Pondicheri

Contact 713-522-2022

2800 Kirby Dr Ste B132, Houston, Texas, USA, 77098

Serves meat, vegan options available. Dishes that are or could be made vegan are marked on the menu, such as the carrot paratha. Choose from entree salads, dal dishes, veg sides, uttapam, roti, paratha, or a pre-selected thali. Has fresh juices. Open Mon-Sun 7:30am-10:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by saveur

YASSS! - Edit

I just tried this place out the other day and I've been dreaming of it ever since. All the vegan options are clearly marked and there are several of them. I felt like the portion sizes were a bit small, but honestly, the food was so hearty and good that the portion size was perfect for me (and my boyfriend). The flavors and spices are just amazing here and your palate will be very happy with you.

I ordered one of the vegan curries with eggplant and it was one of the best dishes I've had in a while. I can't wait to go back.

Pros: Vegan and Vegetarian Clearly Marked, Flavorful Dishes, Overall Great Food

Cons: Slightly Smaller Portions, not bad though

Spicy mostly-fusion Indian - Edit

First of all, most of the dishes are spicy. Not all, but if you have a mild palate, be sure to inquire before you order (fyi, the beet and barley salad is not spicy in the slightest).

This is an omni resto but the vegan options are easily identified. I like the flavourful combinations. Look at their side menu for more options. I really like the uttapam (without greens - they are spicy) and the beet/barley salad. The thalis are a great way to try out different sides. I consider them well-priced for the amount of food you get. The beet/barley salad is a huge entree size.

I like the fresh juices, although they are a small serving (also only $3). The imli drink is also very special, a tamarind-mango drink with a bit of kick!

The place can be very busy and indoors, it can be noisy. The patio is great on a cool day. They only take reservations for parties of 6 or more.

Pros: interesting fusion food, fresh juice

Cons: spicy, noisy, no reservations for smaller parties

Return to Houston Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pondicheri closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.