Pizza Express

+44-1992509550

80 Fore St, Hertford, England, SG14 1B

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pizzeria chain where the base and sauce are suitable for vegans. Menu lists a "pianta" cheese-less pizza and a "giardiniera" pizza with vegan cheese. Or ask for vegan cheese on any of the pizzas, or customize your own pie. Open Mon-Thu 11:30am-10:30pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-11:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by LinaBrooks

Fantastic Service - Edit

Pizza Express, as a chain, has always been one of my favourite places. As a child, I adored going here with my family as a rare treat.

As a passionate vegan with coeliac disease and a soy intolerance, I am always hesitant to eat out. But Pizza Express is one of the very few places that actually has a LARGE selection for vegans- even for me!

I had a wonderful starter of gluten free doughballs, I couldn't choose whether to have the balsamic oil or the harissa dip, so the kind waitress allowed me to have both.

I then had a gorgeous gluten free vegan pizza- with delicious vegan mozzarella- with pine nuts, red onions and artichokes.

I spoke with the manager for some time who impressed me with his passion for food, hygiene and being able to accommodate all dietary requirements. He assured me that he had done his research and was able to successfully quote statistics relating to veganism. I could tell that he cared very deeply about supporting people from all walks of life.

He even offered to make my vegan mum something that wasn't on the menu- and hadn't been for some time- just because she casually mentioned that it was her favourite.

If you go somewhere in Hertford today, I truly recommend Pizza Express. They cook with passion here!

Pros: Delicious food, Accommodating staff, Speedy service

Cons: No permanent vegan menu

Vegan Pizza Option - Edit

It's great place to go if you get stranded and hungry, as Pizza Express is everywhere. I like vegan pizza -Pianta but it gets boring after eating it too many time. Staff is accommodative if you want to omit nuts or oil so you can make the pizza low ft very easily. Also if you want vegan cheese they don't mind putting it on if you bring it.

Pros: Vegan pizza/ high street restaurant , Accommodative to special requests

Cons: Limited vegan pizza choice

Return to Hertford Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pizza Express closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.