Pizza Fusion

Contact 954-358-5353

1013 N Federal Hwy, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA, 33304

Serves meat, vegan options available. Part of chain pizza restaurant franchise. Has vegan pizza using Follow Your Heart brand of vegan cheese, gluten free crust, and multi grain crust. Pizza is shaped long instead of round. Some organic ingredients used.

Category: American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Pizzeria, Non-veg

First Review by gr8vegan

LOVED IT! - Edit

This place has lots of choices for vegan gluten free pizzas & other items. We loved it. The crusts appear to be homemade. The sauce is good & lots of options for veggies. (Including roasted garlic & roasted onions). Great place to go with non-vegans as well! Customer service is top notch!

Pros: Great Food, Great customer service, Nice variety of options

Cons: Seating inside could be more comfortable, limited gluten free beer options, Personal size pizzas are SMALL!

Great pizza! - Edit

I love the pizza and its available with organic, whole wheat or gluten free curse. I find the whole what and gluten free very cardboard-y. There are two types of vegan cheese. It is very, very good, although it is quite expensive. The crust is thin and two of us devoured an extra large. It is very, very good if you can afford it or as a special treat.

Pros: Great, tasty food, Organic, Gluten-free options

Cons: Expensive

Going downhill fast - Edit

When I first moved to Fort Lauderdale I started a desperate search for delicious vegan pizza. Pizza Fusion was my first stop. I love to support this "chain" restaurant because it is both organic AND vegan friendly. I've eaten here a few times and each time it seems like my experience is worse than the last.

This location is not nearly as clean as one would hope. A friend of mine ate here on my recommendation and said she walked out before even ordering food because of how disastrous the place looked and how rude the service was. I still went back there two more times and unfortunately my experience wasn't much better.

It is an open kitchen format and on the surface it seems ok but if you are paying attention you will know exactly what I am talking about and it is a big turnoff. Normally it would be fine but the last time I was there, I felt sick afterwards and have not been back since.

The food is not terrible by any means. The Very Vegan Pizza is excellent (I like to add artichokes). The GF crust is also vegan and tastes pretty good (although it's terrible as leftovers so eat it all that day).

Don't get me wrong, I like Pizza Fusion's concept and I still go to other locations...but this one needs some help and they need it fast. I won't be returning until they make some serious improvements.

Pros: Organic food, Vegan options

Cons: Not very clean, Service leaves much to be desired

Not worth it - Edit

If you enjoy spending lots of money for a pizza-- by all means go here. The pizza is okay, but it certainly does not warrant the posted prices.

If you are really hungry for pizza, go to Seasons 54 at the Galleria and order a flatbread with melted soy cheese. The flatbread here is awesome, a quarter of the price, and the staff at Seasons 54 will gadly accommodate your interests. They truly appreciate having us vegetarians/vegans as guests and they even have special menus for us. Yeah !

Cons: too expensive, noisy, often packed

So thankful - Edit

Thank goodness for HappyCow!

I was only in Fort Lauderdale for the afternoon and had heard about Sublime, which would be open when I needed to be on my flight, so the closest place was this.

So good! Their menu said they had daiya and gardein veggie chicken which got us psyched but we found out that those were new menus o those items hadn't arrived yet. So they probably have them by now.

We went with the regular soy cheese and different veggies on personal pizzas. They both had beautiful huge servings on delicious warm doughy organic crust. We also had the vegan brownie which we had to share 'cause it was huge and so soft, moist and warm.

Pros: quality food reasonably priced, clean, friendly staff

Cons: weird location

good vegan option - Edit

Since Sublime is closed for lunch, we appreciated having another place to go for a vegan option. We got the "very vegan" large pizza which included mushrooms and garlic. The garlic was whole cloves too! Yummy! We got it on the whole wheat crust which was on the thin side. We personally like the long shape of the pizza as it makes the slices easy to handle. Overall, it was good to have a vegan option and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Pros: vegan option on menu, awesome garlic cloves on pizza, nice staff

Cons: non-vegan restaurant

Delicious! - Edit

Though slightly pricey, the pizza is delicious and there are ample vegan options. It's wonderful to find an organic and vegan option (especially pizza!) in the state of Florida!

Pros: Clean, Organic, Vegan options

Cons: A Bit Pricey

Fantastic! - Edit

This place is excellent for both vegans and those who like dairy. I went with a mixed group (vegans/dairy lovers) and got the "very vegan" pizza with added veggie toppings and it was delicious. Everyone really enjoyed the meal and continued to comment about it afterwards. The prices are slightly higher that what you might pay at a commercial place, but it is definitely worth every penny!

Pros: Excellent food, Good service, Lots of options

Cons: None!

SO SO - Edit

Based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Pizza Fusion is a chain of franchised pizza biological and therefore their pizzas are free from artificial additives, no preservatives or growth hormones, pesticides, nitrates and trans fats (to name a few ).

The 75% organic menu features an eclectic variety of sandwiches, salads, desserts, beer and wine. They also offer alternatives for food allergies-> Gluten-free beer and pizza, vegan brownies, lactose ...
Delivery is with hybrid vehicles and they make up to 100% of their energy to the purchase of renewable energy certificates.

They are seven franchises in the state of Florida:

Fort Lauderdale

Fort Myers
Hollywood
Weston

Wellington

West Palm Beach
North Miami Beach

I have been testing the Fort Lauderdale north of Miami, already first impression, located in a neighborhood terrible, it hesitates a little but get hunger is stronger, then not very clean, but it's not good degree instead, it's just like when nickel is mainly for food.

We persevered, Mister P chooses his pizza, I took a vegan.

It's move, it's definitely not clean, fortunately I have my antibacterial wipes organic (biodegradable).

Well, we wait 10 minutes, 15 minutes, they finally arrive, small but tasty.

I taste, bof, rather bland but oh horror at the second bite I found a brown hair in the pizza (I'm far from being brown) then no appetite at all.

I call the waitress found him, she called the manager, who reimburse me everything that I find it normal, Mister P finished his pizza he found him very good.

In conclusion, well, I do not know what to think right now I do not advise, but since it's a franchise, I tell myself that maybe it is better managed in another franchise, to see ...

Too much hype - Edit

I was so excited to be able to get a vegan pizza that I drove out of the way on a recent visit to Fort Lauderdale to this place. This small restaurant is tucked into a strip mall and has a few tables inside and a few outside. I ordered a vegan pizza with portabella mushrooms and yes -- it was over $20 with a bottle of water. $16 for the pizza, $2 for the topping, $2 for the water, plus tax. YIKES! I waited quite some time, but I know that the Follow Your Heart cheese does take longer to melt. Got the pizza and well, it is a regular pizza crust with sauce, a few scattered portabella mushrooms, and FYH cheese. Nothing spectacular, nothing I couldn't do at home. I do not think this is worth the price that they are charging and although maybe Floridians flock to a place like this, I can't imagine paying this price for a pizza that really wasn't that out of the ordinary.

Pros: Vegan options

Cons: Overpriced, Bland sauce

vegan pizza option - Edit

They use Follow Your Heart Cheese for their vegan pizza. Deliver all their pizzas in hybrid cars. There are a few seats so you can dine in. Also some vegan brownies, too. They serve organic alcohol as well. Very nice place, and franchising all over the USA. I wish they'd ditch the dead animal products and vegetarians would google Rennet and realize that cheese has dead baby cow stomaches in it....

Pros: vegan cheese

Return to Fort Lauderdale Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pizza Fusion closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2640 times since May 2008.