American
Beer/Wine
Delivery
Take-out
Mexican

Vegan food hall and market opened Jun 2019 by the Matthew Kenney restaurant group. Bring together multiple restaurant concepts under one roof. Vendors include Double Zero, New Burger, Make Out, Besina and Marketplace. Cuisine ranges from Mexican food to burgers, pizza and Italian food as well as sushi. Three of four venues offer full sit down bars. NOTE: Reviews are for vendors, not all of which are listed individually. Open Mon-Thu 8:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 8:00am-10:30pm, Sun 8:00am-9:00pm.

Venue map for Plant City
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by TroyLake

CatieAnderson

Points +292

26 Feb 2024

Delicious

Went to Double Zero (Italian) and each dish was great. Excited to try the other concepts too. Brunch menus also look great!

Updated from previous review on 2024-02-26

Pros: Lots of options, Great cheeses (macadamia ricotta!!)

woodlewis

Points +441

26 Feb 2024

So many choices!

This vegan food hall is a great find, whether for a quick grab and go, or bringing a big family party to each enjoy lots of different options. I’ve tried about a fourth of the three different menus, and everything has been quite tasty!

Updated from previous review on 2021-10-10

BWhit

Points +101

20 Feb 2024

An all vegan hall!!

We were really excited to visit Plant City and it was pretty awesome. Just to have an all vegan community with multiple restaurant options was pretty awesome. We ate at Newburger & had some of the best cauliwings I ever tasted. We also loved Double Zero’s pasta & pizza. We grabbed some baked goods and all was very, very good.

Pros: All vegan, Nice choices , ALL VEGAN IN ONE SPOT

Cons: Full bakery onsite would be great

RavishingRavenous

Points +1116

19 Feb 2024

Obsessed♡

Had a lovely dinner with my husband and in-laws at Double Zero this weekend. In general Plant City is one of my favorite places to go.

We shared a Ceasar Salad. I ordered the Pesto Pizza, my husband ordered the Eggplant Parm, my mother in law the bolognese, and my father in law the wild mushroom tagliatelle. Everthing was delicious, but always is here! Highly recommend a day visit to Providence, RI just to come here at least once during the trip 🤭 (last time we spent the weekend and come here 3 times).

Obsessed with all Matthew Kenney Cuisine brands, concepts, and collaborations we tried while living in or near NYC, RI and Boston: XYST, Double Zero (Full NYC restaurant, including former location in Boston), Bar Verde, Plant Food Wine, Casse Cou Chocolate, Plant Pub, Sutra, Arata, Pure Food and Wine, besina, and New Burger.

babyyoda1234

Points +209

10 Feb 2024

Multiple restaurants

I will edit this review at some point later to individually review each one in the text below, since these are multiple separate restaurants with different dining areas and menus, as well as a marketplace/grab and go, but they cannot be separated on HappyCow except for one (Besina), apparently because they have the same address/ownership and are all Matthew Kenney concepts. This makes it complicated to review them, but I wrote to HappyCow and haven’t heard back. The individual restaurants are New Burger, Besina, and Double Zero, and Make Out, and there is also 345 speakeasy lounge & mixology cocktail bar, coffee bar, and a marketplace with groceries, other items, and a grab-and-go. I have not even had the chance to eat at/experience all of them yet, unfortunately. However, Plant City in general is an amazing vegan wonderland and the food that I have had is all amazing. It is at the bottom of college hill, right next to the river walk and nearby footbridges to downtown Providence. Definitely recommend coming here even if not from the area. Stayed at a hotel across the footbridge from Plant City and it was perfect.

Double Zero: Italian food, amazing. Had the raw zucchini lasagna and the “Meatballs” for the table dish. Also had the eggplant parm previously at the Boston location of this restaurant (now closed I believe), best eggplant parm ever had.

amanda196

Points +521

28 Jan 2024

Many options

It was great being able to go somewhere and get something from any of the places. I only got a latte from the coffee bar this time, would definitely go again. The brown sugar rosemary latte was not as brown sugar and rosemary as I thought it would be but still good. Baked goods were pretty good too, it was tempting to try all of them.

