CLOSED: Plate

Contact 310-317-6800

22601 Pacific Coast Hwy 103, Malibu, California, USA, 90265

Serves meat, vegan options available. Features natural, organic, and whole food. Menu has meat and fish with several vegetarian choices, a few of which can be made vegan upon request. Has a vegetable salad, quesadilla, a garden burger, a grilled tofu and veggies sandwich, and anther salad option with tofu. Brown rice and steamed organic vegetable available as side orders. Note that the french fries are cooked in the same fryer as meat. Causal dining space with natural lighting and simple, contemporary decor. Located in the same plaza as PC Greens health food store. Confirmed closed on Facebook, May 2016. Open daily.

Category: Lacto, American, Organic, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by smilingveggie

Flavor-less - Edit

I happened to go there twice for lunch within the last two weeks. They have a few vegan options, and their salads are marked as vegetarian so I did not order them. The first time I ordered "create your own vegan gluten free plate", which was very pretty but no flavor. I added all the pico de gallo but it did not help. The second time I ordered the Quinoa Shell Pasta Primavera. Even after adding Cholula and salt it was one of the worst pastas I ever had. There will not be a third time.

Pros: Few options for vegans in Malibu, Nice and friendly place

Cons: No flavor

Decent Choice when in Malibu - Edit

I had read about this place on happycow, and here's my Plate review.

It's a fair option for dining when in this part of Malibu, conveniently located on Pacific Coast Highway.

The restaurant is very comfortable and relaxed. It's clean with simple modern decor. From the menu, my husband and I saw that there were different meats and fish served as well as vegetarian choices (though veg dishes were not labeled as so nor grouped in a separate section). We got to share the vegetable salad (fresh, colorful greens with several strips of grilled veggies), brown rice and steamed veggies (mix of baby carrots, broccoli, cauliflower), mashed potatoes and spinach. Everything tasted clean and pretty simple. Nothing fancy but wholesome enough. The salad was not very filling however.

There is plenty of parking in the shopping plaza lot, and after our meal, we walked next door to Pacific Coast Highway for a soy ice cream treat. Overall, I think this is a decent place to dine when in Malibu. A good place to come with meat eaters since they will have their choices of food. I think the meats they serve are supposed to be local and more more sustainability raised.

Nice lunch - Edit

My boyfriend and i visited Plate for Lunch on Friday afternoon so i can only review based on the lunch menu, which i can assume (and hope) is more limited than the dinner menu.

Our overall experience of the place could have been better; there was nobody present at the resteraunt when we arrived and after waiting five minutes for someone to come to our table we had to shout into the kitchen to be noticed. But after that the service was good and the staff were very pleasant.

There were a few vegetarion options on the menu; a garden burger and some stir-fried vegetables with tofu. I didn't notice anything else. I had the garden burger which was really nice, the salad which came with it was particularly nice. The burger had lots of nice healthy additions too. They also had really nice selection of herbal teas available on the menu

Overall it was nice food and conveniently located in Malibu, but there are much better places for vegetarians to eat. I would still like to return for dinner though to see what their vegetarian dinner selection is like

Pros: Nice food, Food well presented

Cons: Quite pricey, Limited vegetarian lunch options

Return to Malibu Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Plate closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2296 times since May 2010.