First Review by NurseC

Needs Improvement - Edit

Small store with small selection, quite pricey, customer service leaves a lot to be desired and quite often they charge full price on advertised sale items.

Pros: Vegan Items

Cons: Small Selection, Poor Customer service

Great in Calgary - Edit

I used to shop at Planet Organic all the time when I lived in Calgary. In the absence of any Whole Foods or larger alternative supermarkets, Planet Organic is as good as it gets. Great deli with lots of vegan friendly options (sesame tofu and hail to the kale salads were firm favourites), great selection of beauty products, fresh produce, alternative brands and stuff you can't find in regular stores. Great gem in Calgary.

Pros: Vegan friendly deli

Not bad - Edit

I've been here a few times, and I've found lots of what I have there but the big thing I noticed was that it was very expensive. And the staff were hard to find and kind of hard to approach.
The one thing I like about this place is that you can return something you don't like. I've never heard of that before. I won't say I won't shop here, but there are things here I can get at other places for a lot cheaper.

Pros: Too expensive, Unapproachable staff

could be more local - Edit

it's a good place to shop, and the instore deli is handy when you need good food fast, but as a national store they sometimes over look the more local choices that are available to us in calgary, and with few places promoting local produce, area farmers could sure use the help from this other wise responsible organic retailer.

IMPRESSED - Edit

It was my first time visiting this retail (recently) and I must say, I will definitely be going back. The staff were fantastic (knowledgeable, friendly, and very very helpful). A large availability of products, a welcoming atmosphere, and average pricing. The customer service was what got my attention as I went into the store with quite a list needing to be purchased and walked out with only one item not made available (not available in canada). Great job everyone, you have a new customer!. :)

Pros: friendly, knowledgeable, organic

Return to Calgary Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Planet Organic Market - Southland closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1268 times since Aug 2007.