Pizza di Rocco

• Friend
02-6418300

Salam St / Sheikh Zayed St, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, 51579

Serves meat, vegan options available. Features Italian pizza cooked in a handmade cupola-style oven. Vegan choices include bruschetta, garlic bread, green salad, salad insalata di rocco (omit cheese), Greek salad (omit cheese). For pizza there's whole wheat or white-flour dough with tomato sauce and choice of vegetable toppings - vegans ask for chees-less or substitute vegan cheese. Offers build-your-own pizza as well. Open Mon-Wed 11:00am-12:00am, Thu-Fri 11:00am-2:00am, Sat-Sun 11:00am-12:00am.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by apartment2504

delicious vegan pizza - Edit

We has the vedure pizza with vegan cheese.
We ate in and the pizza was delicious.
Staff were friendly when we walked in then service was a little slow. We were the only ones dining in on a Friday night at 7.30pm , the place seemed busy with phone orders.
We definitely order again.

Pros: vegan cheese

Great pizza! - Edit

I was extremely lucky to have my hotel in walking distance from this, indeed, "hidden gem". I loved everything about this place (OK, if they were 100% veg it would be even better). They now have vegan cheese, and since the guests can compose the pizzas as they want, there is quite some variety. The pizzas are awesome, the complimentary pizza bread is good, too, and the fresh juices are really nice. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable about veganism. I don't remember if they had vegan deserts, but after the huge pizzas + the pizza bread I did not even ask. A great place to visit!

Pros: delicious vegan pizzas, friendly staff, nice ambiente

Pizza di Rocco – Hidden Gem on Salam Street - Edit

Being a vegan in the Middle East can be tough sometimes, today was not one of those days as I had a wonderful lunch at a small pizzeria on Salam Street. Pizza di Rocco is a hidden gem between all the car rental and auto accessories shops. When we saw the small restaurant, we were planning on having our pizzas take away, but as we entered the tiny restaurant and sat down to order we did not want to leave anymore. Wherever you look – there is so much detail! A cupboard with pizza books, pictures and different oils, lots of plates on the walls, our table with herbs in little glass jars, flowers, nice music, cutlery in a small bucket and a friendly waitress with a smile on her face. It feels like you are at your Italian gandmother’s house, as long as you don’t look out onto the 10 lane Salam street. There is a nice atmosphere, friendly staff and all I was hoping for was delicious food! Thankfully I was not disappointed!
When I messaged Pizza di Rocco asking for vegan options, they were incredibly helpful and I was really looking forward to visiting the place. Before our apetizwer we got a complimentary garlic bread with pesto, olive oil and cheese. So if you are alone or with another vegan/lactose-intolerant friend make sure to ask them not to serve the bread with cheese. The bread was thin, crispy topped with different herbs and absolutely delicious!
As an apetizer we had bruschetta – bread with a tomato-garlic topping served with rocket leaves. The bread was crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, the tomatoes were super fresh as advertised in their menu.
Pizza di Rosso does not offer a vegan pizza, but the dough and freshly made tomato sauce is vegan so it is easy to create a do-it-yourself pizza. There is only one sized pizza which is pretty big. The dough is either whole wheat or white flour with a fresh tomato sauce (35dhs), then there is several toppings to chose from: mushroom, cherry tomato, artichoke, olives, rocket, fresh zaatar, onions, spinach, oven-roast vegetables, roast garlic, red and yellow peppers, avocado (4dhs each), jalapeno, caramelized onion, sun-dried tomato (5dhs each), basil, rosemary, mixed herbs, chili flaks (2dhs each). I had the whole wheat dough with tomato and avocado, I could taste the freshness of all the vegetables used and can say that this is definitely one of the best pizzas I had.
Full post - https://apartment2504.wordpress.com/2014/10/19/pizzadiroccohiddengemonsalamstreet/#more-816

Pros: delicious fresh food, friendly staff, great atmosphere

Return to Abu Dhabi Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pizza di Rocco closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.