Plevel

Krymska 126/2m (at Praha 10), Prague, Czech Republic, 101 00

Vegan food restaurant est. 2013. Offers western meals like spaghetti, veggie burger, and fries as well fusion food like rice paper rolls, hummus and pita platter. Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Western, Fusion

First Review by kenvegan

Average - Edit

Been there only once, get vegan "svickova", food was good, but nothing extra ordinary, beer was pretty good. Staff were friendly and fast.

Good but expensive - Edit

Nice restaurant even for family events. I went or ordered several times. One time they accidentally deleted my order and when I came inside to pick it up, they didn´t know what I want even though they sent me a confirmation SMS.

The selection of meals is really good. Nice variety of vegan and raw vegan foods; also more cousine types, even two nice varieties of typical Czech food; my parents said they didn´t like those but they also didn´t see Earthlings.

Foods are mostly healthy and taste good but the price should be cheaper, they are not that good. Not so many options in Prague yet so I understand they price accordingly :).

Pros: Very good selection, Nice environment, Nice people

Cons: Priced a category above, Location not the best

Not recommended - Edit

My food was good, but the waitress was impatient and rude to my friend with severe food allergies. I wouldn't expect this from a vegan restaurant, totally ruined my experience :(

Pros: interesting imported soft drinks

Cons: TERRIBLE SERVICE

Really bad!!! - Edit

We have been at Loving hut, Matria, Rawcha, Loveg, mamacoffee and now Plevel. Plevel was really bad compared to those fantastic vegan cafe/restaurants that you can visit in Prague. The food was bad , cold and uncoocked. I also got warm lemonade. Warning: No service.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday November 25, 2014

Pros: none, none, none

Cons: really bad food, unfriendly staff, location

The worst restaurant - Edit

I have a popular vegan food blog and I like to travel around the world trying different vegan restaurants and write about them. Here in Prague we have had so much great vegan food and only positive experiences. Until tonight, when we visited Plevel.
The staff was unfriendly. Not even a smile or a "hello". In Norway that is enough reason to get fired, but obviosly one can treat customers like air here in Prague and get away with it.
The food was terrible. Warm banana lemonade (had they forgot the ice?), cold burger with the worst garbage of a vegan cheese I have ever had, soggy and uncooked turnip fries (which we were not allowed to change for potatoes instead), and the beef stew was even worse. The orange Stuff (pumpkin?) on top tasted nothing at all and the sauce tasted sour and old. I actually got sick just by the smell.
My mother bought a cookie on our way out. That too was awful. My readers will be warned about this place.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday November 25, 2014

Pros: The sausage, which was store bought

Cons: Unfriendly staff, Garbage food, No working lock on the toilet

Definitely worth a visit :) - Edit

You need to know that the place is there, as it is off the centre and off the main road, however not far to walk from metro or tram.
The menu is very interesting - I had raw zucinni spaghetti and I was very happy with it. The food was very tasty, beautifully served, the staff were very friendly and attentive and the overral experience was very good.
Moderate reasonable pricing

Pros: Menu options, Atmosphere, Staff

Mixed feelings - Edit

Mixed feelings from my visit. I took a menu where soup lacked any taste and dhal which tasted superb however at 1pm they ran out of chapatis that should have been the sidedish and replaced them with rice...no harm done was great together just a strange feeling when you get to know this from the waitress. Mixed feeling also about the service, I did not find the waitresses too eager to explain more about the meals when asked which I would expect in a vegan restaurant...

Great, cozy vegan Restaurant - Edit

We absolutely loved the place!
Such a cozy atmosphere with wooden materials and decorations, located in an alternative area of Prague that you should definitely check out if you want to see another side of Prague than the places stuffed with tourists!

The food was delecious and cheap (for tourists)and the staff was so naturally friendly and seemed to be completely relaxed and loving their job:)

Definitely worth a visit!

Pros: Great food, Great atmosphere, Very friendly staff

Cons: The fake meet from soya

Huge burger! - Edit

Very cool place and frindly staff.
The burgers are awesome and also the desserts. Great place to visit in Prague.

Phenomenal Place - Edit

Plevel ("weed" in Czech) is an absolute gem. They have beer on tap, homemade beverages, friendly bilingual staff and recipes that will satiate even the most discerning palate. My friend and I had 2 entrees, 2 beers apiece, and desert for about 20 euros...the prices are fantastic. I will be back as soon as possible!

Burgers! - Edit

We went for burgers but also we took pita with hummus as a starter and oh my, so delicious that I still miss it. Burgers were great, but my bf loved more the tempeh burger than the bean burger which I had, but I might vote for the bean burger. I loove beans. If you like smoked stuff, tempeh burger would probably be your choice.
Desserts were great too, we had pancakes with orange (more like crepes I think) and coconut panna cotta. Both lovely, pan cakes had lots of fruit and panna cotta was made with strawberry and had nice soft coconut flavour.
And also, we took cakes to eat later. The chocolate one was luscious but we weren't fan of the apple cake, maybe it's better for someone who's into little less sugary stuff.

