Pizzeria Libretto

( 1 review )
416-532-8000

221 Ossington Ave, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M6J 2Z8

Serves meat, vegan options available. High-end Neapolitan pizza restaurant. Kitchen makes a vegan, organic, nut-free mozzarella that can be substituted on any pizza. Be sure to specify vegan when placing your order.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Pizza, Italian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by jonprc

Must-try pizza - Edit

This was some of the best pizza I've ever had. They have this "VPN certification" from the Italian government which at first I thought was meaningless, but there must be something to it. Even without their house-made vegan mozzarella I think the pizza would be a treat. BUT, they do make this vegan cheese and it's fantastic. Don't expect full coverage like with shreds, it's classic mozzerella style so it just come in blobs all over the pizza.

The cheese costs $3 extra, which isn't bad on a $15 margherita. But adding it to a $19 Fungi Di Bosco can be a bit excessive. Though we did both and I had no regrets.

My main complaint about that price though is that if you're removing 3 dairy cheeses and adding 1 vegan cheese, why the $3 charge? I think the management really needs to rethink that policy, it makes no sense.

Updated from previous review on 2018-02-22

Pros: Amazing pizza, Unique vegan cheese

Cons: Expensive

Return to Toronto Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pizzeria Libretto closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.