Pokeatery

650-389-2672

407 S B St, San Mateo, California, USA, 94401

Serves meat, vegan options available. Casual eatery offering raw fish poke bowls but has a veggie bowl with tofu which is priced lower. Could build-your-own bowl. Most of the ingredients (salads, sauces and toppings) are vegan with a few vegetarian and a few fish-based - ask the staff. Uses compostable packaging. Open Mon-Thu 11:30am-8:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-9:00pm, Sun 11:30am-8:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Fast food, Take-out, Hawaiian, Non-veg

First Review by alexandra_vegan

Good for quick bite - Edit

Was here because couldn't really find a place where a vegan and three omnivores can go together. So, you build your bowl in categories, starting with your carbo, protein, veggies, and the finally toppings and sauce. It is a lot of food for one person but manageable. The Edamame was particularly delicious. Don't forget that they have miso soup behind the register. It is a good addition to the meal.

Fresh - Edit

I ate there once and was happy with the good service and the fresh food.
Very friendly service, they kindly explained me how it works and what vegan options I have.

It was during lunch time and the place was full.

Unfortunately I also chose for my plate some sort of algae salad that was really not to my taste as it tasted too much like fish.
All other food in the plate was good and fresh.

I am a bit squeamish about food hygiene :) And about this place I don't like that they also serve raw fish, and raw flesh can be a health risk.. All the food is on display in the same window, of course separate containers, but there is a risk of contamination.

Pros: Good fast service, Healthy

Cons: Serves fish and fish products :(, Serves raw fish

Return to San Mateo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pokeatery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.