Pizzanista

562-591-6929

1837 E 7th St, Long Beach, California, USA, 90813

Serves meat, vegan options available. Second outlet of this New York-style pizza from DTLA. Offers vegan cheese as an option on any whole pizza, as well as vegan salads, side dishes, and hand-milled marinara sauce. Also possible to buy by the slice. Uses organic, locally-grown produce. Hand-tossed pizza dough made-in-house daily. Open Tue-Thu 11:00am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-12:00am, Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Pizza, Italian, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by chobesoy

Nice environment - Edit

This place has a nice environment to hang out. They have vegan pizza slices you can order or you can order a full pizza. The pizza is OK (not a big fan of the Gary on the pizza) but the fact that it's ready to order is awesome. I would recommend ask for marinara for the side because the slices don't have much sauce on them.

Gf loves the vegan ranch dressing.

Delicious Vegan Options - Edit

They have great vegan pizza, and I love their vegan garlic knots. They're generally very friendly and down to earth. They even have nutritional yeast as a condiment and vegan ranch.

Pros: Clearly marked vegan options, Chill vibe

Cons: Strange hours , Sometimes out of all vegan options

A combo slice of skater hipster goodness - Edit

This place is great. I love how it's an old craftsman style home converted into a pizzeria and refurbished with some skater culture. There is a large menu to choose from and the very first sign I saw upon walking in was the availability of vegan mac n cheese for brunch.
Suddenly having a hard time deciding if I wanted to get that or a pizza, my decision was made for me when I saw the mac n cheese pizza! Not usually a fan of starch on starch (as much as I love starches) I decided to try that as well as a slice of Seitan meets Jesus. Love the wit of this place.
To wash it all down, I grabbed a rebellious Soviet Lemonade from their eclectic selection of beverages (regular soda fountain varieties to kombucha, to imported beers).
The slices are large and thin crust (the way I like em!) and I enjoyed them thoroughly. My omni date got a couple of non-vegan slices and gave them a thumbs up too. This place will make everyone happy :)

Pros: quick, delicious, large variety

Cons: parking

Return to Long Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pizzanista closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.