Pizza Funghi III

Contact n/a

Rellinghauser Straße 177, Essen, Germany, 45130

Serves meat, vegan options available. Standard pizzeria but with possibility to get vegan cheese and vegan salami for your pizza. Open Mon-Fri 12:00pm-2:30pm, Mon-Fri 5:00pm-10:30pm, Sat-Sun 1:00pm-10:30pm.

Category: Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Moehritz

A little disappoiting - Edit

Some friend enthusiasticly told me to check out this delivery service that offers vegan pizza with various toppings includig fake meat and vegan cheese (which is still not that common in the ruhr-area). I ordered just once but was relatively disappointed. Maybe it was to close to closing hour or they had a bad day but for the price I paid for my pizza the delivery took way too long plus the pizza was anything but spectacular. It was wayyy to heavy on salt and the dough was not that good either. Defenitely an option for a lazy day with a hangover and too much money from the weekend left over but for quality food and fast delivery you should definetively consider another option in Essen.

Pros: vegan options

Cons: boring food, way to slow, way to expensive

Great pizza! - Edit

Since this is one of the very few delivery options I have, I order here once per week on "take out Friday" at work. ;)

I am always very happy with my pizza. The "herb butter" that comes with the small pizza rolls is always vegan.
I really appreciate that there are mock meats available as pizza toppings, although I usually go for veggies. They use Wilmersburger vegan cheese for their pizza.

Overall I really like the pizzeria and the food they like, both for delivery and to eat in. The only downside: If you order with your colleages (~20 meals), not all meals might actually make it... :/ Smaller deliveries have always been complete, though!

Pros: Great pizza, Mock meat available , Delivers

Cons: Serves meat, can't always deal with big orders

Nice surprise - Edit

Not being a huge fan of mock meat and cheese substitutes, I was pleasantly suprised at how great the pizzas tastet! We ordered one with pineapple and "ham" and one with "ham" and "salami". Both were equally good. And the free pizza rolls came with a vegan spread, which is another plus.

As we had the pizza delivered to our home, I cannot comment on staff or atmosphere; the delivery man, however, arrived soon after we had placed our order and was very friendly.

Pros: delicious food, quick delivery

Return to Essen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pizza Funghi III closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.