Portland Pie Co.

51 York St, Portland, Maine, USA, 04101

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pizza and sandwich restaurant with several locations. Has vegan cheese as add-on to create your own pizza or substitute on a veggie pizza from the menu. Open Mon-Wed 11:00am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-12:00am, Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, American, Pizza, Italian, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by KristenMorgan

Vegan pizza options but be careful with toppings - Edit

I was really happy to finally get a vegan pizza in our area. We went several times, and each time I confirmed the dough was vegan, etc. What I didn’t think to confirm were the toppings, specifically the caramelized onions, which are cooked in butter rather than oil. A waitress finally mentioned this to me on our 5th or 6th visit. I was very discouraged it took someone that long to either be knowledgeable enough or careful enough to mention this to me. I believe they just didn’t know.

I’m still giving it four stars because the pizza is otherwise good. We haven’t been back, but probably will soon. We like the atmosphere, the staff is otherwise friendly and accommodating, and the man we assume is the manager runs his butt off to make sure everyone (including me, following this revelation) is happy.

Great vegan pie - Edit

We ordered delivery to South Portland; it came even faster than expected. Delicious crust, tasty toppings, and nice side salad. Would definitely recommend and order again!

Pros: Vegan cheez, tons of veggie toppings

Return to Portland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Portland Pie Co. closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.