Atmosphere was nice. Friendly staff too.

Price was great compared to the quality but little on the more expensive side compared to the usual in Prague. Still, I would visit again.

Updated from previous review on Tuesday May 20, 2014

Pros: Food, Friendly staff, Atmosphere

Cons: Price

Quickest cafe ever! - Edit

The overiding memory I have of Plevel is the speed with which the food was served! True I was there when it was quiet but my soup arrived within 2 mins of being ordered and my main course immediately that I finished my soup!! Maybe the otherwise friendly waitress wanted me gone asap! Or maybe this is one of the logistical advantages of only serving a simple minimal number of options. Whatever! the food was good, small portions but enough and strangely simple but satisfying. I need to return to try the evening menu but I'm glad I was there when it was quiet as this place in in "Hipster Central" and as it is part bar part cafe I fear it maybe rather less comfortable when busy. Plevel advertises its self on the window as vegetarian but they assured me it is all vegan :) The tea pot was generous but the hemp flour scone cake thing was not very exciting. Still I like that Plevel are doing vegan versions of local recipes. Again this place is not expensive if you judge it by northern european standards

Pros: Good food, Speedy service

Cons: limited menu options, Hipster zone

Perfect but expensive - Edit

Plevel is one of my favourite vegan restaurants in Prague. The food is usually delicious (burgers, pasta, rice, hummus etc.) and the interior is modest but comfy. They also have a lot of raw meals. The speciality of this place is using of wild weeds in salads or side dish (which are edible, but most of the people don't know that). The food is quite expensive but they have also daily luch menu with several optionw which is cheaper. Sometimes they use honey therefore it is not 100% vegan.

Pros: Delicious food, Nice vibe, Non-smoking

Cons: Expensive, Honey

Lovely atmosphere - Edit

This is a new, fully vegan restaurant which although being a bit of a walk from the city centre was worth it in my opinion.

Two starters, two mains, and four drinks came to approx. 18 pounds (and those mains were the most expensive choice on the menu).

We had the soup of the day, which was pumpkin, and cost 45 CZK (strangely unpriced on the menu), followed by the tapas, which is a convenient way of trying all of the starters. Apart from the "sausage" which had a jelly-like texture, we found everything to be delicious - especially the marinated mushrooms, courgette, olives and hummous.

There was a good choice of drinks, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic, and the atmosphere was welcoming; we decided to stay for a drink rather than move to a pub. Even though they officially close at 22.00, the place was over half-full at this time with diners and drinkers.

A minor downside was that the staff were rather unfriendly, and rushed us a bit by bringing the main very close after the starter, but as it was a cold main this wasn't a major problem.

Pros: fully vegan

Cons: location

Excellent dinner with family - Edit

I was there when they had American weekend.

They had special menu and waitress had American-style dress.
I eat Bloody Merry soup and that was the best tomato soup that I have ever had at restaurant.

I was there with my family and we had all burgers. They were all fully vegan and mostly without soya and bean based. The best burgers again! They had even real RAW burger from top down. Very cool idea and tasted excellent and was very filling.

The service was very caring and helpful. They exceeded all of our expectations.

The interior is old-meets-new and they have reused old furniture which I like a lot.

The prices were good specially comparing to the food quality, portion size and service quality.

Highest recommendation, would go there with friends or business partners.

Pros: Tasty food, Excellent service, Cozy interior

Very good. - Edit

I had a great time here. The atmosphere was great, the staff had good English (though I was with Czech friends), the food, for the most part, was really good . The prices were also pretty good. Really enjoyable.

(The only question is if the veganised traditional Czech meal I ate wasn't very well done, or if I just wouldn't like traditional Czech food if I wasn't vegan. So the jury is still out on that one.)

Pros: Good food, Good staff and atmosphere, Good prices

Cons: What the hell is that under the sauce?

Delicious, wholesome breakfast at Plevel - Edit

I just had a delicious, wholesome breakfast at a beautiful new Prague vegan restaurant called Plevel.

This 2 level cafe has a modern-meets-traditional decor and is very cosy. I am sitting at my table using their free wi fi.

Our server was very pleasant and attentive.

I ordered the buckwheat cereal with fruit and a raw blueberry cake. The buckwheat cereal was rich and creamy, and although there was no added sugar, the fruit provided the perfect level of sweetness. The blueberry cake was smooth, tasty, and also beautifully presented with a blanket of fresh blueberries. I am going to have to come back for lunch and dinner to try more of their offerings.

Pros: Food, Service, Decor

Return to Prague Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Plevel closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.