Plevel

Krymska 126/2m (at Praha 10), Prague, Czech Republic, 101 00

Vegan food restaurant est. 2013. Offers western meals like spaghetti, veggie burger, and fries as well fusion food like rice paper rolls, hummus and pita platter. Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Western, Fusion

First Review by kenvegan

Cosy, but food quality varies - Edit

I've visited Plevel so many times and tried different foods, both lunch and dinner. Sometimes the food has been very good, sometimes barely OK. Raw foods and cakes have all been good, but lunch and cooked foods quality seems to vary alot. Service quality allso varies depending on who is on shift.

I still enjoy going there, because it is cosy and open till late and is all vegan.

Delicious!! - Edit

We weren't able to spend long here as it was our last day in Prague, but the food was extremely delicious. We had the vegan headcheese which is one of the best meals I have ever had. The bread was amazing (that was part of the meal) - the chef makes the bread fresh everyday and it is different each time. It was great to be able to eat a vegan version of a traditional food. The staff were also very friendly and helpful, they answered all my questions.

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly, helpful staff (English speaking)

strange - Edit

So our first visit to plevel was at about 4:30 when it was basically empty, the waitress was lovely and the food was even better - all together we tried the black bean pate, burger, butternut risotto, BBQ tofu, Thai curry. Loved it so much that we planned to go back on our last night in Prague but the experience was not the same as the first, it was very busy, our waiter came across very rude, got charged for tap water?!?! Our mains were brought out before we had finished our starters, and the starters were taken away? I felt a bit adventurous and went for the raw burrito and I couldn't eat it at all - no body came to check if everything was okay with are meals, when the waiter collected our plates (and my dinner) he looked angry because I hadn't eaten it. So I have mixed feelings about this place.

great restaurant - Edit

They have a nice selection of traditional menu items and desserts all done vegan. Really enjoyed a mushroom goulash. Friendly people.

Nice location, raw food could be better - Edit

I tried their raw burger and raspberry cake. The raw pumpkin burger was not that special, I had much better ones in other restaurants and the raspberry cake was far too sweet. I think they put too much agave in the cake which made my teeth hurt a bit when eating and very thirsty after. It was quite cool inside, they were not very generous with heating. I saw other customers sitting inside with their jackets, too.

Pros: Special raw options, raw cakes, Beautiful wallpaper

Cons: Cold inside in the winter, raw food just average

great place - Edit

the Thai rice was really delicious. very friendly staff. recommended

Deception - Edit

I have read so many opinions about this place and so my expectations were huge. However it didn't manage to convice me that is the "best vegan in town". We were two, ordered soup, salad, burger and veggie meat.. and the soup was ok, the rest was lacking the flavour. And the fries was very greasy. There are better places in Prague, and much cheaper

Pros: None

Cons: Expensive, Insipid food

Perfect - Edit

Went there two times during our stay in Prague. Everything was amazing: friendly staff, delicious food, cozy atmosphere.

Pros: amazing food, cozy atmosphere, homemade lemonade

super choice! - Edit

We were there for supper and we ordered Robi meat (delicious sauce but portion was too small for me, would be better for a starter), Yellow Curry- dayly speciality (excellent!!!! five stars:) , Burger (super delicious with homemade chips which was fantastic), lemonade and beer and cake (to take away:). Everything was super good and prices are suitable for this quality of food ! We payed around 700czk

Pros: food!, food!, nice staff

Great food, charming place - Edit

Visited Plevel for dinner and sat on the outdoor seating until it started to rain. The neighbourhood seemed quiet and pleasant with Czech Inn Hostel just across the road. As a starter we ordered terrine with spring onions and asparagus, served with homemade foccacia bread. It was delicious! For the main course we had the red lentil burger with roasted eggplant, chili mayo and potato spirals. Very nice, well-balanced flavours. Plevel also has good beer, we were recommended to try Policka 12 unfiltered.

Service was friendly, attentive and we got our food quickly (we were there around 5.30 pm though). The restaurant started to fill up around 7, you can tell that it's a popular place.

We thought the food was tasty and inventive. It's great to find a vegan restaurant where they've really put thought into making the food interesting and special.

