Pizza Luce

Contact 651-288-0186

1183 Selby Ave, St Paul, Minnesota, USA, 55104

Serves meat, vegan options available. Part of Twin Cities pizza chain. Offers two types of vegan cheese and has vegan mock meat topping. On the menu are also sandwiches, pasta, appetizers, salads, and desserts. Beer on tap and wine. Mon-Fri 11:00am-1:00am, Sat-Sun 8:00am-1:00am

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Pizza, Italian, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by TofuGirl83

Best pizza and salads - Edit

Pleasant upbeat ambiance, booths or tables or small bar. Friendly quirky servers. Vegan Cheeze (daiya...still have it, or homemade "cashew" rinotta...good stuff on Cheeze toast). Menu well marked veg*n. Knowledgeable veg vs vegan. Great variety with pizza, salads, hot sandwiches, pasta, appetizers.

Roasted Brussels sprouts with legal aioli are seasonal, but might hang around if enough demand. They are grrrreat!

Pros: Vegan Daiya and "cashew" rinotta, Roasted Brussels sprouts

Not sure what happened... - Edit

Only vegan pizza in Saint Paul, however they it appears they no longer serve the Daiya brand. Which is a problem as their variety contains cashews. Not very tree nut friendly, which is a problem for us.

Overall we have been unhappy with the service the past year, and have taken this restaurant off of our Friday night pizza place, preferring to make our own. Galactic pizza in Minneapolis isn't to far from us so if we really want to go out for pizza we can go there.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday February 17, 2015

Cons: Cashews in vegan cheese

Oh my! Yum:) - Edit

When my daughter lived in St. Paul she found Pizza Luce. For anyone who has not been a veg forever, you will appreciate this pizza place. Besides Daiya they make their own homemade cheese as an option. The place is not vegan but, have so many options for those of us that are. Their salads are also really good. If you're in the area and craving pizza, look them up. They have their own parking lot and also off street parking. The servers were really helpful and were very attentive. Put it on your list. Yum. Love it:)

Pros: Delicious pizza, Great choices, great service

Pizza and....Molly Bars! - Edit

MMMM, Molly bars. Vegan, gluten-free brownies. Large enough to feed 4 or more. LOVE them. My sister sends us a care package of them occasionally, since she lives in St. Paul, and we're in New England. But the pizza is also really worthy. 2 types of vegan cheese (order both! the cashew rinotta as the sauce and the Daiya as the topping!) and some excellent combinations of veg toppings - vegan bbq pizza, or my fave the wild mushroom and arugula. If only every pizza chain had these kinds of options.... but in the meantime, Pizza Luce is doing things right. Brunch on Sundays (!) has vegan options, and a sake drinks bar.

Pros: 2 types of vegan cheese, Other vegan options, really good pizza!

Cons: A thin crust option would be nice, Parking lot is usually full

Amazing Vegan Pizza - Edit

So surprised to find they had vegan options of Classic Italian entres. You could choose between their mock ricotta nut cheese or daiya cheese for your pizza. I ordered the white mushroom and arugula pizza and it was fantastic. Had a very earthy and garlicky flavor and was very savory. Highly recommend!

Pros: high quality and tasty

Cons: limited options

More than just pizza - Edit

We usually get sandwiches at Pizza Luce since there are several other competing vegan pizza options in the area. The pizza is good, but vegan sandwiches are less common. It is frequently busy, so we like to call ahead with our order and do takeout.

I ordered the Mock Muffeleta (vegan). It has lettuce, onions, tomatoes, banana peppers, spicy mock duck, rinotta (homemade nut cheese), black and green olives, garlic, and roasted red pepper all on homemade focaccia bread. It is a bit messy to eat as everything slides around. A fork is handy to pick up the stragglers when they jump out of the hoagie.

My wife ordered Mock Chicken Dijon (vegetarian). It has lettuce, onions, tomatoes, banana peppers, vegetarian mock chicken patty seasoned with Dijon mustard, topped with provolone and cheddar cheeses. Served toasted on homemade focaccia bread.

For desert, we split a Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar (vegan). It is granola and crisp rice peanut butter bar topped with chocolate. The main part is sweet and crumbly with a thin layer of chocolate on top.

Pros: Tasty Food

Cons: Parking

We Love Luce! - Edit

We order from Luce often, and the only problem I would have tos ay is that they don't deliver to us even though we are less than 2 miles from their store on Selby. We live on the other side of 94 and I am sure their thought is the risk involved in delivering to Frogtown.

My favorite is the Athena with extra garlic! We are also fans of the baked potato pizza without bacon.

Pros: great food, vegetarian, open late

Cons: no delivery

Great Place! - Edit

The first thing they asked when we walked in the door was if we needed a gluten-free menu. How often does that happen? They had several vegan options on the menu, a couple pizzas, sandwiches and pasta dishes. I had a vegan BBQ pizza that was really good and my friend had a "sausage" sandwich that was also really tasty. The service was great too. Overall we had a very good experience.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff

Return to St Paul Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pizza Luce closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1757 times since Dec 2007.