CLOSED: Popular Vegetarian

+852-28571918

Shop A, G/F, 347 Des Voeux West (at Western District), Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong, China

大眾緣素食, at 西環德輔道西347號地下A鋪 , is a vegan food eatery. Nearest MTR - HKU exit B1 or Sai Ying Pun exit B2. DEC 2015 REPORTED SHUT BY COW AMBASSADOR.

Categories: Vegan, Chinese, Take-out, Cantonese

First Review by Stevie

Eating good food with Buddhist mantra - Edit

This is my third time here (twice alone, one with meat-free meetup), and I definitely like the place. Food is good, reasonably priced and staff is nice, what else do you want? The mantra! Yes they gently play Buddhist mantras as background music and I feel like meditating when coming here. The only less enthusiastic point is the room, surely not the best in town, a bit old, would need refurbishment. Lastly, I've just moved in this area so I may come more often.

Pros: good quality food, gently priced , the mantras

Cons: the room

Cheap and good food - Edit

meals from 40 HKD, portions are quite big and the food is delicious. Location is easy to find and only a short tram ride from central.

Took us a while that 'beef' and 'pork' on the menu are tofu and seitan.

The staff speaks little english.

Pros: good value for the money, authentic chinese food

Popular Vegetarian, Hong Kong - Edit

I went along here again today and the waitress twice said that this place is all vegan. Today I had a share of some really nice sea vegetable salad rolls to start, mixed veg and glass noodle soup, xo sauce with crispy batter tofu and for dessert a sweet pumpkin soup with a sesame dumpling.

This all came to 183 hkd. I gave 200 hundred and said, "keep the change'. The waitress put the extra into a charity box which she told me goes to giving lunch boxes to the elderly.

In terms of orientation / transport there's a tram stop just along the street. There's a ton of buses go along this road of course.
Updated from previous review on Sunday August 24, 2014

Pros: All vegan, Tasty food, Tips given to food for the elderly

Return to Hong Kong Island Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Popular Vegetarian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.