First Review by Vegan4Life26

Great selection of items - Edit

Came in here recently looking for a toothpaste not containing animal ingredients that was also not tested on animals and was able to find it right away.

The store is laid out well and the staff is very friendly.

Extra plus, they have a nice selection of beautiful, unique cards.

Plenty of vegan-friendly products available.

Love This Place! - Edit

Both my mother and I buy a large amount of our organic produce here. The health food store itself is very well stocked, with packaged items as well as things in bulk like grains, nuts, seeds, dried fruit, herbs, spices, and loose-leaf teas.
The fresh salad bar and little kitchen/bakery in the back of the store always has amazingly delicious made to order wraps/sandwiches/smoothies/juices/etc, already prepared vegan and vegetarian food, soups, and freshly baked goods that are always gluten free and vegan.
Sometimes they will have unsweetened varieties (that are instead sweetened with fruit) of muffins and scones - those are my favorite and the ingredients are impeccably clean and healthy - the ingredients of every item is listed right next to it so you can see for yourself!
Every day there's a large variety of things to choose from, the staff is always helpful and friendly, and I'm never disappointed. I'd strongly recommend anyone in the Portsmouth area to stop by here if they get the chance!

Pros: Friendly staff, Amazing food, Large variety of items

Cons: Somewhat pricey, but worth it

Great Little Kitchen - Edit

Stopped in here on my last day in Portsmouth. I Had a kale and pineapple smoothie which was excellent. Great service and fresh ingredients. Would love to go back one day and try the sandwiches.

The store is well stocked, though I didn't do much shopping.

Pros: Good Food

Well Stocked - Edit

This is a well stocked health food store. For example they had about 10 varieties of miso and I didn't count how many non dairy Ice creams. Also, they carry the new "Beyond Meat Chicken Strips", the plant based chicken substitute that has gotten a lot of press lately.

Sandwiches made to order and yummy desserts are a big plus. Sandwiches can be made with dairy or soy cheese, a vegan plus.

Pros: Large variety of products, Sandwich shop in back., Parking in back, albeit metered.

Delicious sandwiches!! A must eat in Portsmouth! - Edit

I love this little market!! The staff is very friendly and helpful; they gave us some great tips on places to visit in the area. They have a great selection of food, snacks, drinks and beauty products. Most importantly they make the best Vegan Reuben Sandwich I have ever devoured. It was so tasty I had one for lunch and one for dinner. Seriously, I want leave my husband and run away to Portsmouth so I can be with this sandwich every day for ever and ever.

Pros: Awesome sandwiches , Friendly staff , Great selection

Decent store - Edit

Stumbled upon this store while walking in downtown. The little cafe in the back was closed by the time we got there and only had some pre-packaged salads and sandwiches available for purchase (which didn't look too exciting). That said, I was able to find a few products that I'd been looking for high and low despite the seemingly high prices. I also liked that they extended their bulk section to spices too, not just the usual grain/nut/seed fare. Worth checking out if you are in town.

Pros: rare items, location

Cons: prices a bit high

The Best Vegan Brownies! - Edit

They have really good vegan brownies in the back at the little cafe. There 2.25 +tax but they are worth it. Lots of other vegan stuff too.

Pros: healthy, great brownies, vegan options

Cons: pricy, limited workers, long wait

Return to Portsmouth Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Portsmouth Health Foods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1837 times since Aug 2007.