First Review by kathy jay

One of the best options in Edmonton - Edit

I've been shopping here for years - even before I was vegan. It is a small store but they pack a lot inside. While I enjoy many of the products they carry and am thankful they exist, I wish they had a buyer who was more proactive in sourcing new vegan products. They carry pretty basic vegan items and nothing that is new to the market in the last few years. I am not a grocery buyer but I find it rather easy to stay current on what is new in the industry so I don't consider that an excuse. Also, I have requested certain products be brought in and never even received a response. So, while I encourage others to use this resource for what is available, I think they could do A LOT more and corner the market on many of these items in Edmonton. I would be happy to support them weekly if they did.

Pros: Many hard to find items, VERY pleasant staff

Cons: Only basic vegan products, Rare to see new food products

Not bad, but not the best - Edit

Planet Organic has a pretty good selection of vegan items, they are still one of the few places in the city that carries tempeh. There prices tend to be a bit on the high side, but there is usually a reasonable selection and variety of products available. However they also stock meat (and how planet friendly is that?), so generally I prefer to support Earth's General Store, which is vegetarian and carries many of the same organic products.

Pros: convenient location, good selection

Cons: carries meat products, prices are high

I love this store! - Edit

I have been shopping at this store for 8 years. Even before it was Planet Organic. The store itself is kinda tiny but at the same time they pack it full of lots of variety. They take the time to listen to their customers and offer super friendly service. I know because I worked there for 2 years!
They dont have the same selection that the other southside location has, however, they sometimes carry things that the other location doesn't. The deli food is brought over each morning from the other location so its as fresh as it is over at the other location. I find the prices fine for organic, healthy food. It also has hands down the best organic produce section in a store in the city.

Pros: Great selection, Friendly service, Rad vegan deli items

Cons: Kinda small

Great Location - Edit

They can accommodate gluten & soy free diets, and of course vegetarians. I love the location it will be hard when I move not to be a few blocks away.

I've always had friendly service whis is great.

I hate the size of this store; I really wish they'd expand into the lot behind them to make the store large. I have a hard time getting used to the prices of health foods & vitamins in Edmonton.

Pros: Great Staff, Good Selection

Cons: Price, Small

Teenie Organic - Edit

As stated in my other Planet Organic Market review I am not in love with their prices, but I do believe in spending my $$ at a place that has every respect for our planet. As far as the actual market it's tiny, perfect if you live in the neighbourhood. As mentioned there is no deli which to me is the best part, (they do offer fresh baked breads the focia is AWESOME!) I love all their home made vegan goodies!! So in short, great staff, not as much of a selection, I wouldn't bother with this location unless I lived close by, I rather drive to 104th st (??).

Pros: staff, parking, location

Cons: no deli, small, prices ++

Planet Organic Edmonton Jasper Avenue - Edit

Needs improvement. I went to purchase some bulk food items, but found them to be so stale they were inedible. It appears that the bulk items have been in there for years.The carob chips had a white film? Gross. Also found their cookies to be stale, hard and inedible.Would not recommend, will not go back. I found better quality at big box stores, sadly.

Pros: great location, parking accessible

Cons: bulk food items are stale++, food is not fresh

Return to Edmonton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Planet Organic Market - Jasper Ave closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1839 times since Aug 2007.