Por Siempre Vegana Taqueria - Food Stall

Contact 55-39237976

Manzanillo y Chiapas (at Roma Norte), Mexico City, Mexico, 06700

Vegan taco stand on the corner of Manzanillo and Chiapas, outside of a Chinese restaurant. Sells tacos with soy meat and soy cheese, and desserts like cupcakes and tiramisu. No seating. Mon-Sat 6:30pm-12:00am

Category: Vegan, Fast food, Mexican, Take-out only

First Review by Emilia el gato

True Mexican Taqueria Experience, Veganized. - Edit

Loved this place so much. They had all of the tacos that I had seen across the city, only veganized. Great for experiencing all of the traditional flavours, without the cruelty. Fantastic salsa bar as well.

Pros: Authentic , Great salsa bar, Friendly staff

Cons: No seating

You can't leave CDMX without trying this place - Edit

Authentic tacos right over here. The food is just delicious! Every taco and torta I tried was excepcional. This is right now one of my favorite places to eat EVER.

Prices are really really cheap, and the staff are real great and young people with a nice taste in music.

Lo mejor de México!

Pros: Delicious food, authentic flavor, Very cheap, Clean

the authentic street taco experience - Edit

It is funny and interesting to watch random passerbys stopping by to order tacos not having a clue that this is a vegan place. The stand itself, the grill, the salsas and even the "meat" looks exactly as any other street food stand.

All tacos are great, but make sure to try one Big Bebe (my favorite).

Gets really crowded during the weekends. Unfortunately this usually means that they don't warm the tortillas properly as they're in a hurry to serve everyone.

Pros: authentic street stand, friendly staff, inexpensive

Cons: cold tortillas when busy

Good experience - Edit

We went here on our first night in DF - my wife had been wanting to try street tacos for a long time but being vegan they can be hard to come by.

Siempre Vegana was a good choice - several different options - plus a good selection of pastries for desert.

I had the Al Pastor and the Chorizo, the latter was a bit underseasoned (even with adding some help yourself toppings), but the Al Pastor was awesome!

My wife had something with mushrooms and some other veggies and it was good.

The drink was a watermelon/strawberry water and it was tasty. For desert we had a lemon custard-type cake - also quite good.

About $5 US for a few tacos, piece of cake and two drinks - can't be beat!

Also the girl working the register spoke enough English to get through the transaction - which was good for us being our first night in DF.

Pros: Price, General quality, Location

Killer tacos & toppings - Edit

I think the other reviewers have done a pretty good job nailing this place. We were taken here our first night in town and were blown away. I could finally eat tacos al pastor! Everything was awesome and the toppings (taco stands in Mexico almost always have some form of toppings like salsa and other stuff to put on) were great! They also have bottomless aguas de sabor.

The place is crowded and the flower boxes and steps fill up, but that's part of the taco stand experience.

Unbelievable! - Edit

After reading the last review I has fobbed of going here. However, after a pretty meh day, I accidently stumbled across this place... Loads of people crowded around a completely vegan taco stand... I'll be honest, I never really indulge in street food while traveling because of hygiene issues/fear of getting gastro and it ruining my trip but the turn over at this place was enough to allow me to try it. And I was not disappointed! My husband and I ordered 4 tacos with varying soy meats. I don't really like soy meats and often find them difficult to even consume conceptually... However I had a tiny bit of the chorizo and it was amazing! All the ingredients was prepared right there I front of me with fresh delicious ingredients. They also had a "help yourself to as much guacamole, chilli, sauces, flavored cooked potatoes, jalapeños and black beans" area too!!! My husband and I had been feeling like wed been kinda missing out on the street food culture of amazing mexican food... But this place fixed that... And the fact that it was crowded with customers is a testimony to the quality it delivers. It was simply delicious with helpful staff that understood I spoke next to no Spanish. We finished our meal with a slice of a vegan cheese cake which was really nice... Total cost for everything... 80pesos... Dirt cheap for the best mexican I've had here!

Pros: Delicious, Cheap cheap cheap, Street food experience

Satisfied? - Edit

Honestly, it could be better. I was very excited after reading the reviews but didn't expect an outdoor stand, crowded with people. The food was just okay, I'm not a fan of oily fake vegan meats with spongy texture. It just wasn't believable but it wasn't bad either and tasted very typical.

Pros: Price, Typical food

Cons: Design (outdoor stand, no seating), Not a lot to choose from, Fake, spongy, soy meats

Best place in Mexico City - Edit

If you are in Mexico City, just go for their amazing tacos. Simple, tasty and very very cheap, plus friendly staff.
Only downside is that it opens just in the evenings.

Pros: Best tacos, Inexpensive, Friendly staff

Cons: Closed for lunchtime

If you think about mexico city gastronomy,you think about tacos!
And if you are vegan, this is the best opcion in town!with excelent price and flavor,you will enjoy the expierence of eating mexican tacos.
one of my favorite places to eat, also the water and the desserts are fantastic!

