Planet Organic Market - Southland

• Health-food-store Health Store
+1-403-252-2404

10233 Elbow Dr SW (at Southland), Calgary, Alberta, Canada, AB T2W 1E8

Market offers selections in fresh organic produce, supplements, personal care products, foods, deli, vitamins, grocery, and more. Parking on site. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-9:00pm.

First Review by NurseC

cathalinag

Points +35

01 Mar 2015

Needs Improvement - Edit

Small store with small selection, quite pricey, customer service leaves a lot to be desired and quite often they charge full price on advertised sale items.

Pros: Vegan Items

Cons: Small Selection, Poor Customer service

vegan frog

Points +2679

29 Dec 2013

Great in Calgary - Edit

I used to shop at Planet Organic all the time when I lived in Calgary. In the absence of any Whole Foods or larger alternative supermarkets, Planet Organic is as good as it gets. Great deli with lots of vegan friendly options (sesame tofu and hail to the kale salads were firm favourites), great selection of beauty products, fresh produce, alternative brands and stuff you can't find in regular stores. Great gem in Calgary.

Pros: Vegan friendly deli

Torakiji

Points +29

18 Jul 2013

Not bad - Edit

I've been here a few times, and I've found lots of what I have there but the big thing I noticed was that it was very expensive. And the staff were hard to find and kind of hard to approach.
The one thing I like about this place is that you can return something you don't like. I've never heard of that before. I won't say I won't shop here, but there are things here I can get at other places for a lot cheaper.

Pros: Too expensive, Unapproachable staff

groundeffectcafe

Points +23

Mostly Vegetarian
02 Jun 2011

could be more local - Edit

it's a good place to shop, and the instore deli is handy when you need good food fast, but as a national store they sometimes over look the more local choices that are available to us in calgary, and with few places promoting local produce, area farmers could sure use the help from this other wise responsible organic retailer.

NurseC

Points +11

Mostly Vegetarian
28 Apr 2007

IMPRESSED - Edit

It was my first time visiting this retail (recently) and I must say, I will definitely be going back. The staff were fantastic (knowledgeable, friendly, and very very helpful). A large availability of products, a welcoming atmosphere, and average pricing. The customer service was what got my attention as I went into the store with quite a list needing to be purchased and walked out with only one item not made available (not available in canada). Great job everyone, you have a new customer!. :)

Pros: friendly, knowledgeable, organic

Jeffrey

01 Nov 2009
Hi Nursec, I liked your review. I find Planet Organic great for most things, but some of their prices seem to be outrageous!

Return to Calgary Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Planet Organic Market - Southland closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2075 times.