Plant B

n/a

Oude Koornmarkt 64, Antwerpen, Belgium, 2000

Vegetarian coffee and lunch bar opened Dec 2017 in downtown Antwerp. Serves breakfast, open-face sandwiches, salads, tapas, and desserts. Has soy, coconut, almond, and hazelnut milks for drinks. Open Tue-Thu 10:00am-6:00pm, Fri 10:00am-7:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-6:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, European

First Review by CLRtraveller

not welcome - Edit

We've walked an hour to get there because we wanted a vegan breakfast or lunch and we saw 4 tables available but they said it was full and didn't give any options for coming back later

PlantB 22 Apr 2018 - Dear,
We understand your frustration, and we’re sorry we couldn’t welcome you today. Weekends are always quite busy, but today we were even fully booked for breakfast and lunch. You probably didn’t notice, but the tables you referred to had a sign that said “reserved”.
We hope to welcome you again to our coffee house in the future. Perhaps it’s safest to give us a quick call in advance next time and then one of the tables that say “reserved” could be yours. ;-)
Kind regards,
the Plant B team

Centrally located, good food and hot drinks - Edit

Right on Oude Koornmarkt, Plant B is easy to find. On my first visit on a cold, snowy day, I had a soymilk hot chocolate (could have chosen coconut milk for a slightly sweeter drink). It comes with an Oreo cookie (they’re vegan). The warmed, frothed milk is served in a glass mug with a cube of chocolate on a wooden spoon-stick. You swirl the chocolate around in the warm milk, and it melts. Lovely. The menu looks very interesting, and I want to return. What about a spicy hazelnut latte with ginger, cardamom and cayenne (€3.20) or a turmeric latte? Good-looking sandwiches, such as no-egg salad, avocado, hummus, rainbow, veg-tuna or mushrooms-on-toast. Salads, tapas and cake of the day. Combination breakfasts priced from €5 to €20. Breakfasts are served until 2:00 pm. On my second visit I had the No-Egg Salad on brown bread, €6.80, a generous, open-face sandwich with scrambled tofu, avocado slices and slabs of roasted red pepper. Nice, fresh bread. Tables were full at midday Saturday (February), and it must be challenging for a single server.

Pros: good hot drinks

Return to Antwerpen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Plant B closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.