1405 Clay St, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, 45202

Serves meat, vegan options available. Dining room and bar. Offers 4-course set menus with options for vegetarian and pescetarian menus and can also provide vegan if notified in advance. Open Wed-Sat 5:30pm-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by claytoaj

wonderful meal - Edit

Although they don't have any specific vegan options on the menu, they are very knowledgeable and willing to create vegan dishes. The presentation of the meal courses and the flavors were exceptional. It has a funky urban vibe and a very trendy area of Cincinnati, OTR. Was not expecting such a fine dining experience. The menu was well considered and eclectic. You will need reservations. It is not cheap. We will be going back.

Pros: flavors, freshness, service

Cons: maybe out of some people's price range

Vegan tasting menu available - Edit

The owner and staff at Please are happy to work with you on your specific menu; I just let them know my husband and I were vegan upon making the reservation.

The inside of Please looks a bit small, but it didn't feel cramped. It was busy, though, with everyone working on their particular dishes. The staff were happy to answer questions about the food, and we even got a personal briefing with each dish to tell us a bit about it, what was in it, etc.

We ended up having five courses, including dessert, and each one was very interesting and different from the norm. I particularly liked the dessert, which was essentially soft-serve chocolate vegan ice cream sandwiched between two potato chips. It sounds a little strange, but it tasted really nice!

The price was naturally a bit higher than we're used to paying for dinner, but this is not your normal dinner. The dishes are innovative, the staff is knowledgeable, and though the portions seemed small we left full.

If you're looking for a night out with a dining experience that's a little special and different, give Please a try. :)

Pros: Interesting, tasty dishes., Staff knows what "vegan" means., Cooking on display - you can watch preparation.

Cons: A wee bit pricey.

Return to Cincinnati Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Please closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.