Pizza Pi Vegan Pizzeria

206-343-1415

5500 University Way NE (at University District), Seattle, Washington, USA, 98105

Re-opened fall 2015 under new management. Long-established pizzeria offering a variety of all-vegan pizzas, calzones, pastas, sandwiches, appetizers, salads, desserts. Has different vegan cheese options, plus faux meats, veggies, and even gluten-free. Mostly take-out with a small seating area. Open Tue-Fri 4:00pm-10:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Pizza, Italian, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by Miso Vegan

A classic food item gone vegan - Edit

It's really awesome that there is an all-vegan pizza place here. Who doesn't love pizza? More and more places are adding vegan options but it's great to have so man and not worry about getting the wrong order and accidentally eating some animal products. The Mac 'N Yease Pizza is my favorite. I also love that it is right next to the all-vegan grocery store Vegan Haven, both of which are a block from the vegan Thai place Araya's.

Pros: Vegan Pizza! , Mac and Cheese Pizza!

Pizza Rica - Edit

Disfrutamos mucho aquí en Pizza Pi. La pizza de galleta es la mejor!!! Prueba la!!! También El Barrio de la universidad es lindo con gente amable :) Nos encanta Seattle!!

Great Pizza, check the hours - Edit

Always a good option, albeit a very very small location. Try the desert pizzas too! Be mindful of what their hours are. Been saddened a few times when traveling to Seattle from Tacoma to remember they were closed.

Pros: Great Food, Great Service

Cons: Hours, Very limited seating

Great pizza spot - Edit

Great tasting pizza at a moderate price. I opted for the stuffed crust which I wouldn't do again because they used a lot of some cheese that didn't taste good to me. The rest of the pizza was great though.

Pros: all vegan pizza place , tasty

Cons: small seating area , can get busy

eh... - Edit

We opted for the"make your own" option and it was awful. Okay, to be fair our choice of base (garlic white sauce) and our toppings (onion, potato, mushroom, and basil) may have been a factor to a really bad experience. However, the pizza which we received had a super thick layer of the white sauce and hardly any veggies. Since this is a Vegan eatery, a reasonable person would expect more than 24 very small and thinly sliced potatoes pieces and no mushrooms to speak of. The only decent thing was the crust. We ended up removing the few veggies and scraping off a huge mound of the white sauce and then eating the crust and few veggies. We won't be back.

Pros: crust only

Cons: stingy use of veggies, veggies cut to thin

Best pizza - Edit

I love their food and my friends and family that are not vegan love it too. The people that work there are supper friendly. Only thing I wish they were closer to my house.

Pros: All vegan restaurant

Good Pizza - Edit

I've only had good experiences here. I love all the delicious decadent vegan stuff. The poppers remind me of how I remember hot pockets tasting. Who doesn't want the occasional nostalgic junk food? The service has always been decent for me too. I'm thinking you should go here and try it yourself.

Pros: Nostalgic Food

Damn Good Vegan Pizza - Edit

Small and uber casual. Large menu, lots of toppings, 2 sauces and a few different cheeses, which is great because it seems everyone serves Daiya... And it's gross.

Pros: all vegan , yummy breadsticks, more cheese options than Daiya!

Cons: fake meats are tasteless , limited seating

I see why they are going out of business - Edit

Yes, we went on a Friday night. Yes, there was a MeetUp in progress at the same time. But, seriously, the rudeness that we were bombarded with was over-the-top. The service here was horrendous (three sets of other customers said similar things to us, too, so it wasn't just us). The noise and hum from the teeny-tiny eating space (not the other customers) literally gave me a headache. We had to BEG to be waited on, were told that it would take 20-25 minutes for our order, and then an HOUR AND A HALF later we were literally thrown our pizza. The pizza was good (not fabulous, but really good since they use Teese rather than Daiya), but it wasn't worth the wait. If we'd been able to get our money back, we would have. We weren't even offered water for that hour and a half of pure torture. I would never recommend this place to anyone. The only thing good about it is the awesome mural outside.

If the service being bad wasn't enough, our desserts were actually WRONG!!! There is one thing I will never eat: cinnamon. Guess what they gave me instead of my cherry dessert? Cinnamon apple. If we hadn't already driven over 100 miles to get away from the place, I would have taken it back. No, I wouldn't have, actually, as I never want to set foot in the place again and I never will. I completely see why they are going out of business. I hope the cooks get better jobs, as they aren't bad.

