Pizza Guru

• Veg-friendly
Contact 805-563-3250

3534 State St, Santa Barbara, California, USA, 93105

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pizzeria. Has Daiya vegan cheese and faux pepperoni and faux bacon.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by xDalstarx

lots of vegan options - Edit

During our trip to Santa Barbara, we stopped in for lunch. There's outdoor and indoor seating. The menu has lots of vegan options. The cheese is Daiya, but there's several vegan meat choices as well as lots of veggies, including some that are not that common. We got a large pizza with vegan garlic white sauce covered with artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms, pine nuts and Canadian ham. It came out fairly quickly and was quite good. I loved having the choices of sauces. It tasted even better the next day as we took leftovers. Friendly staff too.

Pros: lots of vegan options, friendly staff

Cons: serves meat and dairy

One of the best pizza's ever - Edit

We were passing through the area and decided to try them since they sounded vegan friendly. Wow, they are extremely vegan friendly. Staff was very friendly and helpful and explained that almost all of their menu can be made in a vegan version. We got the buffalo chicken pizza and garlic bread. It was really good crust and flavor was fantastic. I would eat there again in a heartbeat.

Pros: Vegan versions of everything almost, Friendly staff

THE BEST VEGAN-GLUTEN FREE PIZZA I EVER HAD!!! - Edit

THANKS TO HAPPYCOW SITE I WAS ABLE TO FIND SOME GOOD VEGAN/VEGETARIAN FRIENDLY PLACES TO EAT IN SANTA BARBARA WHILE ON VACATION. MY HIGHLIGHT WAS PIZZA GURU. THE BEST VEGAN- GLUTEN FREE PIZZA I EVER HAD. I ORDER THE NIRVANA WITH DAIYA CHEESE AND GLUTEN FREE CRUST MINUS THE FETA CHEESE OH AND THE CLOVES OF GARLIC(I LIKE GARLIC BUT IT SOUNDED LIKE TO MUCH FOR MY TASTE BUDS). ANYWAYS, STAFF WAS VERY FRIENDLY IN HELPING US DECIDE WHAT TO GET SINCE IT WAS MY FIRST TIME. MY HUSBAND AND I LOVE IT!!! I STILL DREAM OF THE DAY WE GO BACK TO SANTA BARBARA AND GET TO EAT SOME OF PIZZA GURU'S DELICIOUS PIZZA. I TRYED MANY GLUTEN FREE PIZZA IN THE LA AREA AND THEY HAVE BEEN A DISSAPOINTMENT.

EVERY TIME I AM IN SANTA BARBARA I WILL BE EATING AT PIZZA GURU.

Pros: DAIYA CHEESE, YUMMY GLUTEN-FREE CRUST, FRIENDLY STAFF

Cons: NONE

Pretty Good - Edit

We ate there on Saturday around 4:30pm had a large Vegan Mystic pizza, and beer. The pizza was exquisite; it satisfied all our pizza cravings. The cashier/waiter was pleasant and our pizza was ready in 15 minutes. Yum.

Pros: Vegan pizza, Fast service, Beer & Wine

Cons: Pricey

Yummy! - Edit

I love that Pizza Guru actually offers Vegan pizzas WITH "CHEESE" and veggie "meats"! The atmosphere is very like a cozy traditional pizza-parlour, just like I remember going to when I was a kid. It's a wonderful treat and their pizzas are always fresh and delicious! They serve a nice selection of local wine too!

Pros: Vegan cheeses, Vegan "meats", Great crust

Cons: Delivery takes quite a while

Yum - Edit

The vegan pizza here was really great. I loved the cheese and all the different varieties of pizza you could order... Also, there are chalkboard walls in the bathroom. Guiltlessly drawing on the walls rounds off my restaurant experience.

Pros: nice atmosphere

Cons: only one bathroom

WHHHAAAAA?! - Edit

First thing: The cheese this place is using is wayyy better than FYH, I think they made a good move switching over to whatever this new stuff is. Just have to say your triiiipppiiinngggggggg if you think FYH was better, cuz its not. just saying.

I like their pizza and especially like their beers at a good price too! Totally a rad place to hang out drink beers with your friends for not much money and eat some pizza

YA!

Pros: Good Beer, Vegan Friendly, Happy Hour Deals

Cons: slow , slow, slow

Going Downhill - Edit

Pizza Guru used to be my favorite vegan-friendly joint in Santa Barbara. I'd eat there at least once a week. Unfortunately, they've switched to a severely inferior "cheese" and the customer service has gone downhill.

When I asked why they'd stopped using "Follow Your Heart" the employees blamed it on the vegan customers-- stating that vegans were demanding their money back because the cheese "didn't taste vegan." He wouldn't respond on if he'd told them that they'd been using the product from the well-known Follow Your Heart deli, but instead switched to a product that is dry and essentially tasteless.

Pros: Good beer on tap, Some friendly employees

Cons: New employees not friendly, Nasty "cheese"

The GU - Edit

The best vegan pizza I have ever had. the only thing close to as good is pizza pi from Seattle. The white house is amazing and so the pesto pizza along with faux pepperoni.

Return to Santa Barbara Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pizza Guru closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2140 times since Oct 2009.