Updated from previous review on 2024-01-28

Pros: Many options, Interesting vegan foods

elizabetsy

Points +42

21 Jan 2024

Many options!

Dinner at Double Zero was good, but not great. Portions were expensive but generous (no one was able to finish, so we took the leftovers home). The pasta dishes were better than the pizza, which was a bit disappointing, and everything was oversalted. Main courses didn’t arrive together, so some dishes cooled while we waited for everyone to be served. Still, I appreciate being able to order anything on the menu, and will return to try some of the other options.

Pros: All vegan options , Creative dishes , Large drink selection

Cons: Pleasant, but inconsistent service , Very salty food , Extremely loud

ReneeGrudzien

Points +105

14 Jan 2024

Vegan Heaven!

We make excuses to fly across the country to eat here! We have eaten at both restaurants upstairs(Bessina & Double Zero) as well as trying lots of pastries downstairs. Everything was great. I love the Double Zero artichoke dip- could eat it for a meal. The sausage calzone is very authentic. Nachos are excellent. Quesadillas are great. If you’re getting pastry try a pop tart. The ambience upstairs is lovely with a nice view. #Veganuary

Pros: Great food , Great atmosphere , All vegan all the time

Cons: Nonexistent

RamprasadRao

Points +44

28 Dec 2023

Excellent food and ambiance

We went to the Mexican restaurant. The food was fantastic. I had the Tlayuda which was amazing. And for dessert I had the special which was crumble with apples and cranberries and a la mode. Highly recommend. Will be back for sure. Next time it will be the pizza place.

Pros: Food, Ambiance

AnaManzana

Points +274

26 Dec 2023

La pizza 🤌🏽🤤

La Pizza napolitana y las berenjenas son una delicia. El queso ricotta de nuez de la india es espectacular

Pros: La variedad y opciones, La ambientación del lugar

vegandinosaur

Points +315

24 Dec 2023

Double Zero is the best

I have Strong Opinions about vegan cheese but the truffle pizza is truly the best pizza I have ever had. A must visit when in PVD.

Brittany.nikki

Points +310

11 Dec 2023

My Favourite Restaurant Ever

Not going to lie, I spend every chance I can get in this place. From the vegan market, to the restaurants, I will spend hours here. I have introduced all of my family members to this place, and although none of them are vegan, they all have great experiences here! The gluten free bread it amazing, and I love the vibe. Every worker here has gone above and beyond for my allergies, which is a blessing! Honestly, stop here if you're craving any type of vegan food.

I promise you, once you try the spinach and artichoke dip, you will crave it weekly!

Updated from previous review on 2023-12-11

Pros: Variety of options, Vegan market is great, Allergy conscious!

Cons: You have to choose only one menu

Tamy

Points +3148

25 Nov 2023

Nice concept, disappointing execution

Vegan food hall with a variety of restaurants options. Everything is pretty overpriced and food is ok. Nothing to write home about.

I tried the 00 pizza and built my own bowl at their sushi / generic bowl eatery. Everything was ok, but the pizza sauce (which on a vegan margherita is pretty important) tasted canned and the bowl was just a plate of un seasoned cooked and cold veggies and salads (e.g., roasted cauliflower, roasted potatoes, white bean salad) on farro. It was the sort of thing that I would be very happy with at an airport, but not in a gourmet food hall.

Cool concept, but I won’t be returning.

Pros: Concept

Cons: Mediocre food, Overpriced

MarkJamesBordieri

Points +152

24 Nov 2023

Amazing

I must say I love everything about this place.

Updated from previous review on 2023-11-24

MelissaLynne

Points +139

15 Nov 2023

Worth it

We were traveling from Boston to New Haven and decided to stop and support an all vegan market. It was fantastic!

Pros: Variety , Culinary creativity , Affordable

mszmyt

Points +223

13 Nov 2023

Plant City on Repeat

I’m embarrassed to say just how many times my sister and I came to Plant City while we were visiting Providence this past weekend. What I will say is that Double Zero is our favorite of the restaurant options overall. Our favorite dishes from the entire food hall included the cacio e pepe, the fettuccine Alfredo, the Caesar salad, the pear crisp a la mode, the fried tofu sushi roll, the Buffalo cauliflower wings, the crab cake eggs Benedict (brunch menu), and the spaghetti carbonara (brunch menu). We will definitely be back!