Pros: great flavor, fair price, good atention

Cons: they take to long to give you your food, they need to get bigger, or open another place

Fantastic tacos!!!! - Edit

This is such a great place - a vegan street food taco stand!!! I had 4 different vegan meat tacos with cheese (there are two types, soy and nut cheeses), I had the soy and it was yum! I ordered all my tacos at once as we went on a Saturday night and it was heaving (good to see!) I didn't manage to get cake, but I am going to go earlier next time and try them out!

Pros: Excellent food, Great selection, Great vibe

Cons: No seating

Best vegan spot in Mexico City- EASILY! - Edit

Oh man, this place was such a bright spot traveling as a vegan in Mexico! The place itself is super cute, with equally cute staff. I had the "jamaica" to drink and it was the best I have ever had in this country. The tacos themselves were a godsend after eating so much packaged food and being hungry and cranky in meat-y Mexico. The others have explained it, but I want to say that it makes sense to take the metrobus after getting to the closest metro stop, and it is outside a Japanese (NOT Chinese) restaurant. You will see the people crowded around it, and the tiramisu is one of the best vegan desserts I have ever had. Such an amazing experience!

Pros: awesome FB page, great graphic design, amazing desserts, the price is right

Cons: a little hard to find at first, nowhere to sit , good enough to be a real restaurant

Muy delicioso - Edit

This place was so exciting to find and patronize that we ended up coming back a second night. Very limited menu, 6 different taco selections and several desserts (which sell out if you don't get there early!) Virtually no seating, stand around and find little "nooks" on the street. Staff understood English. Order a couple tacos, go eat, then order some more -- pay at the end. Get there right at 6:30 because the locals swarm this place. Really great food!

Pros: Loved the food, Great desserts, Fun vibe

Cons: Annoyingly limited hours, No seating, Cash only

Muy, muy rico! - Edit

Por Siempre Vegana Taqueria has authentic tacos that are fully vegan and fully awesome. The owners & staff are nice and knowledgeable about food restrictions as they make everything themselves. The taco stand has a huge following and it's fun to hang out in a cool neighborhood with a vegan Taco al Pastor in your hand!

Best vegan venue in Mexico DF! - Edit

This taqueria is a small food truck with very friendly staff serving excellent vegan tacos with mock meat and vegan cheese. You can choose and self serve extra filling and hot sauce.
There is a lot of options, including 2 vegan cheeses.
Just delicious, super fresh and cheap! Desserts, although not Mexican, are also yummy!
No question why is it so busy. Each time there were many people, mostly young locals enjoying this street food.

Pros: fresh food, friendly staff, cheap prices

Cool Vegan Spot in a Vegan Unfriendly City - Edit

This is a small little stand that works limited hours but offers a small assortment of vegan tacos. The staff is very nice and helpful and the food was quite delicious. Most average sized individuals are going to need at least 3 of these but the prices are extremely low. My husband and I ordered 3 tacos each, with soy cheese (which costs more), a cupcake and a tiramisu slice and the whole bill came out to the equivalent of $15.

There was a rather questionable cleaning process involving spraying plates and wiping them down with the same rag, plate after plate, but I think this is fairly standard in Mexico.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Vegan, Price

Nice place - Edit

This was a nice place. It's a bit out of the way. The tacos are small, so be prepared to get at least two. It's reasonably priced.

Not the cleanest of places, the girl was spraying the plates clean with a spray bottle, but not horrible. No place to sit, so be prepared to eat standing.

The girl who was the cashier and took our order was very nice, but nobody there spoke any English. My husband speaks Spanish, but she couldn't explain to him what the foe meats were really besides just saying their names. I'm assuming they were soy meat, tasted that way.

They were good enough for a second trip, BUT when we went back on a Wednesday evening they were closed. No signs, no explanation, so that was pretty frustrating, especially coz this wasn't centrally located.

After that decided to let this place be.

Pros: Decent service, Good food

Cons: No place to sit, Not the cleanest, Unclear hours

Best vegan food in Mexico City! - Edit

Por Siempre is a great spot for vegan tacos in Mexico City, they have three great choices of soy protein and soy cheese. They also have delicious vegan desserts, I had the cupcakes and they were awesome especially the vanilla! They also have great sides including beans, boiled potatoes, cactus and yummy salsas.

Pros: Vegan, Gluten free (90%), Friendly service

The street number is Manzanillo 18. - Edit

The map dont show the correct location. But as it says in the discription of the resturant its in the corner of Manzanillo and Chiapas.

Anyhow about the food. This is the most authentic mexican fast food that I ve tasted in Mexico. Ive been travelling around Mexico for sevral moths now. The staff is very nice and they let you choose what you want to have as topping om your taco.

I allways start with two diffrent tacos and if I'm more hungry I order more. But you get alot of food and its very filling. The cupcakes are awsome like the food. Its a must for ever vegan that is in Mexico DF!

Pros: Vegan, Filling , Sheep

Cons: No seating.

Return to Mexico City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Por Siempre Vegana Taqueria - Food Stall closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5063 times since Mar 2014.