Poe Poe

045-971-5784

2-5 Fujigaoka, 1st Floor, Yokohama, Japan, 227-0043

A Hawaiian-inspired restaurant, serving a variety of all natural and organic pancake-themed dishes (including a teriyaki veggie burger with pancakes for a bun), vegan sets, smoothies, juices, and beer & wine. Doesn't use any meat, dairy products, or eggs but does have Manuka honey on the menu. Located just north of Fujigaoka station on the Tokyu Den En Toshi Line. Address in Japanese: 〒227-0043 神奈川県横浜市青葉区藤が丘2-5 マザーズ1F. Note: kitchen may stop serving 30-60 minutes prior to closing, check ahead. Open Mon 11:00am-6:00pm, Thu 11:00am-6:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-8:00pm, Sun 11:00am-6:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Japanese, Raw, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Bakery, Catering, European, Fusion, Honey, Hawaiian

First Review by CoachZac

Delicious! - Edit

English below 👇横浜市青葉区の藤が丘駅近くにある『ポエポエ』はほぼ全てのメニューがヴィーガンです(一部メニューにハチミツを使ったものがあります)。

お店は少し狭いですが居心地のいい雰囲気でお土産コーナーもあります。

今回私たちがいただいたのは、パンケーキバーガーで半信半疑で食べる前は、「パンケーキがバーガーになるのか!?」と思っていましたが、相性はピッタリで普通のハンバーガーのバンズよりも食べ応えがあり、満足感が強かったです。サイドに付いたポテトとスープもとても美味しく、口直しにちょうど良かったです。

また、ドリンクで注文したオーガニックコーヒーもとても美味しく頂けました。

デザートは豆乳アイスを注文。食事の締め括りにふさわしい美味しさでした。

ヴィーガンの方もそうでない方も是非一度食べに行って頂きたいお店です!

Poe Poe is a charming, eclectic cafe located in Fujigaoka, Yokohama. Everything is vegan, aside from some menu items that use honey.

We had the “pancake soy meat burger”— honestly, I wasn’t sure what to expect, but it was fantastic! The pancake gave the burger an interesting texture and it didn’t get soggy like a regular bun would. The fries and soup it came with were also delicious. For dessert we had the soy milk ice cream. SO good.

The staff are very friendly, and there are lots of back issues of Veggy magazine to read while you wait. There’s also a take-out counter, and an organic market located next door. The only thing we didn’t like was how small and close together the tables are. Still, this place is a must-visit!

Pros: Food is fresh and tasty, Pleasant atmosphere

Cons: Tables are verrrry close together

We Love This Place - Edit

I've eaten here quite a few times now and we continue to come back wanting more. I always gets the same thing and my wife usually gets something different. I've always gotten the pancake burger which has some type of soy meat with sauce and cole slaw in between two pancakes. It is surprisingly delicious and consistently good every time.

It is a fairly small operation with a few tables but this is considered pretty normal by Japanese standards. You get your own silverware and bus your own table usually which is something I don't mind at all. Whatever helps to keep costs low. But food can sometimes take awhile if busy. It's worth the wait though. They usually bring out all the food at the same time which is a huge plus for Japan.

The fries are amazing. I usually don't get so hyped about fries, but there is just something about them. They do have a pretty good "ham" tasting wrap on their side menu which I find pretty good. They're desserts could be better, but they are usually around 150-200 yen and worth a try if it's your first time.

The owner is really nice and is a collector of plant based reading material which you can peruse while you wait. The menu has english translation and you order at the counter. If in doubt, just point. A huge plus is that this restaurant is located right next to the train station and an organic market.

Overall great experience and we will be coming back again and again every time I come back to Japan.

Pros: Great Atmosphere, Amazing Food at an affordable price., Owner

Cons: Desserts could be a bit better. , Sometimes out of a menu item that we want., Desserts are usually gone when we get there.

Return to Yokohama Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Poe Poe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.