Places Restaurant and Bar

Contact +97714700413

Saath Ghumti Marg, Kathmandu, Nepal,

Vegetarian restaurant and bar quietly situated on Seven Corners, a side street off the busy Thamel area. Has Wi-Fi. Frequented by travelers.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine

First Review by LisahhK

Fantastic hangout with inventive menu - Edit

We went for dinner and ordered the paneer steak and the cauli steak. Both dishes come with potato and veg and were topped with delicious sauces. The apple pie for dessert was served in an apple!
There are many choices on the menu with some odd sounding combinations but all the food and drinks were good.
There is a hip feel to the restaurant and in the evening there is live music and a DJ. Only complaint would be the music is a little loud!

Pros: creative menu, Great food, cool vibe

Cons: a bit loud

great spot - Edit

although this place is a little more expensive then other places nearby, it's really delicious and the food is really well put together. I went here for breakfast a couple of times and really like that you also get juice and coffee or tea with your meal. it's a great spot to escape the hectic streets of thamel for awhile

Pros: really tasty, very clean, friendly staff

Great atmosphere, good food, great service - Edit

I really liked that they had a vegan symbol for vegan items. And they have soy and coconut milk options for chai!! They soy chai is AMAZING! Its a great atmosphere and great food (a little pricey, but worth it). The pumpkin momos with the chili chocolate sauce are awesome. Wifi is really good too! :)

Pros: Marked vegan menu options., Tasty food., Great atmosphere.

Cons: Vegan breakfast pancakes are small

Good atmosphere and good food - Edit

I ate here on several occasions during my stay in Kathmandu. The staff have a reasonable understanding of veganisim (some better then others) and the food was always tasty. The Big Plates are big.....so be very hungry or share. My only dissapoinment was the vegan breakfast pancakes...comes with coffee and a juice.....good value and the almond butter is amazing but you have to pay extra to make the coffee vegan which i feel kinda defeats the purpose of ordering a set vegan breakfast.

Pros: Comfortable seating, tasty food, great location

Cons: Breakfast menu is the only menu avail until 12 noo

AMAZING - Edit

full vegetarian menu with vegan options clearly marked. I got onion rings and the king pao veggies. lord the veggies were delicious and the portion was huge! and the onion rings blew my socks off. I will be going back today. and probably everyday for my remaining stay in Kathmandu. the food. the environment. and the fact that they are supporting the idea of veganism and have full understanding of it, I will be going back. asap. right now actually. gotta run. :P

Insanely good, wouldn't want to go anywhere else. - Edit

Such amazing vegetarian food! I had the spinach, goats cheese and sundried tomato salad, which was excellent, and the pesto momos, which were a delight. A wonderful environment to sit, read, write and relax, with good music. A rather artistic and uplifting space to spend an afternoon in. Good selection of speciality teas. Great service too - our waiter was very friendly and super sweet. I completely fell in love with this place, I will be spending more time here next time I'm in Kathmandu.

Pros: Best veggie food around, Relaxing and comfortable, Wonderful staff

Incredible vegan and vegetarian restaurant - Edit

This is hands down one of the best restaurants I've ever eaten in. We went in for lunch, came back for dinner and then again for another meal. The menu is full of vegan options, and the food is incredible. The atmosphere is laid back, the the staff are friendly and the whole place just feels calm and wonderful in the middle of a crazy city. Recommended! Wifi and

Pros: Delicious Food , Great Atmosphere , Excellent Staff

Great Food and Environment! - Edit

We ate here twice during our trip to Kathmandu and each time we loved it. The entire menu is vegetarian and they have a wide selection of different foods (From Nepali meals, to American meals, to Italian meals). The staff is friendly and the atmosphere is laid back, you sit on pillows on the ground.

Return to Kathmandu Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Places Restaurant and Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1735 times since Jul 2013.