Plamil Foods

• Delivery Delivery
  • Vegan

Bowles Well Gardens (at Dover Rd), Folkestone, England, CT19 6PQ

Not a shop; if you are in Folkestone area you could place an order online & arrange to collect from the factory. Otherwise they delivers throughout Europe. Pioneer vegan Arthur Ling & now his son Adrian have been promoting veganism since the 1940s. Arthur started soya milk production in 1965, then added chocolate & carob bars in the early 80s, then chocolate spreads & vegan mayonnaise. Open Mon-Fri 9:30am-4:30pm.

First Review by JohnnySensible

worth supporting - Edit

I have relly mixed feeling about plamil. i'm not really a fan of their products and especially not their packaging.
However the world would be a far worse place without them. they have fought agains gm and worked hard to promote both organic and vefgan and this should never be forgotten.
as the fot the one crap review, joined, one review, sound like someone is bitter.

Pros: vegan, organic

wonderful pioneering Vegan company - Edit

Love everything you do . Also great to have vegans making vegan products . Keep up the good work.

Would Not Recommend - Edit

I ordered some dairy free chocolate for my brother for Christmas, it was fairly expensive for one chocolate bar but I didn't mind. However, I never received the delivery despite emailing them four times, they never replied to me or gave me my money back, yet I am still on their subscription list so they still keep emailing me about sales and deals. I have replied many times to tell them to unsubscribe me and refund my money but they have never replied.

Such a lovely company - purely vegan from day #1 - Edit

I have been drinking their yummy soya milk for the past 35+ years - first in tins - later in tetra-packs.

A truly superb company!

Some notes -

Donald Watson in a 2002 interview - "......of all the many people who have subscribed to the vegan cause, I hesitate to single out anyone, but I would say Leslie Cross and Arthur Ling must be put in the records as being the two outstanding, faithful, contributors to our cause."

Arthur Ling joined 'The Vegan Society' soon after it had been formed. With Leslie Cross & others, he formed 'The Plantmilk Society' as a sub-committee of 'The Vegan Society'.

~ To address a practical hurdle on some people's path to veganism, Cross founded the Plantmilk Society in 1956. After five years this effort gave rise to Plamil, a company that in 1965 began selling a canned soy milk concentrate in London shops. ~

In its Memorandum & Articles it is written that Plamil Foods should always make only vegan products.

Plamil Foods regularly advertised in The Vegan and was the first user of the Vegan Society’s Trademark in 1990.

You may like to read - 'The Milk of Human Kindness' Arthur Ling interviewed by Harry Mather, Vegan Views 37 (Autumn 1986) - http://www.veganviews.org.uk/vv37/vv37arthurling.html

Return to Folkestone Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Plamil Foods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.