First Review by marben

Great selection , pay the price - Edit

I love Planet Organic as I need not worry that they won't be carrying my staple vegan products. However, lately they don't seem on-top of bringing new things in and I seem to always have better luck at Blush Lane or Earth's general store to try the latest and greatest in vegan products. Another thing to note is that their prices definitely sit on the higher end (especially when you can get the same can of Amy's soup elsewhere for a fraction of the cost).

That being said the store is always clean and the staff has always been helpful, their specials are also amazing, I got some great vegan supplements for something like 30% off the regular price, which saved me a lot of money!

Pros: Staff, Cleanliness, Specials

Cons: Prices, Selection

Nice Store but expensive... - Edit

Nice store but some items waaaay overpriced.

Wait for specials. Tip: if you buy a product, check the label for an address and write the manufacturer a short letter and give feedback about the product, and ask for a coupon. Include receipt, bar code of product, and exact product name and size.

Some staff in the store seem overly vigilant.

Great selection. Store is clean. Convenient shopping hours and good locations. Product displays are neat and tidy. Some items they sell now available in grocery stores for cheaper.

I creep by the dead animals on display but realize the store is trying to survive as a business. I guess they have to sell chicken, beef, etc., or else go broke.

Overall a good shopping experience.

Pros: Clean, bright store, Great selection, Convenient hours and locations

Cons: Expensive, Some edgy staff, Dead animals for sale

Good selection - watch for specials.... - Edit

I like this place. Without question, their ordinary prices are on the high end, but they have TONS of specials every month, and when things are on special, they have the best prices in the city. It's clean, there's tons of selection, and I'm thrilled they are in Edmonton.

Good but confusing - Edit

Everytime I come to visit here I feel like they are renovating or just really like moving their stuff around. It was a great selection but with the amount they move their stuff it can be hard to remember where a product is. I used to work at the other location and I loved it but this location has better selection on some items.

Pros: lots of vegan stuff, great selection

Cons: confusing, workers can be rude

Pls add more produce - Edit

This is where I get 35/lbs of carrots to juice/consume in a week. They have more organic produce than anywhere else in town. Thank you for being around!!!!

Pros: More organic produce compares to regular, Close to central, Have other vegan friendly items too

Cons: Needs more produce, More expensive than safeway/saveOn somet, Pls add more branches

Meh.... - Edit

I frequently shop here, I drive 2.5 on my weekends to do my grocery shopping. I buy special vegan fare such as Tofurky Pizzas & other vegan snacks. It wasn't until this past weekend I relaized I was being robbed!! Prices here are quite high, I found the same Tofurky Pizzas at Walmart (S) in Edmonton, now usually I do not support Walmart I was there for something special. That pizza was almost 4$ cheaper at Walmart, along with some other vegan fare!! I am not above saving some dough, for a place that makes you pack your own bags it's not worth the extra $$$

Pros: organic, deli, variety

Cons: expensive, pack your own bags, out of stock items :(

Planet Organic, not bad at all - Edit

I visited Planet Organic over the Christmas holidays and I was pleasantly surprised. This store carries almost every non-parishable hard to find food item you could possibly imagine from wheat-free tamari sauce to xylitol. The staff is exceptionally friendly and offer assistance without you asking. They are quite pricey, but of course you've got to be smart when you're shopping at any health food store. Their produce section doesn't carry the widest variety of fruits and vegetables unlike Whole Foods, but you can get the basics from them. Their bulk section isn't too bad either, however most of the flours I needed were not available in the bulk section but were packaged. Most of their flours were packaged.

Pros: Friendly and helpful staff, Great non-parishable products, nice atmosphere

Cons: Expensive, Small Produce section, Most Flours are packaged

necessary - Edit

Some good prices, some outrageous. Not overly helpful staff, though, so one has to know what one is looking for.
good selection & lots of parking.
I would still prefer not to see a dead animal while I'm shopping, though, even if it is "organically" raised for slaughter...in a perfect world!
good bulk section

Pros: sanitary bulk food

Cons: no vegan food in deli

Return to Edmonton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Planet Organic Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2471 times since Aug 2007.