POCO

15 Main St, Bisbee, Arizona, USA, 85603

Re-opened Oct 2014 after year closure. Serves Mexican-inspired vegan food with an emphasis on local and organic ingredients. Wines on tap, sangria, local beer, and kombucha. The menu includes soup, salad, quesadilla, burritos. Open Fri 11:00am-3:00pm, Sat 11:00am-4:00pm, Sun 11:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Beer/Wine, Mexican

First Review by go happy traveler

Hot dog too hot - Edit

I really wanted to enjoy this food and support a local, or the only local vegan place. I ate their Sonaran dog and my stomach hurt from the spices in the sauce for about 18 hours. I responded to an email they sent me and voiced my complaint. First they offered me a $5 code off a future visit within the next two weeks. Then a second email was sent taking back the code and stating rudely "it seems there's no way to please you". I don't like being insulted.

Pros: Watermelon slices served on the side were tasty, Lovely day for dining outside

Cons: Too was too spicy, Effort to give feedback was met with rudeness, I have to pack my own food for trips to Bisbee

DAAYYYUUM - Edit

So good!

The staff, the food, the atmosphere - everything here is awesome!

I was introduced to what a "Sonoran Dog" is, and ordering anything else here would be pointless.

Go go go go!

Pros: All vegan, Friendly

Cons: It's far from me

SO Good! - Edit

We went down to the odd and adorable little town of Bisbee to check out the scene, but mostly to dine @ POCO! WOW, so delicious. Great atmosphere, owners and employees are wonderful animal advocates. I ordered the Quinoa Bowl with cashew cream, it was huge and really yummy. The Nachos were super good too. My boyfriend got a Black Bean, Chorizo and Potato Burrito, large and spicy! We had a chocolate chipotle cupcake for dessert ;) Wish I could post some photos!
Hope we can make a trip back down again soon...Yay POCO!

Pros: Great Vegan Food, Cool Location, Friendly Staff

Contributions +27

I wish I lived in Bisbee. - Edit

Because if I did I would eat here every single day. Poco made me one of the best vegan meals I've ever had in my life, and I've eaten vegan/raw all over the West Coast. I ordered the seitan tacos and they were an absolute explosion of flavor, fiery and hot and beyond delicious. I nearly licked my fingers, forgetting I was in public, because the food was finger-lickin' good. I also had a squash soup, creamy and elegant, a nice counterpart to my spicy, crunchy tacos. My boyfriend had the not-sausage burrito and he had no qualms about licking his fingers. I wish the drive from Tucson wasn't so far because it's definitely worth every second. Thanks ladies, you rock!

Pros: delicious, spicy, gorgeous presentation

Cons: secluded, far from me

Out of this world! - Edit

We had dinner there last night and was amazed at how great the food was... I ordered the chimichanga, my girlfriend the mexican pizza and our friend the fish tacos. All dishes had a great flavor and we exclaimed how it was the best mexican food that we've ever had. We're vegan, so were surprised when we found out that everything was vegan as I thought it was just vegetarian (I believe it is advertised as such as not to scare too many people away with the other "V" word). Portions were great and the server was very sweet and helpful. We will definitely be heading back there before we head out of town on Sunday for brunch. I so wish there were one of these in Phoenix!!!!

Pros: Amazing Food, Great Atmosphere, Friendly Staff

Y-U-M-M-Y!!! - Edit

We've been living in Cochise COunty for 3 and 1/2 years and this is the first vegan (ok, "purely vegetarian"...) restaurant and it's just wonderful!
Everything that we tried on the menu is delicious, the hybiscus tea is refreshing and the owner Kelly and her staff are so so nice! The desserts are not to be missed (we had a mouthwatering flan and, of course, the vegan mexican chocolate cupcake with butterscotch frosting...) and the atmosphere is just very inviting. They have great music in the background and we want to go back for the Sunday brunch... it is nice not to have to explain what we do and do not eat for a change!!

Pros: Great food , friendly staff, always surprising menu

Cons: I wish they had a bigger place... :)

Food with love - Edit

This is one of those places where you just know someone's soul is a big part of what's making the food. And then when you start chatting with the staff in the open kitchen, you realize you're right. Flavors burst and textures add complexity, and sometimes it even comes deep-fried, like in their totally-unique-yet-totally-satisfying chile rellenos. Sometimes it comes in the form of jackfruit, surprisingly compatible with black beans on corn tortillas. This is a great find, and my husband and I are both glad we did!

Pros: warm atmosphere, good wines by the glass

A must have! - Edit

I have been waiting for a veg restaurant in Bisbee since moving here 2 years ago. The wait was well worth it, the mother load has landed! The food is fabulous, fun, and fresh. The cupcakes have never been better. And don't forget the Bloody Maria if on the menu, you will be upset if you do. If the food and drinks don't woo you (did I mention there is wine on tap?)the friendly staff will. Everyone that works there is super fun. A great place to eat and yummy in the tummy!

Pros: Yummy, Friendly staff, GREAT food

Return to Bisbee Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has POCO closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.