Pros: Teese pizza, They are vegan, Location

Cons: Waitstaff rudeness, Amount of time to cook order, Accuracy of order

Katsu 14 Sep 2015 - Hello CottrellBentley,

I would like to apologize for your experience. I was the one that took your order - and totally realized the pi pocket mistake after you had left. I would like to say that we were closing the business for personal reasons - and that it turns out we're not going out of business at all! Instead, we will be transferring ownership. We are a self-serve styled establishment and are accustomed to patrons familiar with the process and have loads of reviews from customers that praise our customer service. I am sorry that it took me some time to see you in the masses and would like to say that this is not the norm. And that hum can be totally obnoxious, I know! Because our building is rather old, we've had to come up with some creative ways of cooling the space which does create a bit of white noise. I do hope you'll reconsider visiting the establishment again as we do have an amazing product.

Worst pizza ever! - Edit

We read all the glowing reviews of this place and decided to go out of our way to stop here on our trip. We ordered two pizzas and some cheesy breadsticks. The "breadsticks" was actually a pizza crust cut into rectangles with cheese sprinkled on it and were alright. The pizza however was terrible, we could only stomach one slice before we couldn't take it anymore. It tasted sour like something had turned bad in the cheese or the sauce. We ended up tossing the rest in the trash... We ended up across the street at the vegan haven to buy ice cream to get the taste out of our mouth...

Cons: terrible pizza

yum! - Edit

Great food! Went for pizza but tried a new item not on menu called bourbon Jack pulled pork sandwich. Spicy but yummy!

Pros: all vegan

Says vegan in big letters out the front. Happy! - Edit

After you battle the purple haze throughout University Avenue and find the shop you see it looks a little dingy and fits in perfectly with the general "alternative" vibe of the locale - and the pipe shop next door. It might put some people off but it's fine with us.

Good vegan pizza. I also tried the calzone sampler - 5 mini calzones for under $10. Excellent value!. TBH they didn't taste that different from each other - maybe my senses were dulled by the pizza overload - but it was all enjoyable.

Nothing like vegan pizza made by vegans. It's always a buzz to see vegan / animal rights propaganda on a shop counter. Respect.

Pros: It's vegan, it's pizza, what more do you need?

Top 3 Vegan Pizza's in the US - Edit

I would say this place is the second best vegan pizza in the US (behind Peace O' Pie in Boston). It's so tasty! They support local artists as well, which is sweet.

Best vegan pizza I've ever had - Edit

A walk-in order took less than 15 minutes (hadn't even finished the Rainier I ordered to sip on while I waited!) Cool little nook in the U. District.

Pros: Fast, Friendly staff, Cool ambiance

Cons: A little pricey

So disappointed :( - Edit

I really wanted to like this place. I was so excited to try it.... I'd been craving some pizza with a little more substance, sick of plain ol' veggie pizza with no cheese. We got there and it was packed full, but we were determined to wait for a table to open up. So we sat awkwardly on the tiny bench seat by the door. They didn't take our names down or anything, so when another group came in and began to wait, we knew we'd need to fend for ourselves to claim a table. It's VERY casual in there... as in, they don't really serve you. You serve yourself.

Anyways though, the most important part is the food. When we were finally able to order (30 min after getting there) and when our food finally got to our table (45 min after that) we were excited and ready to dig in!! My fiancé and I got two small pizzas, each a different topping and sauce combo. The crust part of the pizza was very good. They are good at making bread, no doubt about that. The fresh ingredients and sauces were good too (although laid on a bit thick - I don't like TOO much Alfredo). But the "cheese" and "meats" (vegan of course) were the WORST imitation products I'd ever tasted. Truly disgusting. I could only handle a couple bites before I was just scraping everything off the pizza and eating just the crust and some sauce. Of course it's a matter of personal taste, but I won't be returning.

Pros: good bread/crust, good sauces (when use a little)

Cons: worst fake cheese/meats i've ever had, unclean, unfriendly, very little seating

Best Calzone Ive Ever Had, Vegan Or Not - Edit

Must stop for vegans in Seattle. Food is made by vegans for vegans, and the money goes to the vegan owner and vegan causes. Also the food is fantastic and creative.
Updated from previous review on Saturday March 22, 2014

Good but not the best I've ever had - Edit

It's been a while since I ate here but the pizza was pretty good; if I had pizza dough and Daiya in my fridge though...I would just stay home and make my own pizza.

No. Just no. - Edit

I can't say anything good about this restaurant, I really want to, but I can't. The place itself is dark and dingy and low class. The servers can't be bothered to wait on you and food is awful. I had a Philly Cheesesteak that was greasy and nasty. My friend got the French Dip and it was equally gross. Another friend got the pizza and I can name three different places that serve better vegan pizza than that.

Pros: You can usually find parking, Nearby Vegan Haven store

Cons: Food is not good, Service is terrible

Return to Seattle Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pizza Pi Vegan Pizzeria closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.