First Review by gr8vegan

Awesome vegan sandwiches - Edit

After going vegan, I waited way too long to check this place out. Now it's a staple in my Indy vegan haunts. They have a great list of vegan sandwiches and always a special vegan sandwich of the week. If you're vegan and you love amazing and creative sandwiches, this is your best bet in Indianapolis. We once had a sandwich that included jalapeño, peanut butter, and a veggie patty. The Rambo with sauerkraut is my favorite on the regular menu. While your sandwich is being crafted, take a look through the store! They sell a bunch of vegan groceries. I would give it 5 stars except Happy Cow won't allow it, as it's not an all-veg place.

Pros: Vegan sandwiches, Creative menu items, Cheap

Plethora of cheap vegan eats - Edit

The lunchtime special is awesome. A sandwich + drink + soup for $6.99. Good stuff. They have several vegan sandwiches and rotating soup options. My only complaint was that the seitan they use was not as good as I expected. Could have had a slightly better texture, in my opinion.

That said, I will gladly come back again and again for this great lunch deal and clearly marked vegan foods.

Pros: Vegan sanwiches, Cheap lunch option

excellent vegan options - Edit

I live this co-op! The volunteers and staff are friendly and very helpful. There are always several vegan options to choose from. It's really hard to decide what to eat. I usually get the discheveled James (tempeh sloppy Joe), tofu veggie wrap and "I pita the fool" (tempeh curry pita) and share with friends. The portions are filling and they offer a lunch deal. I highly suggest going!

Pros: healthy food with several vegan options, friendly, helpful service, community oriented

Fun little Deli inside Pogue's Run Grocery - Edit

In our search for healthy food we found this friendly deli inside Pogue's run grocery store. They have several vegan items on the menu and we went for the veggie wrap and pita, which were both. You order at the small window facing the door and they call your name and you pick up on the other side. You can grab drinks etc and you pay at the register on your way out.

Pros: vegan items, friendly

Return to Indianapolis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pogue's Run Deli closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1863 times since Aug 2012.