Pizza Heaven Bistro

• Veg-friendly
Contact 602-277-8800

5150 N 7th St, Phoenix, Arizona, USA, 85014

Serves meat, vegan options available. Local pizzeria offering a vegan menu (see website/ask for it) which has pizza with vegan cheese and soy sausage, a vegan delight pizza, build your own, vegan versions of Italian sausage sub and sandwiches.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by jamber79

Impressive Vegan Options - Edit

I was happy to find a local place that had it's own vegan pizza. I got the gluten free / vegan crust with the Follow Your Heart cheese. I was satisfied for the most part but wished my pizza could have cooked longer. My husband got the standard vegan crust and felt his was greasy as well and not cooked fully. I would have been much happier with less grease. I was however very impressed with the options on the menu, I will definitely have to try more.

Pros: Vegan Menu, Gluten Free Options

Cons: Greasy Pizza

sorry to be a party pooper - Edit

I ate there a couple weeks ago...not the best vegan pizza I've ever had. My boyfriend didn't even like his non vegan pizza. If you consider this good food you must try a few other vegan places in phx because this is by far the worst I've been to.

Extremely Vegan Friendly - Edit

I have been enjoying meals here for about 2 years now. They have fantastic pizza, great vegan sausage sandwiches, and the ravioli is fantastic as well. They are extremely vegan friendly, the owner even put in a separate fryer for fries so they don't risk cross contamination. They have 2 vegan dessert options, a great vegan cheesecake and Angel bites. I recommend you try both. This is one of our regular rotation restaurants and we have never had a bad meal.

Pros: Lors Of Vegan Options, Friendly Staff, Open Later On Weekends

Designated Vegan Menu! - Edit

There’s a vegan menu inserted inside of their regular menu. The vegan options include appetizers, hot stuffed sandwiches, pasta, calzone, pizzas, and desserts. It wasn’t listed on the menu, but they also have a vegan cheesecake, which you can get topped with chocolate syrup or mixed berry sauce.

My order:
Veggieballs in buffalo hot sauce - Delicious balls filled w/ actual vegetables: peas, string beans, carrots, & corn. A slightly crispy coating covered in spicy buffalo sauce. Excellent dish for only $5.95. Comes w/ vegan ranch and carrot sticks. (They are truly spicy, which I love. If you don't like spicy food, try the marinara Veggieballs instead.)

Spaghetti with soy sausage, $8.50 - The pasta noodles were cooked perfectly al dente. The sauce and the soy sausage were bland, however. Aside from flavor, I don’t know what else to say that it was lacking. A dash of this? A splash of that? Not sure. They could benefit from Beyond Meat’s Beefy crumbles. If you avoid salt/seasoning, then this is your dish. I liked the vegan garlic bread though.

Dessert-
Vegan cheesecake w/ mixed berry sauce, $6.50 - I did not like it. The cheesecake had a weird, grainy, earthy taste to it. Silver lining? The crust and mixed berry sauce were both good.

Angel bites, $4.95 - (If you’ve ever been to France or New Orleans, think beignets, except here, they are vegan.) They cover theirs with cinnamon and powdered sugar, and they offer you one of 3 dipping sauces: agave, chocolate, or caramel. (The caramel is NOT vegan, fyi.) I chose the chocolate. These suitably named bites of awesomeness brought me life. They came out hot, fresh & ready to be devoured. Large portion, so you can easily share this dessert with 2 or more people.

Nice ambience; perfect for dates. I don’t know if they take reservations, but I suggest asking, especially for busy weekend nights. As busy as they were, the staff was still nice and attentive. The owner was making rounds and asking patrons how their meals were. Cool little bistro. Great for vegans dining with omnivores. I’ll go back for more buffalo Veggieballs and Angel Bites.

Pros: large portions & reasonably priced, dedicated vegan menu, Delicious Veggieballs & Angel Bites!

Cons: tiny parking lot

Cheesy Vegan Pizza - Edit

Pizza Heaven not only has Follow Your Heart soy cheese but also vegan sausage. If you’re looking for gluten free crust they’ve got you covered too. Personally I’ve never been a fan of sausage so there was no interest for me to try the vegan sausage.

From what I could see the smallest pizza I could get was a 12 inch, which is a size my husband and I would usually share.

My husband went with a non-vegan calzone that was HUGE and plenty for 2 meals, but he was pretty darn happy with his choice too.

New Vegan Menu - Edit

This place created a separate menu of vegan items! Check out their site pizzaheavenbistro.com to view. The staff is great and prices are reasonable.

Pros: vegan menu, great staff, tasty vegan food

Cons: so far away from my house :(

Best comfort Vegan food in Phoenix - Edit

This place will satisfy any appetite vegna, vegetarian and omnivore. Best vegan pizza is town. My girlfirend who is a pure vegan was freaked out after the first bite because she couldn't believe it was vegan. Other phenomal dishes include Vegan meatball sandwich, buffalo vegan meatball appetizers, Baked Ziti and other assorted pasta dishes and a great vegan desert, angel bites, fried dough with great flavor topped with vegan chocholate sauce. I been to every vegan restaurant is Phoenix and tucson and this palce is the best. The owner is very outgoing and will talk to you about all the recipes. Also she loves input about the menu and any suggestions you may have for additional dishes.

Pros: Excellent foot, Good for vegans and non-vegans, Large portions

lots of great options - Edit

Employees were all friendly and helpful here. They have live music on friday and Saturday nights. There is a vegan, gluten free, or whole grain choice for pretty much everything on the menu which is great! Always looking for whole wheat or whole grain pizzas and pasta which this place has. Vegan sausage topping was good. Had lots of good veggies to choose from too. Good experience all around.

Pros: ingredient options

Return to Phoenix Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pizza Heaven Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1484 times since Feb 2012.