Pros: So many options, Something for everyone , Large portions

Cons: Brunch menu wasn’t posted online, Wish there were juice options for brunch

KateKaufmann

Points +95

15 Oct 2023

So good, so many options!

had the wild mushroom pasta and an apple cider and an acai smoothie and all were delicious.

HannahNicolet

Points +206

06 Oct 2023

Vegan Food Hall

Love all the different vegan restaurants to choose from. Settled in the Italian restaurant and both dishes were incredible.
They had a really great outdoor seating area and the staff was incredibly friendly.

Pros: All vegan, Multiple food options, Has a little bodega with vegan groceries

AprilJoyce

Points +282

27 Sep 2023

Plant 🌱 City 🏙️ Whoa 🤯 just wow 😮

So many restaurants… ALL vegan… under just one roof. We chose Bessina (Mexican restaurant). We ordered the fajita bowls. Delicious. There’s also a market/retail downstairs. We bought snacks and some breakfast (overnight oats) for the next day.

Pros: Great prices , Nice sized portions-Delicious , All vegan

LPveg

Points +390

07 Sep 2023

Amazing vegan Mexican food

Went here with 3 friends and we all tried different menu items. The nachos and tacos dorados were real standouts. We also enjoyed the mushroom quesadilla and the chiles rellenos. Desserts were also fantastic!

Smiley1

Points +73

10 Aug 2023

Great Eggplant Parmesan

Very beautiful place with Great Vegain Options. It's a vegan eaters Heaven. This was one of many meals I been wanting to try. I always do take out at Plant City. I finally had some time to dine in for a meal it was absolutely delicious.

Updated from previous review on 2023-08-10

Pros: You can Shop for your Groceries here., 5 Restaurants in one , Beautiful scenery wherever you seat outside

Cons: 5 Restaurants but if you eat outside Pick 1

DanielOakfield

Points +83

21 Jul 2023

Must visit

Do you have friends who thinks being vegan means eating hay and feeling miserable? Bring them to Plant City, well done Providence for putting together such a great mix of products and businesses.
Prices are absolutely affordable and the choices are comprehensive. Will be back as soon!

Pros: Choices, Atmosphere, Prices

amberx722

Points +76

16 Jul 2023

⭐️

Food and drinks were good and the atmosphere inside was really nice. A little pricey for the quality of the dishes and our silverware/glasses were a little dirty. overall enjoyed dining there.

ogmill

Points +77

Vegetarian
13 Jul 2023

Meals & coffee very good! Pop tart a little dry.

I had a fiesta bowl which was tasty and filling. Iced coffee was refreshing. The employee who helped me was friendly & helpful. I also had a chocolate pop tart, which was kind of dry/bready. I went back the next day and had a burger and fries which were both delicious! Overall a fun environment for socializing and ample seating with wifi and outlets for doing remote work.

Updated from previous review on 2023-07-11

Pros: Ambience , Food and coffee , Compostable napkins/containers

Cons: Pop tart dry

Veganbasedlifestyle

Points +237

06 Jul 2023

Amazing

I love plant city the truffle pizza is my fav and the nachos

EricLovesToEat

Points +45

05 Jul 2023

Yum!

This is like a vegan playground! Three full different menus of all plant-based food. We ate off the Mexican menu--delicious cashew crema, nachos, guacamole, burrito, etc. Many gluten free options and server was very knowledgeable about their kitchen segregation. All GF items came out with a flag to let us know they were kept separate! Couldn't resist getting dessert too.

Catdogtor🐾

Points +400

30 Jun 2023

So many wonderful vegan options!

So far I’ve been able to try Double Zero, Make Out and New Burger (plus some shopping at the market). I took home some cheese from the market that wasn’t for me, but everything I’ve eaten from the restaurants was delicious! Awesome to have so many vegan options in one spot! Will absolutely be coming back whenever I’m back in Providence!

Pros: Lots of variety, All vegan, Delicious

Cons: Can get a bit expensive