Pizza J

Contact 401-632-0555

967 Westminster St, Providence, Rhode Island, USA, 02909

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pizzeria and bar from the owners of Julian's. Most pizzas can be made with vegan cheese, sauce, crust, vegetable toppings, and a house-made seitan sausage. Gluten free crust is available. Makes also seitan wings which is fried seitan with choice of sauce. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-11:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-12:00am, Sun 11:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Italian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by veganri

Gets better and better - Edit

If I could give 5 stars I would, but on Happy Cow you can only do that for places that are fully Veg.

Okay...the first couple times we went to Pizza J, everything was decent. Nothing too crazy....okay pizza, good seitan wings. (a little too well done the second time we had them)

However, the last few months it seems like there's been a great change as everything has been very consistent and even better than when they first opened. The vegan pizza options are great and they are always willing to do substitutes, and the wings are always perfect. Note: Tuesdays are 50 cent wing nights and that includes the seitan wings!!!

The alcohol selection has been nice, and we have even been in when they had trivia nights before. Very fun!

Everytime we have gone in we have never had a wait, which is nice, and we have never felt rushed by the servers. Great service, great food. I live an hour away yet I want to go down here weekly!

Pros: VEGAN CHEESE that doesnt cost extra, Awesome staff that never rushes you, Great Atmosphere

Cons: Its not located closer to me :P

Shop made cashew cheese! Great crust! - Edit

Pizza J, a sister restaurant to Julians (just a few blocks away) opened in the fall of 2015. They have upped the vegan pizza game for RI! Virtually any pie can be made vegan with their own cashew cheese - and... get this... THEY DON'T CHARGE EXTRA FOR VEGAN CHEESE! In defense of places that do charge extra for vegan cheese (I'm in the vegan food business,) offering vegan cheese is actually expensive and not that easy. The pies are square. The crust gets some nice bubbles! In addition to pizza, they offer fried seitan with your choice of several vegan sauces (we had whisky cola last time.) They also have 2 vegan sandwiches - a vegan Bhan Mi and a vegan RI carnival style Sausage and Pepper Grinder. If you go past the bathrooms, take a right and peak around the corner - you'll find a mini-arcade!

Pros: Don't charge extra for vegan cheese!, Plenty of vegan options!, Secret arcade hidden in the back!

Return to Providence Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pizza J closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 337 times since Mar 2016.