Planet Bombay Indian Cuisine

404-688-0005

451 Moreland Ave NE, Atlanta, Georgia, USA, 30307

Serves meat, vegan options available. Indian food in the Little 5 Points area. Veggie choices include vegetable samosas, coconut soup, lentil soup, multiple types of vegetable curries (with chickpea, eggplant, or spinach), tofu curries, naan (ask for without butter). Open Mon-Fri 11:30am-3:00pm, Mon-Thu 5:30pm-10:30pm, Fri 5:30pm-11:00pm, Sat 1:00pm-11:00pm, Sun 1:00pm-10:30pm.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by TreyLegall

My "First" Vegan Dish - Edit

One of my good friends had went vegan earlier in the year and talked to me about veganism. I didn't (as so many others don't) think I could be vegan, largely because I *thought* I would miss certain flavors too much being a spice lover. He came over just to visit one day and had leftover vegetable curry from Planet Bombay. I smelled it before I saw it, and asked to try some because I had never had "vegan food". When I tasted it and the amazing flavors and textures of the dish, I literally decided and said aloud "Okay, I can be vegan if I can eat like THIS!" Even though I (unknowlingly and subconsciously) had vegan dishes before, this was the first time I had ever eaten with consciousness that I was choosing life and consider this the turning point for me going vegan!

The food is so delicious and flavorful. There are multiple veggie curries and you can alter the spice level from "mild" to "Nagaland Hot" (I usually go with the Nagaland😉). This is a great space to bring friends to try authentic foods that they most likely have never tired!

Updated from previous review on 2017-09-05

Pros: Amazing flavor, Multiple options for all eaters, Authentic Indian atmosphere

Cons: Meat and dairy served on the menu, Closed in the middle of the day

Return to Atlanta Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Planet Bombay Indian Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.