish I lived closer.

Pros: Great food, Cool vibe, Helpful staff

Positively Amazing - Edit

My boyfriend and I went here for Valentine's Day and we were amazed by the service. The staff is small (as the restaurant is small) but they were nothing but nice (and dare I say -- positive). The burgers are advertised as the best veggie burgers in the tri-state, and I can't bring myself to disagree. This was also the first time I've had soft serve ice cream since becoming a vegan, and it was even better than I remembered. We are definitely going back!

Pros: Fantastic Service, Amazing Food, Atmosphere

Go HUNGRY! - Edit

PositiviTea is a hidden gem in the burbs! The restaurant is thoughtfully and creatively painted to take your mind off of the storefront it once was. The decor is casual and the menu is not extensive -- you've got your wraps, your juices and your burgers/sandwiches but the food is SUPER good. Definitely check out the delicious softserve...a very generous portion with lots of toppings. The staff is very friendly.

Pros: Terrific Food, Nice Vibe, Vegan Soft Serve!!

YUM - Edit

You must try this place - vegan or not, the food is delicious!!!! Try the Big Wac! You won't be disappointed! I can't wait to go back and try some ice cream. The only thing I would change is the smoothies.... Mine was very watered down, but still tasty.

Pros: Excellent Food, Nice Vibe, Friendly Staff

Cons: Needs more booths to sit at, Smoothies could be thicker

GREAT FOOD - Edit

Me and my hubby visited this place today and I was very happy with the food. We both Ordered the Big wac Jr and after the first bite I realized I should have ordered the BIG WAC instead of the Jr. It was so good from the first bite to the last bite. The vibe is nice the chef was very nice and friendly. Great customer service. I will be back to this place. It is worth every cent.

Pros: Great food

I'm not vegan AND I LOVED this place!!! - Edit

I've heard of the raw food and the vegan/vegetarian movement but I am not a 100% believer in the whole lifestyle. That being said, my wife wanted to try some of their stuff out because her friends couldn't stop talking about the place.

The moment I walked into the cafe, I was BLOWN AWAY! Seriously, the whole environment is artistically beautiful and the energy was out of this world. On top of that, I tried their "I AM POWERFUL" blend and their BIG WAC and HOLY S**T...it was absolutely delicious. The truth is, I can't really describe how good everything was because you probably won't believe me UNTIL you experience everything for yourself.

I hope they make this into a franchise one day. We need more positive businesses that are more health conscious. OVERALL I give this place a 10 out of 10. You should go see it for yourself and taste the experience :) My wife and I are loyal customers now. Hope to see you there one day!

Pros: FRIENDLY Staff, EXCELLENT FOOD, GREAT atmosphere

Cons: none that I can think of.

Love, love, love PositiviTea - Edit

I absolutely love this place, PositiviTea. I've been here a few times so far and each time was a great experience. This place has a really cool, artsy look to it. They have a lot of paintings by local artists for sale hanging on the wall and the ceiling is actually a painted work of art. The place has a very open set up so you can see your food and drink prepared behind the counter. I haven't tried everything on the menu (yet) but so far all things I've tried, I've enjoyed. The burgers, wraps and salads are delicious. Even non-vegans/non-vegetarians that have come along with me have enjoyed the food. The raw desserts here are wonderful too. They have different pies and tarts, a treat called 'puffle' stuffed with fresh fruit and vegan soft serve ice cream (!!!). My personal faves so far are the big wac burger, picnic wrap & ginger snap ice cream but really everything I've had here so far has been excellent. The best part about this place is that everything is vegan, organic and non-GMO. I highly recommend PositiviTea, it's my favorite place to eat in Jersey.

Pros: Excellent food/drinks, Decor & atmosphere, Free wifi

I love the energy and food in this palce - Edit

I love the energy from PositiviTea. Chef Abe is AMAZING!!. And the great food!!!!!!! every time im feeling down or during work break i come to PositiviTea, and i leave feeling sooooo much better and healthier...Thank you for having me!!!!!

Pros: Food, Great Energy, Amazing Tea's

Cons: not open 24 hrs

Return to Verona Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has PositiviTea closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4389 times since Oct 2013.