We liked Plevel so much we decided to go back but instead tried their second branch in the city on Jindřišská 5. It's situated way into a shopping passage and was virtually empty when we were there, a weekday around 8 pm. We had marinated beetroot with silky tofu, orange and homemade bread which was very nice. Then had the raw lasagna which was okay, not super well presented but filling. The food was as good as the one in Krymska however the atmosphere at Jindrisska was completely different. Fake leather chairs, grey walls with no art on them and not very service-minded staff.

Anyhow I would definitely recommend Plevel at the Krymska address! Great all vegan restaurant with plenty of options.

Pros: Great food, all vegan, Quick and attentive service, Charming and cozy (Krymska)

Cons: Can get a bit noisy - could use textiles, Jindrisska branch could use a revamp, Krymska location is a bit out of the way

Good place good food - Edit

Situated in a very nice neighbourhood of Prague is this small café-like restaurant a great place for some refreshments!

We orderd green tea (which is served in a 1/2 liter jug), a coffee and both a cake. The brownie was a bit banana-ish but tasted good and the other cake we forgot what it was exactly but it was something with a crumble and tasted amazing!

Both waitreses were very nice and contriubuted to the great atmosphere. Would recomend!

Pros: Big serving of tea, Great cakes

My favourite vegan place in Prague - Edit

Awesome creative food, cool cozy location, huge portions, nice staff! So good! Go there!

We're impressed - Edit

We had the tofu pâté and scrambled tofu starters, both were great and the homemade bread that they came with was lovely too.
The veggie burger (with celeriac chips I think?) was excellent. Really well put together.
"cuban tofu" dish was... interesting! We weren't expecting the sliced banana, and the tofu was strangely sweet. Otherwise good though.

We're heading back tomorrow morning to try the gluten free pancakes.

Pros: helpful staff, good beer

Go here, vegan people! - Edit

For a diverse menu and regional dishes, head here and be hungry. I chose a homemade potato gnocchi with cabbage, onion and v-ham, a traditional Slovak dish according to my server. So scrumptious, and how many places can we veg-heads try these traditional foods? The ambience is inviting and the staff are friendly. Prices are good too.

Not my last visit, for sure! - Edit

I heard a lot about this place from my friends who visited Prague and read many recommendations of some foodbloggers who I like. And I am not dissapointed! :) The stuff was very pleasant and fast, so I ordered and then got my food in 10 minutes. The portobello burger with vegetable salad was delicious, the mushroom was pretty well-seasoned and I am suspicious that the bread was home-made...it tasted like that, nice! The beer was OK, the price was little bit high for Czech people who don´t live in Prague, but I´m willing to pay for the food in the restaurants which deserve it. And Plevel is one of them :)

Pros: Appropriate amount of well-seasoned food, nice interior and exterior, reminds me the atmosphere of Berlin :D

Good veganand Raw vegan restaurant - Edit

I visited this cute little homey spot today for lunch, and even though I wasn't exactly overwhelmed, I was still completely satisfied with the service, food and atmosphere :)
I was really pleasently surprised to finally see typical czech foods veganisedy However, I ended up getting a burrito with black bean hummus and guacamole on the side.
It wasn't great in any way, just a pretty boring average burrito with too much rice and almost no hummus and veggies...
But the raw vegan chocolate cupcage i got was OUT IF THIS WORLD. I have no idea what they put in it, but it was incredible...
So that kind of averaged it out for the food.
But the place itself is, as already mentioned above, very cute and homey and the staff are friendly and fun.
The place was actually quite full too, chich was surprising a bit...
But overall I had a pretty great lunch :)
Worth trying :)

Typical Czech meals - vegan style! - Edit

Very nice possibility to get typical Czech cuisine - murder free. A bit expensive but it is Prague..

Pros: Pure vegan

Cons: Price

Amazing vegan restaurant with raw options - Edit

When I finally found this place I was very excited. They have wood sitting in a front of restaurant so I enjoyed my food there. It is close to road but it is not so busy. I had raw spinach soup, raw beetroot burger with raw fries and ketchup and I also took two desserts with me (raw strawberry cheesecake and raw poppy seed cookie). I was very satisfied. The food was very delicious especially raw burger and raw poppy seed cookie. The selection of food is pretty wide. I would definitely visit this place again;))))

Return to Prague Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Plevel closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.