Pizza Moda

510-841-5200

1401 University Ave, Berkeley, California, USA, 94702

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pizza restaurant connected to Fellini Coffeebar. Will accommodate vegan requests. Open Wed-Thu 5:30pm-9:30pm, Sat 5:30pm-10:00pm, Sun 5:30pm-9:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by Marthazon

excellent food! - Edit

Super high quality pizzas. Other tasty vegan options. Staff is always very attentive and friendly. Definitely check them out!

Don't Order Cashew Cheese - Edit

I keep coming back because of convenience (I live nearby) and vegan pizza. Often, they are out of ingredients/dishes. If you are coming here to order a specific dish, I'd advise you to call ahead and verify they have what you want. If you are ordering a vegan pizza (the only dish I can honestly recommend), you have options! They offer vegan sausage! They also have two cheese options, home-made cashew cheese or Daiya... but you do not want to get the cashew cheese... It seems to be dispensed from a squeeze bottle which they squeeze a thin-lined spiral on the pizza... From the lack of amount, it does not have any taste. I highly urge you not to order it; just stick with Daiya (and be sure to call ahead to make sure they have Daiya available... it's happened to me before.) Besides pizza, I've ordered the garlic bread and it was not really garlicly and not good. I've ordered a chocolate cake once and it was not fresh (it was frozen) and not good. Also, sometimes you get olives for the table and sometimes you don't. So I've learned not to order anything besides pizza. Low quality food makes the price tag look unreasonable and makes the customer feel cheated. I can tell the staff is strained due to inconsistent management and not being taken care of, but I have yet to have a bad experience with the staff; mostly young adults trying to keep their spirits up.

Pros: Vegan pizza

Cons: Often out of ingredients, Price, Management

Return to Berkeley Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pizza Moda closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.