CLOSED: Port Authority Cafe

Contact 603-283-5024

12 Gilbo Ave, Keene, New Hampshire, USA, 03431

Serves meat, vegan options available. A small cafe with several vegan options. All food is prepared by the vegan owner whom is converting the cafe to all vegan. Please check with them to find out when it will be all vegan. JUNE 2014 REPORTED SHUT, WEB NO LONGER.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Japanese, Non-veg

First Review by RichBeBe

Vegetarian Chef - Edit

The menu at Port Authority is half vegetarian/vegan and half carnivore. The chef, who is usually a pretty pleasant guy, is a vegetarian. The veg offerings are eclectic, international, and usually very good. He changes the menu pretty often too, so you can try new things. I have sometimes had meals that haven't been that good for me, as I don't like spicy food, but others have been very good. Read the menu and order carefully. I do recommend the veggie Reuben. We eat there about once per month.

Pros: Ever changing menu, Very different food, Usually good

Cons: Sometimes not good!, Small with not much atmosphere

Enjoyed two good sandwiches - Edit

On a rock climbing road trip we stopped in for a sandwich or two. We had our dog so we ordered to go and they seemed to be hesitant and weird about "to go" orders but they were accommodating. The women who took our order was likely new and had some weird habits and requests but was nice and offered the dog some water.
The sandwiches were good we had the Gochujang Mushroom Sandwich which my friend loved and I thought was OK and the "No Name Sandwich" which I loved and she thought it was OK.
I got a good laugh over the Gochujang saying it was inspired by The Cinnamon Snail and would go back.

Pros: Good options, Fair prices, Nice Space

Return to Keene Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Port Authority Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 853 times since Feb 2012.