Pizza di Rocco

• Friend
Contact 026418300

Salam St / Sheikh Zayed St, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, 51579

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pizzeria making authentic Italian pizza cooked in a handmade cupola-style oven. Attention is paid to interior decor and feel: cupboard filled with pizza books, pictures and different oils; lots of plates on the walls; table with herbs in little glass jars, flowers, music, and cutlery in a small bucket. Vegans could get the bruschetta, garlic bread, salad insalata di rocco (omit cheese), Greek salad (omit cheese), green salad. For pizza there's whole wheat or white-flour dough with tomato sauce and choice of fresh vegetable toppings and option to omit cheese. Call ahead if you'd like for the kitchen to provide vegan cheese on your pizza. The location is tucked between the car rental and auto accessories shops. Open Mon-Thu 12:00am-12:00am, Mon-Sun 11:00am-12:00am, Fri-Sat 12:00am-2:00am, Sun 12:00am-12:00am.

Category: Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by apartment2504

Pizza di Rocco – Hidden Gem on Salam Street - Edit

Being a vegan in the Middle East can be tough sometimes, today was not one of those days as I had a wonderful lunch at a small pizzeria on Salam Street. Pizza di Rocco is a hidden gem between all the car rental and auto accessories shops. When we saw the small restaurant, we were planning on having our pizzas take away, but as we entered the tiny restaurant and sat down to order we did not want to leave anymore. Wherever you look – there is so much detail! A cupboard with pizza books, pictures and different oils, lots of plates on the walls, our table with herbs in little glass jars, flowers, nice music, cutlery in a small bucket and a friendly waitress with a smile on her face. It feels like you are at your Italian gandmother’s house, as long as you don’t look out onto the 10 lane Salam street. There is a nice atmosphere, friendly staff and all I was hoping for was delicious food! Thankfully I was not disappointed!
When I messaged Pizza di Rocco asking for vegan options, they were incredibly helpful and I was really looking forward to visiting the place. Before our apetizwer we got a complimentary garlic bread with pesto, olive oil and cheese. So if you are alone or with another vegan/lactose-intolerant friend make sure to ask them not to serve the bread with cheese. The bread was thin, crispy topped with different herbs and absolutely delicious!
As an apetizer we had bruschetta – bread with a tomato-garlic topping served with rocket leaves. The bread was crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, the tomatoes were super fresh as advertised in their menu.
Pizza di Rosso does not offer a vegan pizza, but the dough and freshly made tomato sauce is vegan so it is easy to create a do-it-yourself pizza. There is only one sized pizza which is pretty big. The dough is either whole wheat or white flour with a fresh tomato sauce (35dhs), then there is several toppings to chose from: mushroom, cherry tomato, artichoke, olives, rocket, fresh zaatar, onions, spinach, oven-roast vegetables, roast garlic, red and yellow peppers, avocado (4dhs each), jalapeno, caramelized onion, sun-dried tomato (5dhs each), basil, rosemary, mixed herbs, chili flaks (2dhs each). I had the whole wheat dough with tomato and avocado, I could taste the freshness of all the vegetables used and can say that this is definitely one of the best pizzas I had.
Full post - https://apartment2504.wordpress.com/2014/10/19/pizzadiroccohiddengemonsalamstreet/#more-816

Pros: delicious fresh food, friendly staff, great atmosphere

Return to Abu Dhabi Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pizza di Rocco closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.