Planeta Bio

Contact +351-218092063

Praça da Alegria 40, Lisbon, Portugal, 1250-004

From the owners as Bio in Arroios. This restaurant typically offers 5 daily dishes in 3 sizes/combinations. Blue line subway/metro station: Avenida (exit to Praça da Alegria). Open Mon-Tue 12:00pm-4:00pm, Mon-Wed 7:00pm-12:00am, Wed 9:00am-7:00pm, Thu 12:00pm-4:00pm, Thu 7:30pm-12:00am, Fri 12:00pm-4:00pm, Fri 7:00pm-12:00am, Sat 12:00pm-4:00pm, Sat 7:00pm-12:00am.

Category: Lacto, International, Western, Beer/Wine, Take-out, European

First Review by Goattee

tasty - Edit

Went for lunch and there were three vegan choices out of five dishes. You can have four different size plates depending on how hungry you are. Had the small plate with ratatouille which came with rice and salad and husband had large plate with curry and chilli. No vegan dessert and no soya milk. Great spot you fancy a bit of lunch for €20.

Pros: vegan choices , friendly staff , cheap

Great mixed dishes/plates - Edit

Planeta Bio is a small restaurant offering a few vegetarian and vegan choices that you can combine in one dish (you can have a combination of two/three menu options), and also offers a decent selection of wines. I found the possibility to combine the various options really good, as it offers you the chance to taste more than just one dish. Everything we (my girlfriend and I) had was great! :--)

The dinner was also very cheap.

Pros: Good food, Mixed dishes/plates available, Cheap

Tasty vegetarian food with many options - Edit

I agree with the first review and most of the basic information can be found there. My experience was that the food was surprisingly good and I'd definitely eat there again. I also liked how they had different meal sizes and how you can combine different elements on your plate. One of our friends didn't get what she ordered because they were out of the meal in question. The waiter was helpful and the atmosphere peaceful. The interior wasn't anything special. There seems to be a lot of vegetarian restaurants in the area.

Pros: Very tasty food, Helpful staff, Good location

Cons: Interior nothing special, Out of the meal that was ordered

Subtle and creative. - Edit

We visited for dinner just after opening time. Six entrées were listed on the evening's menu. Customers wishing to sample have the option of ordering a mixed plate. The medium plate allows for two entrées while the "normal" plate holds three. So we ordered all of the evening's offerings. The plates arrived with generous helpings including a small salad and something that we both agreed was a cole slaw inspired side dish. Everything was subtly flavored. This is not a polite way of criticizing; it was a tasty meal. We were pleasantly surprised by the beet lasagna. Most vegetarian places will do something with spinach. This one avoided cloying sweetness. The fafalle/tofu dish was also good. I hasten to add that both pasta dishes were al dente! This was a sure sign that the kitchen staff cares. Nothing was over salted or excessively oily. The final bill was just a bit below the prevailing prices so it was good value. All in all a satisfying meal that's easy on the stomach and respectful of a limited budget. I wouldn't make it a nightly meal but I certainly would have visited a second time if this hadn't been our last night in Lisbon.

Pros: Not the usual items. Fresh ingredients. Genuinely

Return to Lisbon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Planeta Bio closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1753 times since Sep 2015.