Polpetta

06-7598323

170 Devon St E, New Plymouth, New Zealand, 4310

Serves meat, vegan options available. Build-your-own meal eatery where you choose the the balls, sauce, and plate. There are two vegan ball options (one made of pumpkin, lentil, coconut, korma, smoked paprika, sesame and one made of kidney bean, coriander jalapeno, cumin); three vegan sauces (pomodoro, chimichurri hummus, luksa soup); and 3 plate options (pasta, seasonal veges, mashed potato). Open Tue-Sat 5:00pm-11:00pm.

Categories: Italian, Western, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by Limatango

Something different.... - Edit

We enjoyed our food here. I had planned to try one each of the vegan balls on offer but the staff said that would have to be two separate mains (!?!) so I just ordered 2 of the Veggie Balls. Those with the Chimichurri Hummus on the potato Mash were my Main.

Not a huge portion but the flavours were great & the quality was very good.

It's a small restaurant & popular so a booking is recommended.

Being small, the tables are tight so when the couple next to us got served a squid dish, the overpowering smell really put me off my meal. I guess this can happen in smaller places that also serve animal products but it's still maybe something to consider. Unfortunately, that tainted the dining experience here for me.

The Apple Crumble dessert I had was very good. Again, good flavours & nicely presented.

It was something different & we enjoyed the food. The staff were friendly & attentive.

Pros: Some interesting options, Custom build your Main dish

Cons: Kind of expensive, Small dining space

Vegan options in an appealing bistro - Edit

Choose one two or three meatballs with a choice of spaghetti or other side plus sauce. At least two vegan choices for each and great vegan desserts.

Pros: Vegan just another option on a mixed menu, Staff knew about ingredients , Delicious food

Cons: Coconut replaces dairy so not a low fat option , Would’ve great to have a wholemealpasta option, Check your vegan dessert is marshmallow free

so good! - Edit

This place never disappoints. There are plenty of delicious vegan entree, main and dessert options, all clearly labeled on the menu and the staff are very friendly and helpful. They do take walk ins if they have a free table but I would recommend booking as they are very popular!

Return to New Plymouth Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Polpetta closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.